Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need help looking 4 a gaming laptop
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
mjw911
i am having trouble looking for a laptop to play counterstrike source. i have looked at the requirements of the game and i need a computer that has:

-512-1G memory
-2.0 processor
40G hard drive
-any size screen
-anything graphics card that will play the game on medium graphics

i need it $400 or lower. i know its hard finding a good price for something like that but i am sure there is something out there. I would appreciate the help!! thanks!!

psychÝ
Well that isn't going to happen and wrong board.
Skinny†
Yeah, I doubt you will get one for that price, tbh.

You could try E Bay, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Severus Snape
For gaming purposes, I wouldn't get anything with less than 2 GB of RAM. And you won't find a laptop with 2 GB of RAM for under $400, I can tell you. In fact, I wouldn't even recommend a laptop for gaming - they just (for the most part) can't compete with the processing power of a desktop.
FuddMan
For $400 you can get a mid-range EeePC. A gaming laptop I think not.
Jasonhh
Try the Dell XPS models its a bit expensive but never ever stops working and it has like a ton a memory.
FuddMan
QUOTE(Jasonhh @ Jul 1 2008, 07:05 PM) [snapback]1452071[/snapback]
Try the Dell XPS models its a bit expensive but never ever stops working and it has like a ton a memory.

You couldn't get much further out of his budget to be honest...
TheAnalogKid2112
I hardly think it requires a 40GB hard drive. I have just a standard laptop but I upgraded to a 2 gig memory and bought San Andreas and it works great. Most computers these days come with really good stats and graphic cards.
psychÝ
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid @ Jul 3 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1452508[/snapback]
I hardly think it requires a 40GB hard drive.

If you want to use the computer it really does.

Sharpie Fetish
a gaming laptop is $800 then your not going to get a great one at that whereas you could get like a $400 PC and possibly save up over time for a 9600 GT i think it is then your ready to play crysis aswell as your beloved CS:S

To be honest though mine was 400 dollar / pound laptop and mine could play CS:S on medium great the first time i tried it (then uninstalled it because i wasnt interested)
psychÝ
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Jul 4 2008, 09:19 PM) [snapback]1452665[/snapback]
To be honest though mine was 400 dollar / pound laptop and mine could play CS:S on medium great the first time i tried it (then uninstalled it because i wasnt interested)

Did you just interchange pounds and dollars like they were worth the same amount...................
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jul 6 2008, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1453016[/snapback]

Did you just interchange pounds and dollars like they were worth the same amount...................

Im sorry i dont have the ability to find out the current exchange rate right at the moment and then calculate it at the speed of light like you
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Jul 7 2008, 01:17 PM) [snapback]1453252[/snapback]

Im sorry i dont have the ability to find out the current exchange rate right at the moment and then calculate it at the speed of light like you

Yet you have the ability to post responses on an internet forum? Ever hear of Google?
psychÝ
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Jul 7 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1453252[/snapback]

Indeed, I did presume most of the people on this board didn't have the intelligence to divide by 2, seems my suspicions are coming to fruition.
Pieface
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jul 7 2008, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1453257[/snapback]
QUOTE(Sharpie Fetish @ Jul 7 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1453252[/snapback]

Indeed, I did presume most of the people on this board didn't have the intelligence to divide by 2, seems my suspicions are coming to fruition.

Thats what i do, just halve it to get an estimate. Or as said, google is a mans best friend.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jul 4 2008, 07:53 AM) [snapback]1452612[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid @ Jul 3 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1452508[/snapback]
I hardly think it requires a 40GB hard drive.

If you want to use the computer it really does.

Oh shit I must have been out of my mind. I had RAM in my mind so I didn't think 40 gigs of RAM would be appropriate haha sorry I have 60 gigs on my laptop and 500 GB external hard drive.
GTA 4EVER
for gaming laptop? thats a bad spec for gaming. if just wanna play CS with med settings, (I dont know how's the requirements) actually a EEE PC laptop with WINXP is enough. maybe just a little more expensive than $400.
but remember, thats a crap laptop!
Dr. Evil
Alienware

'Nuff said. But for $400? You're not going to get anything remotely good for that kind of price.
Pieface
QUOTE(sneaky @ Sep 29 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1466706[/snapback]
Alienware

'Nuff said. But for $400? You're not going to get anything remotely good for that kind of price.

Alienware's are such rip-offs though, used to be like a fasion item in the geeky industry but now everyone knows they just rip you off, when there are much better Laptops for cheaper out there.
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(Pieface @ Sep 30 2008, 10:49 AM) [snapback]1466877[/snapback]
QUOTE(sneaky @ Sep 29 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1466706[/snapback]
Alienware

Alienware's are such rip-offs though, used to be like a fasion item in the geeky industry but now everyone knows they just rip you off, when there are much better Laptops for cheaper out there.

I've had mine for about a year, no problems so far. I did spend some coin on it though. I had them send photoshop along with it so that sent the price up about $600.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.