Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The next GTA most likely Vice City!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
SanFierro'NAM
In all past GTA games there were hints/clues as to where the next game would take place. In GTAIII it hinted "Miami", i.e. Vice City. In Vice City it hinted Los Angeles, I think. In this game I've been seeing billboards all over the place for FlyUS and their 300 dollar ticket to Vice City. Then Ive been hearing Lazlow keep speaking of the good times he had in Vice City. And of course we know that Rockstar just took in some guy who makes DJ or Radio talk shows (not too sure, though) in Miami. So I think its most likely going to be Vice City, giving all these factors - not to mention the trend that this has been following. Theyre most definitely gonna redo Miami but I think theyll add one extra airport in the game so we can enjoy the luxury of flying planes. So in this case I think the next GTA will have a Florida setting, with Vice City being one of the cities and I think the next city might be an equivalent of Tampa Bay, Orlando, Jacksonville or perhaps the "Bahamas" or "Bermuda", something along those lines.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 27 2008, 08:12 AM) [snapback]1451074[/snapback]
In all past GTA games there were hints/clues as to where the next game would take place. In GTAIII it hinted "Miami", i.e. Vice City. In Vice City it hinted Los Angeles, I think. In this game I've been seeing billboards all over the place for FlyUS and their 300 dollar ticket to Vice City. Then Ive been hearing Lazlow keep speaking of the good times he had in Vice City. And of course we know that Rockstar just took in some guy who makes DJ or Radio talk shows (not too sure, though) in Miami. So I think its most likely going to be Vice City, giving all these factors - not to mention the trend that this has been following. Theyre most definitely gonna redo Miami but I think theyll add one extra airport in the game so we can enjoy the luxury of flying planes. So in this case I think the next GTA will have a Florida setting, with Vice City being one of the cities and I think the next city might be an equivalent of Tampa Bay, Orlando, Jacksonville or perhaps the "Bahamas" or "Bermuda", something along those lines.

So this is all speculation? No REAL evidence? No source?

I smell BULLSHIT.
GTA ShutDown
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 27 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1451082[/snapback]
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 27 2008, 08:12 AM) [snapback]1451074[/snapback]

So this is all speculation? No REAL evidence? No source?

I smell BULLSHIT.

It does alot of the things he said for San Andreas....

So - Go to Vice City for the 3rd time for a GTA game OR

Go to San Andreas for the second time for GTA - San Andreas Stories

Id go with the second one
PabloHoneyOle
The point is you don't know, all you doing is posting your fanboy wet dreams.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 27 2008, 11:42 PM) [snapback]1451098[/snapback]

You keep complaining that people are speculating, not posting facts, but what facts are they ment to post? GTAIV has just come out, obviously Rockstar isn't going to give us any 'real' information. People can't keep their ideas for a new GTA inside, and that's why we have this forum.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 27 2008, 02:50 PM) [snapback]1451104[/snapback]

You keep complaining that people are speculating, not posting facts, but what facts are they ment to post? GTAIV has just come out, obviously Rockstar isn't going to give us any 'real' information. People can't keep their ideas for a new GTA inside, and that's why we have this forum.

i think wat he means is tha the thread is entitled "the next GTA most likely VC". this is more of a statement(requiring fact) rather than opinion which would be entitled "I THINK next GTA wil be VC". no edvidence would be required for this as it implies that he is stating his opinion rather than fact.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 27 2008, 09:50 AM) [snapback]1451104[/snapback]

I understand why we have this forum. It's to provide insight into the next game or talk about features you would like to see. I'm just tired of people posting saying;
"Here's proof of the next game's location. I found it on a website created by queers just like me."
OR
"I'm totally gay and this is how I interpret artwork in the game to determine where the next GTA franchise will be."
OR
"Based on Niko's tendency to face to the east 25% of the time, the game will most likely be east of Liberty City, what do you think, Europe?"
OR
"If you look at R*'s past games, you can see a pattern that proves the next GTA will be in my asshole (or a certain city)."

It's cool to speculate and have your fan boy wet dreams and create fun little stories for your potential GTA5 plot lines that you can act out with your action figures after your mom and dad have gone to bed; but really, STOP FUCKING SAYING YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK THE NEXT GAME WILL BE, YOU DUMB FANBOY CUNTS.

