Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Robert Mugabe
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Don Leone
What do you think the rest of the world should do about him?
SanFierro'NAM
let the people of zimbabwe decide.. last thing you want is another bunch of people blaming outsiders on their own political junk.
gingergenius
Ideal world:

The UN would be earth's parliament. It would assemble a force to go in and remove Mugabe from power, put Tsvangirai in his place and remain there until the country was up and running, making sure Tsvangirai didn't turn into another corrupt African leader.

Real world:

The UN has no real power because it is NATO who enforce things in reality. No European NATO members can do anything for fear of being called Imperial. Meanwhile, today's real Imperialist members, the USA, has no interest in Zimbabwe because it has nothing to gain from it. It is happy to let mining companies make platinum deals and hence underpin Mugabe's government. Without any NATO soldiers (who are also busy in Afghanistan), South Africa is the only country left with a military capable of doing the job, and who aren't involved with other things. But South Africa is not keen on impeaching a man who overthrew the white ruling class in his country. So, China, today's other Imperialists? No, they're quite happy doing arms deals and making lots of money. Believe me, the Chinese are creaming it in any country that is remotely anti-Western.

Result: Nothing gets done; either Tsvangirai or another rival will be swept to power on a popular revolt following Mugabe's death (he's in his 80s after all), or the regime will continue with another man following Mugabe's footsteps.

There are many countries in the shit, notably Zim and Darfur, yet the interventionist policy imposing Liberal Democracy only works if it is in the West's interest. As far as we're concerned, some black people starving and getting raped in a country that has very little to do with us doesn't merit worrying about. Now, if Zimbabwe were to find some oil, or develop a terrorist group that presented a 'threat' to the West, we might get interested in it...

Sharpie Fetish
to be honest i cant see why the UN dont just work in there lock mugabe up and let them have there presidency vote instead of plonking someone in let the have what they wanted before the beating mugabes men gave them
Pieface
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 27 2008, 07:39 PM) [snapback]1451163[/snapback]
let the people of zimbabwe decide.. last thing you want is another bunch of people blaming outsiders on their own political junk.

Yes, because the people haven't obviously thought of that in such a rigged country. Shall we go around to wherever you livem take your identity card, beat you senseless and say vote for someone like Obama. What would you do in fear of losing your identity, job, life or choose the safest option. Christ its turning into a Genocide in there.
psychÝ
I want to know why bush hasn't declared war to free the people of Zimbabwe for the dictating tyrant...oh right yeah, he doesn't give a shit about that he just wanted the oil in Iraq.
Skinny†
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 28 2008, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1451304[/snapback]
I want to know why bush hasn't declared war to free the people of Zimbabwe for the dictating tyrant...oh right yeah, he doesn't give a shit about that he just wanted the oil in Iraq.

Yeah, Zimbabwe doesn't really have that many trades that could be taken over, or that are vital in any markets, so I don't think the UN or the AU care, tbh.
SanFierro'NAM
^you cant delcare war on just about any country facing political struggle. who are you to try and intefere? like your nations arent run by scumbags as well?
gingergenius
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 29 2008, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1451634[/snapback]
^you cant delcare war on just about any country facing political struggle. who are you to try and intefere? like your nations arent run by scumbags as well?

which is why the UN exists.
Skinny†
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 30 2008, 04:42 AM) [snapback]1451634[/snapback]

You're right, only the ones that have oil need to be invaded rolleyes.gif .

Obviously, I didn't mean we should invade them, I was just agreeing with psycho that the only reason Bush pretended to care about Iraq being ruled by a dictator, was becuase of the oil. No oil in Zimabawe, hence, no one cares.
psychÝ
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 30 2008, 04:56 AM) [snapback]1451694[/snapback]

Obviously, I didn't mean we should invade them, I was just agreeing with psycho that the only reason Bush pretended to care about Iraq being ruled by a dictator, was becuase of the oil. No oil in Zimabawe, hence, no one cares.

Same with Darfur and anywhere with nuclear weapons that might actually be able to fight back.

I would actually agree with military forces going into Zimbabwe so a democratic election could taken place and then pass it back to the victor, guess what would be the point in sending in a military force if you aren't going to push your shitty ways on them so they hate you even more creating even more terrorism.
Don Leone
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 30 2008, 04:56 AM) [snapback]1451694[/snapback]

I had heard that Zimbabwe was actually an oil rich nation, but was simply too disorganised and corrupt to make a profitable trade from it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.