Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: achievement glitch
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
DarkArcher
i complete the game in under 30hrs 18:36:47 to be exact and no liberty city minute achievement WTF!!!. i worked hard to get that and it never came up, ive seen a few cases of this and i cant exactly load and old save that has been saved over..

any suggestions on why i didnt get it ROCKSTAR REPLY!!!!!
Roman
Are you sure you completed the game? Did you sit through the credits? A known problem is to lose the achievement for not watching the credits.

Although if you were a smart achievement whore (don't want to be mean, but it's true isn't it? Most of us are.) then you should have made a save before the last mission so you can replay it incase you didn't get the 30hr achievement and the Story Complete achievement.

Remember: Auto save has it's own file and never overwrites your own created saves. So even if the game autos aves for you, it won't have overwritten your own created save.
§ynch
QUOTE(DarkArcher @ Jul 17 2008, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1455193[/snapback]
i complete the game in under 30hrs 18:36:47 to be exact and no liberty city minute achievement WTF!!!. i worked hard to get that and it never came up, ive seen a few cases of this and i cant exactly load and old save that has been saved over..

any suggestions on why i didnt get it ROCKSTAR REPLY!!!!!

I'm guessing this shit is common.
Blew up MUCH more than 10 vehicles in less than 5 seconds, nothing.
Still I could care less about achievements, as long as I get
a legitimate 100% completion, no cheats.
That's what I am working for.

Although I do like some of my achievements such as Daredevil,
chopper under all bridges, escape 4 star wanted level, one man army, etc.

As mentioned previously, just check all your stats, including end credits.
By the way, Rockstar Games is not going to reply to you here. tongue.gif
FuddMan
It happens. If you still want to get the achievement you can easily rush through the story in 10-12 hours or so.
Sharpie Fetish
Did you use cheats Develoers are smart these days and sanction you if you cheat removing the unlockability of achievemnts like in saints row if you use the money cheat you cant get the earn 500k in stilwater achievement
FuddMan
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Jul 18 2008, 06:54 PM) [snapback]1455319[/snapback]
Did you use cheats Develoers are smart these days and sanction you if you cheat removing the unlockability of achievemnts like in saints row if you use the money cheat you cant get the earn 500k in stilwater achievement

Well firstly, (note the comma) using any cheat in SR blocks all of the achievements. Secondly, none of the cheats in GTA4 block the Liberty City Minute achievement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.