Unless you work for Rockstar, just say, "My fanboy wetdream has GTA5 in this location... featuring this guy... doing this shit... but I know I'm not clever enough to come up with a balanced game, just this brainshit of an idea I recycled from watching too many action movies and not experiencing enough vagina." or atleast make some sort of valid arguement supporting your bullshit claim.
ViceMan
You have to think like R* are thinking (although they've had the games planned out years prior to their development.) Which city would be the most interesting, immersive and interactive environment to put someone in? R* have to think about their economic situation, maximise their profits. What will pull the most customers in? What is more economically viable?

For me, Vice City would be a welcome return, but much of its appeal lies in it's 80's setting, if it were set in the modern day it would be noticeably different, however if they were to redo an 80's theme some would feel ripped off, of course R* can't please everyone but they have to think about their moves very carefully, hopefully their PR consultants are keeping an eye on all the GTA fansites and taking notes on everyone's wishes.

Until we have some concrete info we're all just speculating. The hints in GTA IV might be there to lead us in the wrong direction, or they might just be innocent references to previous games.
SanFierro'NAM
^I think given that this game (GTAIV) has a dark and gloomy setting people would be bored of temperate cities and would want to refresh themselves with a nice subtropical setting, and thats how Miami falls into the category. Atleast, thats what I think. Also, its not a big case if they remake Vice City in a 21st century setting, it doesnt have to follow suit the 80s. Besides, Miami will always be Miami. a place of drugs, cuban american mafias, fun, luxury, etc. Thats the setting I think folks in rockstar are heading for, especially after the "serious", gritty and dark setting which Liberty City gave us in gtaIV.

The only difference i think is that rockstar might add one new city like the bahamas or bermuda in the game to make it more appealing because obviously people wanna look for new cities and not just some plain old repitition. again, nothings confirmed but i think all the clues we have around, and the trend that this game seems to be heading, Vice City will be a good way to re-attract some of the fans rockstar mightve lost in this game (GTAIV).

========

Stoic Person Eater: why dont you just shut the hell up? What do you think this forum was for? Itd be dead if it werent for people and their ideas, and I never said that it was confirmed. I just said my feelings are its most likely vice city. Excuse how deceiving the title might be because there isnt enough space for me to write down "in my opinion, i think vice city is the next... " so do me a favor and shut your traps up if you have nothing useful to add.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 27 2008, 02:17 PM) [snapback]1451152[/snapback]
Stoic Person Eater: why dont you just shut the hell up? What do you think this forum was for? Itd be dead if it werent for people and their ideas, and I never said that it was confirmed. I just said my feelings are its most likely vice city. Excuse how deceiving the title might be because there isnt enough space for me to write down "in my opinion, i think vice city is the next... " so do me a favor and shut your traps up if you have nothing useful to add.

My post wasn't directed completely at you, however, you managed to fall within the subject matter. Your topic and post made you sound confident you knew the new location or atleast had the level of insight to figure it out.

I'm sure R* has a much better plan for the franchise than revamping a game they already made to appease the fanboys.
ViceMan
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 27 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1451152[/snapback]
^I think given that this game (GTAIV) has a dark and gloomy setting people would be bored of temperate cities and would want to refresh themselves with a nice subtropical setting, and thats how Miami falls into the category. Atleast, thats what I think. Also, its not a big case if they remake Vice City in a 21st century setting, it doesnt have to follow suit the 80s. Besides, Miami will always be Miami. a place of drugs, cuban american mafias, fun, luxury, etc. Thats the setting I think folks in rockstar are heading for, especially after the "serious", gritty and dark setting which Liberty City gave us in gtaIV.

The only difference i think is that rockstar might add one new city like the bahamas or bermuda in the game to make it more appealing because obviously people wanna look for new cities and not just some plain old repitition. again, nothings confirmed but i think all the clues we have around, and the trend that this game seems to be heading, Vice City will be a good way to re-attract some of the fans rockstar mightve lost in this game (GTAIV).

There is truth in that I guess. Perhaps a city based on Miami with a small tropical island off the coast, maybe a private resort for the protagonist to hide out at. It's certainly feasible, considering the size of Liberty City. The next game will probably have a larger map as game developers become more confident in the new (current) media formats and can utilise more of the disc space. It also depends if it'll be a PS3 exclusive or released on both consoles.

