Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my latest idea for next GTA
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
shootthebandit
imagine an opening cutscene of a innocent young married couple strolling down the streets at night when they witness a major drug-deal. the wife is shot by a gang member, the husband who carries a pistol (only for proctection) shoots and kills one of the gang-members and then lies over his dying wife as the police come and arrest him. it later shows him in prison writing a letter (with the movie voice-over thing aswell) which reads:

"its true what they say, prison does change a man. normally its changes the guilty into the innocent but for me it was the opposite. its been four years now since that fateful night, those four years have taught me how to survive amongst criminals and have left me yurning for revenge......."

he is interupted by the warden who says there is a vistor to see him. the vistor(unknown to prisoner) asks "were you the only witness of that major deal four years ago". he relucantly replies "yes". the vistor says "thats all i need to know" and leaves the prison. the prisoner is later tranfered to another prison and as the prison bus reaches the free-way an unknown sniper shoots the driver resulting in the bus flipping over. a car pulls up and drives off with the prisoner. the driver turns out to be the mysterious vistor. he says "everyone wants you dead execpt me. i need you to help me take down the [insert name of gangs]. i want all that cash, and your the only man who can help me." he suddenly screams "oh shit!" and shoots at two men on motor cycles. "these guys want you dead, take the wheel, drive to [insert street name] ive got bought you a place where you can lay-low (a blip shows up on the map and you are placed straight into the action where the cut-scene left-off). when you arrive it gives you the usual tutorail and he says "sleep.ill pick you up tommorrow; ill get you some food,threads and a cell-phone." you then meet him and you are given a tutorial of the shops in-game.

As the story progresses you begin to get less involved in the revenge and more involved in greed. this would create the opportunity for more things to buy. it would also work well with ,new major on the block's idea.

other idea: buying and customizing cars and boats and heli's. ie you buy a car and itll respawn at your desired safehouse time and time again. safehouses could be upgraded with more parking spaces and helipads (certain safehouses may have a jetty). you could customize boats and helis by adding fixed weapons(driver) and mounted weapons for passengers (hired goons).
GLC
i like this idea.the middle reminded me a little of gta3...
neko_ceko
I actually liked the story. Middle does reminds little on GTA III, but only little.
GMT
I like the story, but it feels to much like max payne to me... or a real god cop bad cop mafia thing... it doesn't feel that gta to me...
but maybe (not that I think the real story would be anything like this) with more ideas for the story's progress it'll work out.

the other parts sound too much the sims to me. ok, I have thought of something like that and how it would be in GTA, but I came to the conclusion that it would be too much the sims for an action game that GTA is (even tho it gets more and more simulation-like with advancing technical possibilities)

but maybe you can do this game as a flash game and post it on newgrounds. I bet it would become one of the all time greatest over at NG...
PabloHoneyOle
Sounds exactly like a combination of the Punisher, Max Payne and GTAIII.

I admire your stab at creativity, but you're really just stealing ideas from other videogames and mashing them together.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 14 2008, 01:34 AM) [snapback]1454433[/snapback]

I admire your stab at creativity, but you're really just stealing ideas from other videogames and mashing them together.

It seems that's what everyone on this forum does. I think it's subconcious.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(GMT @ Jul 13 2008, 03:48 PM) [snapback]1454427[/snapback]
I like the story, but it feels to much like max payne to me... or a real god cop bad cop mafia thing... it doesn't feel that gta to me...
but maybe (not that I think the real story would be anything like this) with more ideas for the story's progress it'll work out.

i was goin more along the lines of innocent man get convicted. wants revenge, meets guy who wants money but for same reason he wants revenge (as i said). As the relationship betweens these two characters develops the main character becomes more interested in the money that is involved with talking down th gangs and he soon aspires to be the top criminal (e.g Tony Montana) thats were 'new major on the block's' idea comes in.

the other parts sound too much the sims to me. ok, I have thought of something like that and how it would be in GTA, but I came to the conclusion that it would be too much the sims for an action game that GTA is (even tho it gets more and more simulation-like with advancing technical possibilities)

i was thinking this as an idea to spend more cash(like i said he become greedy towards the end). by upgrading safehouses i dont mean you have to possition everythng yourself. you just click add helipad and itl place it on roof (of course there would have to be a limit). adding weapons was inspired by the fact that the annihilator was completely useless. Afterall GTA is a Sim of criminal-life. a pinch of strategy and Sim (not too much) would make GTA the perfect game.

but maybe you can do this game as a flash game and post it on newgrounds. I bet it would become one of the all time greatest over at NG...

i dont know how to do flash. im just good at making stories i dont actually now how to code a game but i do know its very hard. maybe if you can do flash you could make this game and put me in the credits.

im surprised about the good response im getting to this.

