Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two things about Alderney
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
Seeen
First thing: How come Alderney is supposedly in a completely different state but LCPD cruisers patrol the streets? Not a big deal. Just something I thought of.

Second thing: Has anyone noticed that there are several homes in Alderney, like Pegorino's house for instance, that have garage doors that open when you're close-by? They even have the same type of set camera angle when you walk into them like the older GTAs. Sort of a throwback to the old way of storing cars, perhaps? It'd be nice to use an actual garage instead of those parking spaces on the street that always have my cars getting hit by stupid drivers.
GLC
QUOTE(Seeen @ Jul 13 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]1454340[/snapback]
First thing: How come Alderney is supposedly in a completely different state but LCPD cruisers patrol the streets? Not a big deal. Just something I thought of.

Second thing: Has anyone noticed that there are several homes in Alderney, like Pegorino's house for instance, that have garage doors that open when you're close-by? They even have the same type of set camera angle when you walk into them like the older GTAs. Sort of a throwback to the old way of storing cars, perhaps? It'd be nice to use an actual garage instead of those parking spaces on the street that always have my cars getting hit by stupid drivers.

i knew about the second thing but the first thing i never really thought about.....
Dr. Evil
About the only thing I noticed about Alderney is that the cops say they are state troopers. I knew about the garage at "The Pegs" house. Also, the house of one of the girls that is on the tv show "I'm Rich" is in Alderney, its about 1 or 2 blocks down from Pegorinos place, its the one with the Maverick helicopter in the backyard.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Seeen @ Jul 13 2008, 09:30 AM) [snapback]1454340[/snapback]

I realised that, and thought about how ridiculous it is that they put so much effort into the game, but never noticed that they did this.

Second thing: Has anyone noticed that there are several homes in Alderney, like Pegorino's house for instance, that have garage doors that open when you're close-by? They even have the same type of set camera angle when you walk into them like the older GTAs. Sort of a throwback to the old way of storing cars, perhaps?
It's like that all over the game.

It'd be nice to use an actual garage instead of those parking spaces on the street that always have my cars getting hit by stupid drivers.

People always complain about this, while it has never happened to me. o_0
GMT
@ noshirt and so on: as for the cars getting hit by stupid drivers, just try this one here to witness it yourself:
park 2 cars in front of your Algonquin savehouse (not Playboy X's, the other) and then, when you're not around, go there by cab and skip the trip. the cab'll definitely hit your cars when you arrive.

as for the garages, as far as I tried it every mansion in northern Alderney has a garage that opens. There's also one house where the garage door mechanism breaks when the garage opens.
But unfortunately, you can't use the garage. I tried it but the cars only stay inside as long as they are within the spawn-distance. as soon as you get out of it so the car has to respawn when you get there, it's gone...
Linkin Parkinson's
Also they make it look like GTA IV is set in Liberty City when it is obviously set in Liberty City and Alderney.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.