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 27 2008, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1451167[/snapback]
I'm sure R* has a much better plan for the franchise than revamping a game they already made to appease the fanboys.

I also agree with this theory to an extent. At the moment I wouldn't like to place bets on what R* are planning. That's why i'm trying not to hope for anything specific, 'cause I probably won't get it.
shootthebandit
i have to say albiet there is no edvidence.vc seems a safe bet for R* as the idea is popular. i think (a REVAMPED, modern) VC would be cool. if they included Havana it would be doubly cool.two cities is another popular idea and would make an excuse for planes/airport. id be cool if u could store guns and ammo at safehouse so u dont loose them at airport security. If they include everglades and gloryhole theme park to VC it would own. i think this would be possible. any1 no R*s email so i can send this idea
Skinny 
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jun 28 2008, 10:16 AM) [snapback]1451268[/snapback]
i have to say albiet there is no edvidence.vc seems a safe bet for R* as the idea is popular. i think (a REVAMPED, modern) VC would be cool.

I think, if it was set in modern times, it would an epic fail. We won't have the fun we had with past games, in going 'Ooh, that's the guy from [insert GTA game here]. So that's how it happened?'. If they have characters returning, it would be after the events of GTAIV, wich would be less fun. Prequels is what made GTA what it is. Plus, having it set in the past creates more of an escape from reality (the whole reason we have the modern video game industry), and let's face it, things these days suck.

if they included Havana it would be doubly cool.two cities is another popular idea and would make an excuse for planes/airport.
You keep saying how much you want Havana, get over it. They have Little Havana in Miami, why would Rockstar make another city in the game, that is identical to an area of the first?

If they include everglades and gloryhole theme park to VC it would own.

You keep saying that, aswell. You are aware that the Gloryhole theme park is in SA, right?

any1 no R*s email so i can send this idea

They have obviously already started making the game, so the setting and story are already underway. If you want to email them, don't kick shit. Tell them features you want that the could actualy add now. Like, about safehouses and radio etc.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 28 2008, 04:00 PM) [snapback]1451419[/snapback]
i have to say albiet there is no edvidence.vc seems a safe bet for R* as the idea is popular. i think (a REVAMPED, modern) VC would be cool.

I think, if it was set in modern times, it would an epic fail. We won't have the fun we had with past games, in going 'Ooh, that's the guy from [insert GTA game here]. So that's how it happened?'. If they have characters returning, it would be after the events of GTAIV, wich would be less fun. Prequels is what made GTA what it is. Plus, having it set in the past creates more of an escape from reality (the whole reason we have the modern video game industry), and let's face it, things these days suck.

GTA IV was set in present day and it didnt suck. the only thing that sucks about GTA IV is alack of things to do, and thats irrelevant. i was saying modern miami is a hotbed of both minor and major crime. Thats what the GTA series is about. if its set in modern miami u may even see a tommy vercetti 20 years later (if he isnt dead). if he is im sure theyll be an easter egg grave.

if they included Havana it would be doubly cool.two cities is another popular idea and would make an excuse for planes/airport.
You keep saying how much you want Havana, get over it. They have Little Havana in Miami, why would Rockstar make another city in the game, that is identical to an area of the first?

have u ever been to Havana. most likely no if u are american but seen as u dont have a location in profile i cant make that asumption. Well ive been and its nothin like little havana in VC. the only reason its called little havana is coz the majority ppl that live there come from cuba. that is what the whole little(insert city/country thing means).

You keep saying that, aswell. You are aware that the Gloryhole theme park is in SA, right?

it may well be in SA. it would be a parody of disney. i believe the original disneyland is in california (SA). but theres also one in florida. as fo everglades i just think that would be fun to drive around a boat in and explore. Another thing which GTA is all about.