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 13 2008, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1454433[/snapback]

i respect your critism but i actually got my inspiration from the film 'con air' in which the man kills someone to defend his wife/girlfriend(i can't remember which) although she doesnt die and he doesnt become a criminal but add a Tony montana(ish) character into the mix and it becomes a GTA stroyline.

its OK to steal ideas and blend them together (but yeah i see where your comin from). GTA:vice city was a copy of scarface.
neko_ceko
and GTA III was a copy of Godfather
PabloHoneyOle
There were film inspirations in all of the Grand Theft Auto games, but where Vice City was an homage to Scarface, there were elements of other movies and media as well. GTAIII was not based on The Godfather, maybe 40% of it of it was, again there were plenty of other movie references. San Andreas was obviously an homage to Boyz n Tha Hood and the gangster film genre of the 90's.

GTA:4 is the only game that is not directly inspired by movies and tried to run on it's own storyline. Sure, there are pop culture references in the game, but it's the only game thus far that hasn't been an homage to a pop culture film genre.

Stealing the plot of a shitty Nick Cage movie like Con Air and then stringing it together with the already-been-done Scarface frosting would probably be a major step back for R*.
neko_ceko
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 14 2008, 02:57 PM) [snapback]1454555[/snapback]
GTA:4 is the only game that is not directly inspired by movies and tried to run on it's own storyline. Sure, there are pop culture references in the game, but it's the only game thus far that hasn't been an homage to a pop culture film genre.

And still GTA IV has the best storyline... (at least that's what the reviewers say)
shootthebandit
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Jul 14 2008, 02:06 PM) [snapback]1454560[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 14 2008, 02:57 PM) [snapback]1454555[/snapback]

And still GTA IV has the best storyline... (at least that's what the reviewers say)

the other GTAs never really had a storyline. it was just really about missions and fucking about, the story always came second but with IV the story is one of the key aspects of the game.

stoic.
i was not copying the plot of 'con air'. i mearly liked the idea of an innocent man going to jail. but if youve read my post youll see that the innocent man's character changes unlike 'con air' where nick cage's character stays the "good guy" throughout the entire film. yes the tony montana character has already been done as the playable character but not as a secondry character. again if you read my post youll see that i put "tony montana(ish)" stating that there were only few similarities unlike tommy vercetti who was just a dircet copy of tony montana.
GMT
let me put some more heat into the fire going on here:

if you go totally hardline about copying/reusing plots, you'll come to the point that anything as been maybe by anyone and copied by everybody already. *no matter what*
it's just like music, there's so many billions of songs mad ein the last couple of hundred, maybe thousand years, you can certainly doubt that there's a yet undone combination of notes.

and the same counts for plots... it's more and more the details that makes one story differ from another.
so stop whining about him having copied movie x and game y. it's just the way it works today.

or did I miss something and 4 re-invented the wheel of storylines within the GTA franchise?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 14 2008, 10:16 AM) [snapback]1454567[/snapback]
stoic.
i was not copying the plot of 'con air'. i mearly liked the idea of an innocent man going to jail. but if youve read my post youll see that the innocent man's character changes unlike 'con air' where nick cage's character stays the "good guy" throughout the entire film. yes the tony montana character has already been done as the playable character but not as a secondry character. again if you read my post youll see that i put "tony montana(ish)" stating that there were only few similarities unlike tommy vercetti who was just a dircet copy of tony montana.

Ok, I just thought Con Air sucked balls and would never play a game that had a plotline borrowed from it.

I'm not criticizing you, just the storyline. I'm sure R* has a significant team dedicated to plot development for the upcoming releases of Grand Theft Auto, the DLC and so on...
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 14 2008, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1454585[/snapback]
Ok, I just thought Con Air sucked balls and would never play a game that had a plotline borrowed from it.

I'm not criticizing you, just the storyline. I'm sure R* has a significant team dedicated to plot development for the upcoming releases of Grand Theft Auto, the DLC and so on...

oh god yeah! con air would suck as a game no doubt bout that but i was just taking the part of the story as to why he is put in jail. no similarities apart from that. i hate when he says "dont move or the bunny gets it". its the fucking worst line from a film ever. why doesnt he just buy another fucking bunny when hes off the plane. although it does make me laugh because its such a random line.

of course R* will come up with something 10000X better but i just like to express my ideas even if they go un-noticed.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 14 2008, 12:33 PM) [snapback]1454589[/snapback]
"dont move or the bunny gets it".

That was probably the best line in the movie.
GMT
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 14 2008, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1454592[/snapback]
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jul 14 2008, 12:33 PM) [snapback]1454589[/snapback]
"dont move or the bunny gets it".

That was probably the best line in the movie.

word!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.