Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pissed me off
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
firebird999
well, i was in a gta race. i won... then it hit me. everyone else was just walkin' around shooting. second place was 15 minutes behind me... third was 30 minutes... then fourth (when it finally ended) was an hour behind me. i was so pissed! has this ever happened to you?
ViceMan
Yup, I had one (the only time i've played race mode) where there was one guy racing, I was trying to race, then there were 2-3 other people trying to ram us off the road. In the end I just gave up and stopped altogether. I still came second though. rolleyes.gif

Suffice to say i'll never play race mode again.
Ex-PS Fanboy
if you wanna good race, play with me, i ain't an asshole like them other guys, and i'm a Challenge
Ejay1000
QUOTE(firebird999 @ Jun 29 2008, 06:40 PM) [snapback]1451620[/snapback]
well, i was in a gta race. i won... then it hit me. everyone else was just walkin' around shooting. second place was 15 minutes behind me... third was 30 minutes... then fourth (when it finally ended) was an hour behind me. i was so pissed! has this ever happened to you?

I take it that the 3 posting was an error . That said no it has never happened to me and do you know why?I will not play that game, because, if you want to race you have to play ...Race. If I want to shoot at someone you have to play ,you guessed it DM. Yes you are right, you should be able to mix the two, but give some people abit of freedom and they will always take the piss. If I was you mate, I'd save that one for invited friends ,not a bad social game.
ViceMan
TBH i'm not that good at it, maybe i'm laggy or something [/excuse]. I only played in that race because the host changed the gametype at the last minute and I didn't notice. I usually stick to deathmatch when I play.
firebird999
QUOTE(Ejay1000 @ Jun 29 2008, 02:43 PM) [snapback]1451635[/snapback]
QUOTE(firebird999 @ Jun 29 2008, 06:40 PM) [snapback]1451620[/snapback]

I take it that the 3 posting was an error . That said no it has never happened to me and do you know why?I will not play that game, because, if you want to race you have to play ...Race. If I want to shoot at someone you have to play ,you guessed it DM. Yes you are right, you should be able to mix the two, but give some people abit of freedom and they will always take the piss. If I was you mate, I'd save that one for invited friends ,not a bad social game.

yeah it was... this comp. sucks...
FuddMan
Merged the two topics with replies.

I don't bother with GTA Race anymore. I just go on the normal Race mode, and it seems like most people there do the same for the same reason: because they're sick of GTA Race being used as an excuse to create roadblocks or whatever. There's a lot more fun to be had in the normal Race mode, especially if you get a 10+ player game going (which isn't uncommon).
NIGGALICIOUS
Fuck those fucking newbs, kill those bitches with an rpg niggas tell them 2 stop whining like a bitch its grand fucking theft fucking auto mother fucker, and then they wont do it anymore, trust me, they're 12, yell in ur headset and u pwn all newbs. Then they wont fuck about in the race like an ass goblin shitstain from hell
bOnEs
i like GTA race... even when it turns into total chaos... doing the cannonball run on GTA race is really fun!! people are usually staked out at checkpoints, waiting to kill you... and a lot of times, people leave the race because they don't like the cannonball ones... those are the funnest races because, if i wanted to race around in a circle, i'd play a racing game...

idk, GTA race is a ton of fun for me...
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 30 2008, 01:14 PM) [snapback]1451844[/snapback]
i like GTA race... even when it turns into total chaos... doing the cannonball run on GTA race is really fun!! people are usually staked out at checkpoints, waiting to kill you... and a lot of times, people leave the race because they don't like the cannonball ones... those are the funnest races because, if i wanted to race around in a circle, i'd play a racing game...

I agree. I was playing at a friends house. Coming up to a checkpoint I noticed someone standing to the side with an RPG. I braked at just the right time (pure luck) and it flew right past me. I nailed the gas and slammed him into a wall. I said that outta teach you try to take me out little prick. He just started laughing and said that was f****** awesome. Thats how everyone should be (but usually aren't), its a game...have fun! thumbup.gif
Reave
I love people waiting in check points with rpgs or two persons who get angry both, then stop the car, go walking and start to kill themselves. But I think that there must be a limit: 10 (or maybe 5. Or even 15) minutes after the first end the race, the race finish.

I have arrived 6th lot of times, but the people in first positions start to go away cause they are tired and then I won... itīs shit, you know.
Reave
I think R* tried to solve that problem with this feature in the last patch:

* Changed GTA Race and Race so that the last player remaining always receives a reward of $250.
TrIgGeR HaPpY
GTA Race is good to play with a friend or 2, as long as they are people you know its all good. Anymore than a copule of people it just gets annoying, because you will get ganged upon. I found as soon i respawn i just got targeted and killed again. So with a few people this doesn't happen as much. And its good to play with someone you know, as they probably won't fuck around like the random people on servers do. The concept of GTA Race is good, bieng able to race and shoot, but in reality its not that fun.

Normal race is one of my favourite modes, i have no complaints with that.
proxi
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 30 2008, 09:14 PM) [snapback]1451844[/snapback]

Totally agree with you, people should just go onto Race mode instead if they don't like the GTA Race. I really enjoy the chaos, even when some fucker RPGs me in a tunnel or something I still giggle and just carry on or take out revenge. I think a lot of people don't like the time spent for many GTA online modes, but I do, I'm a 20-minute deathmatch kinda chap as anything less I can't really get into.
Reave
QUOTE(proxi @ Jul 2 2008, 04:51 PM) [snapback]1452226[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 30 2008, 09:14 PM) [snapback]1451844[/snapback]

Totally agree with you, people should just go onto Race mode instead if they don't like the GTA Race. I really enjoy the chaos, even when some fucker RPGs me in a tunnel or something I still giggle and just carry on or take out revenge. I think a lot of people don't like the time spent for many GTA online modes, but I do, I'm a 20-minute deathmatch kinda chap as anything less I can't really get into.

I love the chaos too. But I want people trying to get to the finish line or people trying to avoid it. People playing DM.. go to Dm.
SlickCriminal92
i never did try cooking grenades and throwing them from my car. lol that would be funny. get up on the side of an opponent's car and cook the grenade, but dont throw it. so then you suicide bomb and take the guy with you lmao!!

but yeah regular race is more fun. im good at racing but the only time ill play that gamemode is when i want to piss people off by smashing their car into a wall or off the road until they lose, lol.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Jun 29 2008, 11:36 AM) [snapback]1451631[/snapback]
if you wanna good race, play with me, i ain't an asshole like them other guys, and i'm a Challenge

Lol I fuckin blew you up with a grenade in our race lmao
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(StREET StRuCK @ Jul 5 2008, 06:24 PM) [snapback]1452897[/snapback]
i never did try cooking grenades and throwing them from my car. lol that would be funny. get up on the side of an opponent's car and cook the grenade, but dont throw it. so then you suicide bomb and take the guy with you lmao!!

LMAO!! I did that to one of my friends after reading this. It was the race that takes you over bridge into North Bohan. On the last lap he kept saying, "I'M GONNA WIN...I'M GONNA WIN!" Going over the bridge I got him up against the wall and cooked a grenade and took him with me. It was real quiet for like 10 seconds then all he said was, "you son of a bitch".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.