They have obviously already started making the game, so the setting and story are already underway. If you want to email them, don't kick shit. Tell them features you want that the could actualy add now. Like, about safehouses and radio etc.

i thought seen as ive shared my ideas here and other ppl liked them (clearly not u). id send them to R* and also give them some feedback on IV and DLC for IV
Skinny 
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jun 29 2008, 03:36 AM) [snapback]1451442[/snapback]
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 28 2008, 04:00 PM) [snapback]1451419[/snapback]

GTA IV was set in present day and it didnt suck. the only thing that sucks about GTA IV is alack of things to do, and thats irrelevant. i was saying modern miami is a hotbed of both minor and major crime. Thats what the GTA series is about. if its set in modern miami u may even see a tommy vercetti 20 years later (if he isnt dead). if he is im sure theyll be an easter egg grave.

have u ever been to Havana. most likely no if u are american but seen as u dont have a location in profile i cant make that asumption. Well ive been and its nothin like little havana in VC. the only reason its called little havana is coz the majority ppl that live there come from cuba. that is what the whole little(insert city/country thing means).

it may well be in SA. it would be a parody of disney. i believe the original disneyland is in california (SA). but theres also one in florida. as fo everglades i just think that would be fun to drive around a boat in and explore. Another thing which GTA is all about.

i thought seen as ive shared my ideas here and other ppl liked them (clearly not u). id send them to R* and also give them some feedback on IV and DLC for IV

You don't get what I'm saying. There's no point in e mailing them with ideas for the setting and story, since they have already started working on them.
shootthebandit
i do see where your comin from but i was gonna send my ideas on features aswell (sorry i didn't specify). also they currently only be at the analysis and design stage of development (they dont start coding right from the start) and still require feedback.
ViceMan
If R* needed feedback they'd be doing it already, covertly. Monitoring forums and judging peoples reactions to GTA IV, then assessing and analysing the comments. This is one of the most popular GTA fansites, even acknowledged by R* themselves in the San Andreas manual. So chances are a R* employee is taking note of all this.

But I guess sending an e-mail wouldn't hurt, as long as you're clear and concise with your comments, being literate helps too, otherwise you'll sound like a noob.
SanFierro'NAM
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 27 2008, 09:56 PM) [snapback]1451167[/snapback]
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 27 2008, 02:17 PM) [snapback]1451152[/snapback]

My post wasn't directed completely at you, however, you managed to fall within the subject matter. Your topic and post made you sound confident you knew the new location or atleast had the level of insight to figure it out.

Well they already revamped liberty city and im not a fanboy of the previous vice city so stop assuming things you fool. And if you werent directing that fanboy message to me then stop posting it around here because I dont like to be associated to them. rolleyes.gif

=======

No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTINATION!:

Not necessarily. games were made to virtually recreate things which we love in the real world but are restrained from doing them. e.g playing for a football team, flying planes, etc. if youre looking for a medieval chariot may i point you to final fantasy or the likes of those crappy games. GTA wasnt always meant to be depicting the past. the only fucking reason they made vice city in the 80s was because they virtually recreated Scarface (movie).

======

shootthebandit: i think theyll definitely add another city ... what ppl dont realise is GTAIV actually has two cities, not one. Liberty city and Alderney city... so a miami-themed game would have two cities as well , i think, only this time itll have an airport an massive land or sea in between. like Miami and Bahamas or Miami and Cuba, etc. smile.gif
shootthebandit
^^a massive sea barrier would be cool. as long as its still accessable. cuba and miami is the perfect choice as it would create great possibilities for a story and actually give the airport a purpose.

QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jun 29 2008, 05:00 PM) [snapback]1451609[/snapback]
If R* needed feedback they'd be doing it already, covertly. Monitoring forums and judging peoples reactions to GTA IV, then assessing and analysing the comments. This is one of the most popular GTA fansites, even acknowledged by R* themselves

But I guess sending an e-mail wouldn't hurt, as long as you're clear and concise with your comments, being literate helps too.

true. i will use formal language and grammar in my e-mail. if anyone knows the address. ill pass on any1s requests so tell me and ill tell R*.
Skinny 
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 30 2008, 03:37 AM) [snapback]1451617[/snapback]
Not necessarily. games were made to virtually recreate things which we love in the real world but are restrained from doing them. e.g playing for a football team, flying planes, etc.

Yes, in other words, an escape from reality.

if youre looking for a medieval chariot may i point you to final fantasy or the likes of those crappy games.
...Who said I was looking for a medieval chariot? I just think GTA would be more fun in the past few decades, rather than the present.

GTA wasnt always meant to be depicting the past.

Two out of the ten Grand Theft Auto games, have been in the present, and one in the future. So, yeah, I think they like doing it in the past.

the only fucking reason they made vice city in the 80s was because they virtually recreated Scarface (movie).

