Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Statue of Freedom?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
Canadianbacon123
Brucie called me and wanted to know if I wanted to go boating, so I say yes and drive over there. So we get in the boat and I have the subtitles on and it says Statue of Happiness, but what I hear Brucie say is "okay Niko, lets take these ladies over to the Statue of Freedom". So was the Statue of Happiness supposed to be called the Statue of Freedom at first?
PabloHoneyOle
I think this has been addressed before, a long time ago. I'll see if I can find the thread, there were some links to an article or something about how during an early testing session it was called the Statue of Freedom.

The consensus was this was a later change in the game that didn't completely cover up. I'm sure the voice recording sessions were long over when they made the final changes.

Good catch though.
Seeen
It's weird that you posted this because last night I noticed this as well and was gonna make a thread today.
OptimumPx
The funny thing is that if you have the captions on they read 'Statue of Happiness' even though that isn't what he said.

Although in my opinion calling it the Statue of Freedom was a better name because it's closer to the r/l Statue of Liberty's name.
GMT
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Jul 16 2008, 06:43 AM) [snapback]1454919[/snapback]
The funny thing is that if you have the captions on they read 'Statue of Happiness' even though that isn't what he said.

Although in my opinion calling it the Statue of Freedom was a better name because it's closer to the r/l Statue of Liberty's name.

And that's what I can think of (or better I do think of unless learning the real reason) why they've changed it to Statue of Happiness, that they felt like S.o. Freedom and S. o. Liberty are too close to each other.

Also, tho I don't know what was there first, Happiness fits way better to the design of it
FuddMan
Well happiness sounds like "a penis" so there's reason enough to put it into a GTA game.
Harrop
Or the fact that the statue is actually smiling, You smile when your happy, Lol
KillersAreQuiet
She's got a rack too
PabloHoneyOle
I think someone has mentioned the statue is modeled after Hillary Clinton, holding a cup of coffee.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.