Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New City Ideas
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
CJ1517
I think that there are 5 cities that could work well for a new GTA game. I don't think there are any topics specificly like this so give your ideas. I say:

5 Boston ( a little to LibertyCity though)
4 Washington DC
3 New Orleans
2 Atlanta
1 Chicago! The windy city is perfect for a new GTA thumbup.gif
GMT
there's plenty topics about where, where not, where it would be cool, where it would suck...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(CJ1517 @ Jul 16 2008, 10:32 AM) [snapback]1454967[/snapback]
I think that there are 5 cities that could work well for a new GTA game. I don't think there are any topics specificly like this so give your ideas. I say:

4 Washington DC
3 New Orleans
2 Atlanta
1 Chicago! The windy city is perfect for a new GTA :thumb:

As already mentioned, there are 100's of topics about the next location of GTA5. The thing that makes every single one of those topics better than yours is the people suggesting the cities give some sort of reason for their "vote" or preference. You list 5 cities, but not one good reason for any of them just to be a setting.

It's like you looked at a map of the USA and just picked the cities that looked the biggest on the map.

Why did you pick those 5 cities? Give some reasoning or STFU. Thanks.
GMT
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 16 2008, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1454970[/snapback]
QUOTE(CJ1517 @ Jul 16 2008, 10:32 AM) [snapback]1454967[/snapback]

4 Washington DC
3 New Orleans
2 Atlanta

As already mentioned, there are 100's of topics about the next location of GTA5. The thing that makes every single one of those topics better than yours is the people suggesting the cities give some sort of reason for their "vote" or preference. You list 5 cities, but not one good reason for any of them just to be a setting.

It's like you looked at a map of the USA and just picked the cities that looked the biggest on the map.

Why did you pick those 5 cities? Give some reasoning or STFU. Thanks.

sometimes I like your straight forward writing.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(CJ1517 @ Jul 16 2008, 03:32 PM) [snapback]1454967[/snapback]

4 Washington DC
3 New Orleans
2 Atlanta
1 Chicago! The windy city is perfect for a new GTA thumbup.gif

hey dude i know ur new to the forums. plz read the previous topics before creating a similar one.

the 5 cities u chose are basically the same as 'liberty' (northern states). thats why VC is popular as its a southern state
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(GMT @ Jul 16 2008, 11:18 AM) [snapback]1454978[/snapback]
sometimes I like your straight forward writing.

Thanks. Just keeping it Stoic.
GMT
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 16 2008, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1454979[/snapback]
QUOTE(CJ1517 @ Jul 16 2008, 03:32 PM) [snapback]1454967[/snapback]

4 Washington DC
3 New Orleans
2 Atlanta

hey dude i know ur new to the forums. plz read the previous topics before creating a similar one.

the 5 cities u chose are basically the same as 'liberty' (northern states). thats why VC is popular as its a southern state

although I wouldn't consider New Orleans and Atlanta located in northern states
shootthebandit
QUOTE(GMT @ Jul 16 2008, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1454985[/snapback]
although I wouldn't consider New Orleans and Atlanta located in northern states

im not from US so i assumed they were northern but id say atlanta would be boring. and new orleans is kinda like los santos (am i right?)
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 16 2008, 12:10 PM) [snapback]1454988[/snapback]
im not from US so i assumed they were northern but id say atlanta would be boring. and new orleans is kinda like los santos (am i right?)

If by "like los santos" you mean full of black people and ghettos, then yes, New Orleans and Atlanta would be "like los santos".

The next city R* chooses will be one that can facilitate a great storyline. It's not going to be about "Should it be in the US or UK?" It's going to be about where a great videogame can take place.

Everyone who wants their 'hometown' featured because it has big buildings and a high population, STFU, please.
GMT
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 16 2008, 06:26 PM) [snapback]1454989[/snapback]
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 16 2008, 12:10 PM) [snapback]1454988[/snapback]

If by "like los santos" you mean full of black people and ghettos, then yes, New Orleans and Atlanta would be "like los santos".

The next city R* chooses will be one that can facilitate a great storyline. It's not going to be about "Should it be in the US or UK?" It's going to be about where a great videogame can take place.

Everyone who wants their 'hometown' featured because it has big buildings and a high population, STFU, please.

word
HongKongPhooey
city of god 1970's becase the hood violence was real, cops went into the favelas and really got shot at by 12 year olds with ak47's. Id like to see it in portuguese sorta like how niko does it. Oh and by city of god im talking about Rio de Janeiro not heaven, as entertaining as that would be.
Skinny 
QUOTE(jesusdiceshoota @ Jul 18 2008, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1455241[/snapback]
city of god 1970's becase the hood violence was real, cops went into the favelas and really got shot at by 12 year olds with ak47's. Id like to see it in portuguese sorta like how niko does it. Oh and by city of god im talking about Rio de Janeiro not heaven, as entertaining as that would be.