And Miami Vice, Wiseguy etc. Then San Andreas recreated Boyz In Da Hood, Menace II Society etc. GTAIII recreated Heat, The Godfather, The Sopranos etc. Liberty City Stories recreated The Sopranos, Goodfellas etc. So, yeah, they love to copy off movies.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 29 2008, 01:37 PM) [snapback]1451617[/snapback]
Well they already revamped liberty city and im not a fanboy of the previous vice city so stop assuming things you fool. And if you werent directing that fanboy message to me then stop posting it around here because I dont like to be associated to them. :rolleyes:

You're a fanboy.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 30 2008, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1451766[/snapback]
Well they already revamped liberty city and im not a fanboy of the previous vice city so stop assuming things you fool. And if you werent directing that fanboy message to me then stop posting it around here because I dont like to be associated to them. rolleyes.gif

You're a fanboy.

this is a FANsite for GTA so i garuntee evryone is a fanboy to some extent. san Fierro probably is a fanboy of GTA(san an guessing by his username). but his exact words were im not a fanboy of the OLD vicecity. maybe hes suggesting an improved VC would work better.

edit:has anyone found R*s email address yet.
test
The next GTA will be Vice City and although Niko won't even be in the game, he will be able to drive there from GTA IV, through the Castle Tunnel... or fly from the airport.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 30 2008, 11:39 PM) [snapback]1451766[/snapback]

You're a fanboy.

Excellent comeback. My favourite part was in the third paragraph, where you pointed out that fanboys posses a mellecular flaw shared by SanFierro, meanning he is, infact a fanboy. The conclusion about the Senate's policies on fanboy wars in the ghetto being economicly exploited was superb.

Overall, it is not only the greatest comeback, but the greatest post that I have experienced in my many years on the internet.
anarchy xyz
dont wanna start a flaming fight lol but if you use your imagination the IV has references to hundreds of cities you could say that the large amount of indonesian and asian words used like malaka is a hint its going to be based in indonesia but the truth is it aint gonna matter where the city is based look at all of the gta games they have all been EPIC compared to any other crime game so just put some trust in rockstar that it doesn't matter what city the game is still going to fuckin pwn that being said i understand once you get an idea in your head you really wanna get feedback to either bring you back down to earth or to feed you more ideas and no offense stoic person eater i reckon your a mad cunt but i imagine you to be just like jay out of jay and silent bob strike back in real life which is fuckin epic XD.png
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(anarchy xyz @ Jul 10 2008, 03:19 AM) [snapback]1453832[/snapback]
and no offense stoic person eater i reckon your a mad cunt

Talk about hitting the nail right on the head. No offense taken.

I wouldn't say I'm like Jay, but in some ways, I'm exactly like Jay.
GMT
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jun 30 2008, 04:52 PM) [snapback]1451778[/snapback]

edit:has anyone found R*s email address yet.

not the email adress...

but a coulpe of month ago I wrote an email to the customer support in order to get some information about the girl on the San Andreas cover cuz we had a looong discussion in another forum about her and whether she's in San Andreas as a char or ped or not. it was about the time the GTA4 character arts were released and we came back to her as an artwork char that never appeared...

anyways, they redirected me to Rockstar North itself.
But all I got was a phone number and a letterbox address. No email.

(so I didn't investigate further cuz I didn't want to pay an intl. letter just to be told she's an average Vinewood bitch)
Linkin Parkinson's
Give me their info... I'll mail em a letter and ask for their e-mail.
GMT
I don't have them anymore, but you should get the adress and phone number when you contact the customer support about non-technical issues concerning GTA.

this was, btw, pretty much what they told me, that their support only covers technical issues and no game-related information (and that I should contact whoever the adress they gave me leads me to)

just try it, they gave me the adress for as little an issue as asking who's the girl on the cover of GTA:SA...
ViceMan
Just found this while browsing for info on the next GTA:

http://ps3gaming.wordpress.com/2008/03/30/gta-v-confirmed/

Smells like bullshit to me, but i'm sure someone can misinterpret it as 100% accurate info and have a good ol' wank over it.

LETS ALL JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS! VICE CITY IS A CERTAINTY! WOOT! rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.