Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Can Drown!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
BioSphere
I just found out that you can drown.
Niko was floating in the water, and i had the controller on my stomach while i was petting my guinea pig.. (yes i have a guinea pig "2 actually") but ne ways. I felt the controller vibrate. It felt like a heart beat. He was floating there for about 5 mins straight when his health started to go down. I w8ed 2 c if he would die and he did. He actually drowned.
NIGGALICIOUS
I've only had this happen once- I stayed in the car too long. I gotta try it that way
Seeen
Hey, I tried this and you were right. After about 5 minutes of wading, you start taking damage.

My guess is that it's hypothermia setting in though. Staying in cold-ass water for awhile does that.
kAoTiX
i think the whole water/swimming/diving(lack of) thing has turned to shit. The fact that you have to wait 5 mins before you die in water now is terrible. I was flying a helicopter and hit a building which damaged the helicopter, after about 30 seconds of flying out to sea the helicopter set on fire. At which point i bailed into the middle of the sea. I was left to wade for 5 mins before (my perspective) fish ate my legs.

the fact that you cannot dive anymore is a real pain in the rectum, as i found this a handy way to die when in the middle of the sea in SA because who really likes swimming?
Ophis-
QUOTE(kAoTiX @ Jun 30 2008, 09:01 AM) [snapback]1451725[/snapback]
i think the whole water/swimming/diving(lack of) thing has turned to shit. The fact that you have to wait 5 mins before you die in water now is terrible. I was flying a helicopter and hit a building which damaged the helicopter, after about 30 seconds of flying out to sea the helicopter set on fire. At which point i bailed into the middle of the sea. I was left to wade for 5 mins before (my perspective) fish ate my legs.

the fact that you cannot dive anymore is a real pain in the rectum, as i found this a handy way to die when in the middle of the sea in SA because who really likes swimming?

5mins is about right. It would piss you off if you fell from a bridge in a car or jumped to escape gunfire and you couldn't reach the shore in time before dieing.
Mohawk
but they should at least let us commit suicide... lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.