Yeah, a South American or Carribean city, with a favela type area could be interesting.
Linkin Parkinson's
Lol this thread is pissing me off I just want to fucking turn into Kane and start flipping tables over and shit...

New Orleans is NOTHING like Los Santos... If you think that they are similar you should fucking kill yourself. I don't need to explain why go look in my New Orleans thread if you want an explanation. Atlanta would be fucking boring, there's nothing there... why would you even say Atlanta? That's like the worst possible realistic choice they could make. CHICAGO IS EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME AS LIBERTY CITY EXCEPT SMALLER... STOP SUGGESTING IT. Washing DC is pure fucking ass, there's nothing there but the white house and niggas. Boston is ass too... not really appealing, not bringing anything new to the table in terms of "type" of city.

New Orleans would be like Vice City except alot more diverse and better accents... the New Orleans accent shits on the Brooklyn accent.... I'm not just saying that either I'd listen to Mac give a fucking 30 minute speech on the dangers taking a shit because his accent is so fucking amazing, and it's 100% American too, no English as a second language. I'd listen to him talk about GTA brainwashing teens and telling them to rob shit and not give a fuck.

QUOTE(Wikipedia)
The city is often referred to as the "most unique" city in America.

Don't give me that "anyone can edit wikipedia" bullshit because there are like 4 sources for that quote. Why the fuck haven't they done New Orleans yet? Instead you people state fucking lies about New Orleans and move on...
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Linkin Parkinson @ Jul 18 2008, 10:19 AM) [snapback]1455258[/snapback]

New Orleans would be like Vice City except alot more diverse.

it's 100% American too, no English as a second language.

you had a convincing arguement, until you started contradicting yourself.

New Orleans is NOTHING like Los Santos.

if there nothing alike then what about the fact that they both have the stereo-type of black ghettos. seen as R* relies heavily on stereo-types id say thats big enough a reason to say theyre similar (in terms of GTA).

Instead you people state fucking lies about New Orleans and move on.

there is no such thing as lies. just different peoples form of the truth. if you have a problem with my form of the truth plz complain.
HongKongPhooey
Oh he will
Linkin Parkinson's
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 18 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1455303[/snapback]
you had a convincing arguement, until you started contradicting yourself.

I was talking about the accent that americans in New Orleans have.

if there nothing alike then what about the fact that they both have the stereo-type of black ghettos. seen as R* relies heavily on stereo-types id say thats big enough a reason to say theyre similar (in terms of GTA).
Almost every fucking city in America has the stereo-type of black ghettos... LA, NOLA, NYC, Chicago, Detroit... New Orleans has more than just black crime though.

there is no such thing as lies. just different peoples form of the truth. if you have a problem with my form of the truth plz complain.

What the hell? "All those cities are just like NYC"- LIE
"New Orleans is just like LS"- LIE.. it's more similar to VC... actually better than VC.

The statements in quotation marks are not true in any way, shape, or form.
shootthebandit
i searched wiki for new orleans. found that the vast majority(around 6O%) of people are black(backs~up my idea). i also found that new orleans was one of the main cities for prohibition-era crime. this suggests that theres still quite a big mafia presence.

R* could do something interesting with the street-cars and mardi-gras.
Linkin Parkinson's
Wikipedia is fucked up. If the city is 60% black then the rest must be 39% Jamaican, Haitian, Honduran, Italian, Creole, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Cuban, Nicaraguan, Indian, and Middle Eastern... and 1% white because all I see when I go out to the city are people from a bunch of other countries and black people and a few white people. There's still a bunch of white people there though so I don't know where that number came from.

New Orleans in reality is like a gta city. It's separated into zones, it's by water and has land that can be unlocked over the course of the game, black folks have their district, jamaicans have theirs, creoles and hispanics have theirs and so on. If you've ever been to New Orleans and studied it you'd realize that New Orleans is like the perfect fucking city for GTA.

You do a city like Chicago or Detroit and you come out with shit like Stilwater a.k.a. Genericville... you do London then you have Liberty City pt. 2. You do Tokyo and you have Liberty City Pt. 3= No diverse population whatsoever.

New Orleans has the gritty tropical feeling mixed with big city and topped with murder capital of the USA.
HongKongPhooey
you are such a dipshit linkin, read some books.
1UP
Closing this topic down, Much as I rather welcome anyone that wants to share where they want the next GTA to be, Unfortunately it serves no purpose if nothing backs up there idea/ suggestion of why they say those places.

Plus "ya'll" are about to kill each other it looks like. Take your showdowns "outa" town partner's. =_-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.