Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Smash Bros Brawl
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
King Boo
Only been released in Australia a couple of days ago. Started playing this in single-player mode, and haven't yet got 'accustomed' to it. It is my first-ever fighting game, so it is a bit confusing.
When playing in 'Classic' mode, and fighting Diddy & Donkey Kong, I find it hard to keep track of my character after doing multiple jumps.
Also I find the menu system the worst I've encountered.
Has anyone else got this game? What are your thoughts?

DuPz0r
I used to have super smash bros melee on gamecube, was an amazing game. If you havd three other friends to play with you, it was even better. Was probably the best fighting game since sreetfighter, killer instinct and mortal kombat.

Hopefully this game is as fun. Sadly i dont own a Wii, but my mate does, so i'll persuade him to get it.
ENVi3
i really liked Smash Bros on the N64, and the one on the Gamecube was pretty good too. and i played those for months and years!
but Brawl seems to kinda just loose its luster after a few days/weeks ..... i don't know what it was about it, but i never play it anymore.
1UP
QUOTE(Vanilla Packer @ Jun 28 2008, 10:21 AM) [snapback]1451424[/snapback]
i really liked Smash Bros on the N64, and the one on the Gamecube was pretty good too. and i played those for months and years!
but Brawl seems to kinda just loose its luster after a few days/weeks ..... i don't know what it was about it, but i never play it anymore.

I have to agree with this. Brawl is fun. For me it seems they keep changing some things a lil bit into the wrong direction, or maybe the series is just getting old. I even found the controls to be harder to make them do what you want aside from jumping around. Still a real fun game, just some minor problems.

The camera zooming out allot is also something the series didn't do in the past so badly. Makes the use of a bigger tv almost essential. Luckily this problem is something you get use to, to a point you don't notice it anymore.

I'll just say agreed with topic starter on the menu.
Sharpie Fetish
Brawl is really boring the only good part you can say is its smash bros brawl I still prefere the n64 version
Indy
The N64 version was one of my favourite games. This would be the only game to tempt me to buy a Wii.
King Boo
Going by my original post, I wasn't really impressed with this, but I gave this game a chance and played quite a bit more over the past several days. Now, I find it is quite good. I still have issues with the menu setup, and those mini games. Definently one to pick up if you haven't already.
My favorite characters so far are Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus, and Pikachu.

Darth Sexy
It's a pretty fun game, and yeah, the menu is dreadful. I haven't played Smash Bros. since the N64 version, but this one is fairly similar. If you didn't like the previous games, you won't like this one.

Fave characters so far are: Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu, Meta Knight and Ike.
asthenia
QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Jun 28 2008, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1451398[/snapback]
sreetfighter, killer instinct and mortal kombat.

wub.gif

I hate the adverty for SSB:Brawl, so fucking cheesy and horrible. Would like to play it tho
Darth Sexy
Must say, Lucario kicks arse.
DiO
I played the ole one for N64. I whooped everyone with Mario.

From what I hear Snake is the best character in this new one. I played it at my buds house but I couldn't tell because I sucked at it. It was pretty fun tho. Its still not enough to make me want a Wii.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Jul 10 2008, 09:09 AM) [snapback]1453835[/snapback]
I played the ole one for N64. I whooped everyone with Mario.

From what I hear Snake is the best character in this new one. I played it at my buds house but I couldn't tell because I sucked at it. It was pretty fun tho. Its still not enough to make me want a Wii.

Aye Snake and Sonic are awesome too bad you have to fucking unlock em its susposed to be a party game (ala mario party 21 or something) meaning pick up and play and you can do everything already i found i had to unlock two of my favourite people on the game so i went through and unlocked em for my friend cuz we were having sort of a boys sleepover just more MANLY and by the time they got here id unlocked them we came to play and i butchered them because i was so used to the game its no fair if youve done the entire sub space emissay your pretty much the winner and thats when things become boring because you have noone to play against same goes for guitar hero i found i had to unlock every single fucking song so i did came to play against a friend a butchered him i got 98% of notes hit on one of the hardest songs by the time youve unlocked them all your too good and it becomes shit

[/Rantover]
DiO
/\ Longest...incomplete...sentence...ever.
TheAnalogKid2112
The one on GameCube was awesome cause I was obsessed with Pokemon back then haha. I tried the new one and just don't like the camera view. NO THANK YOU.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.