Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: story competition
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
shootthebandit
dunno if this should be in website discussion or here? anyhoo wouldnt it be cool if Psy organised a competition to see who could create the best story for the next GTA, then send it to R*

if he doesnt decide to do it ill just use this thread and have an informal competition. Just use this thread now for anyway.

edit:hasnt really worked as story comp but still some good ideas
Seeen
It should be set in Vice City, present day.

You should be a Cuban or Jamaican or other islander.

Kill "Science of Crime: Vice City" cops instead of "Miami Vice" cops at 3 stars. Maybe the "Bad Boys" movies' cops as well?

Run drugs with kickass boats and fight off the Coast Guard.

There should be over different 200 vehicles,

Planes need to return and you should be able to fly a good distance to find different islands that are far out at sea, apart from the large VC metropolis. Like how Havana, Cuba is in relation to Miami, Florida. It'd be awesome!

Well, its not a story but I like those ideas.
shootthebandit
good ideas seeen. i think havana is a good city for GTA, having been there myself. you could start in Havana as a small~time criminal and anti~communist. u must later flee cuba to VC were u become a major criminal. you can book a ticket 2 havana via the airport(or fly yourself) im trying to avoid the scarface story here. they could include the everglades and gloryhole theme park in VC.

loving the CSI idea. if you kill someone the CSIs show up as well as normal cops.

EDIT: u must ecsape the crimescene unseen or the CSI will alert the normal cops. The ability to hide would be brilliant aswell.
it would be cool if they added a usable golf course as a minigame.
Seeen
Oh man, I LOVE the everglades idea. Fan boats would own!

Being able to dive underwater again would be great. Possibly grab items or wield a knife down there as well?
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Seeen @ Jun 27 2008, 04:42 AM) [snapback]1451008[/snapback]
Oh man, I LOVE the everglades idea. Fan boats would own!

Being able to dive underwater again would be great. Possibly grab items or wield a knife down there as well?

watch out for alligators tongue.gif. i like the grabing items idea. they should upgrade so u can pick up pipes etc and use them as improvised melee weapons. bring back flamethrower in the form of a an improvised aerosol can and a lighter.

i also think u should be able to spend money on more clothes, houses (buying stuff for houses), cars (pimping), and upgrading weapons (like COD4).
Seeen
Yeah! Upgrades would rule. I want to be able to drive a kickass tuned-up Cheetah around to different islands like the Florida Keys.

Being able to make your house all pimped out like in the Scarface game would be cool as well. Having a variety of stores to shop at, for more things than clothes. Buying TVs, furniture, art or vehicles for instance would be a fun way to spend all of that hard-earned drug money.

Shoot, stab, squash Florida-based attorney Jack Thompson look-a-likes!

Have a trippy Bermuda Triangle mission or something.

Side missions like Treasure Diving, Marlin Fishing, Jet Ski Racing, Alligator Hunting.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Seeen @ Jun 28 2008, 12:59 AM) [snapback]1451264[/snapback]
Yeah! Upgrades would rule. I want to be able to drive a kickass tuned-up Cheetah around to different islands like the Florida Keys.

Being able to make your house all pimped out like in the Scarface game would be cool as well. Having a variety of stores to shop at, for more things than clothes. Buying TVs, furniture, art or vehicles for instance would be a fun way to spend all of that hard-earned drug money.

Shoot, stab, squash Florida-based attorney Jack Thompson look-a-likes!

Have a trippy Bermuda Triangle mission or something.

Side missions like Treasure Diving, Marlin Fishing, Jet Ski Racing, Alligator Hunting.

imagine everythin was pimpable, lol. be cool if u could buy a house by the sea and have a whole load of boats on your private dock. jet skis would be fun, loving the idea.

there would have to be some sort of jack thompson mission.

another cool thing would be if u could hire goons and buy them weapons etc. similar to gang system of SA but more refined. the better the goons the more expensive they are to hire. That'd help alot on missions specially if you could position them and if the had good A.I. then chill out with your goons as they earn your respect. take them fan boating or to the gloryhole thempark.

the alligator hunting side mission sounds cool. how bout a local redneck weed farmer pays you to kill the alligators ruining his crop.
Seeen
Haha, weed farmer having alligator troubles? Thats hilarious!

The boat dock idea at some nice house on the bay is great. You've never been able to save boats on any GTA game, that would be a very welcome feature. In the original VC, you owned a freakin boatyard and still couldn't save watercraft.
Deano23
I have quite a good story....
You are an African-American who fled America your mum 20 years ago when you were just 8 years old. You had a hard life, your father was put in prison for murdering a war veteran and abusing you as a child for 20 years. After your fathers imprisonment you ran to London to start a new life. After living in various rental apartments apartments for 19 years with your elderly mother you have now just bought your first house and life is getting better. But now your father is out of prison and is trying to get revenge on you after you took him to court and gave evidence towards his charges. After 20 years in prison he has lost much of his mental health, he has hired gangs all over London to take you and your elderly mother out. Not to mention the 2 gangs he has brought with him from America. As you sink into lowly London crime how can you keep you and your mother out of the mouth of a gun while you are also trying to start up your own accounting business. Only time will tell....

What do u think???
Skinny 
QUOTE(Deano23 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1451758[/snapback]
while you are also trying to start up your own accounting business. Only time will tell....

What do u think???

Accounting business? Someone trying to start an accounting business, wouldn't typicaly kill hundreds of people, steal dozens of cars and hundreds of thousands of dollars. It contradicts itself too much. We need someone like Tommy, a bad ass where you know crime is his life and that he is a ruthless killer and criminal. Not a pussy account who falls into a life of crime. People like that don't commit mass murders and great robberies.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 30 2008, 01:55 PM) [snapback]1451763[/snapback]
QUOTE(Deano23 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1451758[/snapback]
while you are also trying to start up your own accounting business. Only time will tell....

What do u think???

Accounting business? Someone trying to start an accounting business, wouldn't typicaly kill hundreds of people, steal dozens of cars and hundreds of thousands of dollars. It contradicts itself too much. We need someone like Tommy, a bad ass where you know crime is his life and that he is a ruthless killer and criminal. Not a pussy account who falls into a life of crime. People like that don't commit mass murders and great robberies.

very true also the whole father thing sounds a bit far-fetched even for a GTA. good effort though it was at least a bit more original than some other ideas ive heard. Also london is not a good Location.

if you plan to create another idea for the story i recommend you pick the location then work around that. For example London (although i think its a bad location) you start of as a homeless teen (common in London) with a background of muggings and thefts, like most homeless people. you are approached by a man who offers you a job. you later find out hes a gangster and you begin to get involved in a serious crime syndicate. for this story i would recommend a classic Brit-pop sound track (stone roses, oasis, the verve etc) with some east London hip-hop. their would have to be planty of minis driving around and rolls-royce in the west end.

i still prefer me and seeens idea of miami(VC) and cuba. lots of possiblitites as we have proven.

QUOTE(Seeen @ Jun 30 2008, 02:44 AM) [snapback]1451682[/snapback]
Haha, weed farmer having alligator troubles? Thats hilarious!

The boat dock idea at some nice house on the bay is great. You've never been able to save boats on any GTA game, that would be a very welcome feature. In the original VC, you owned a freakin boatyard and still couldn't save watercraft.

lol the weed farmer. that just sprung into my head as i read ur idea bout alligator hunting. first i thought redneck farmer then i thought, its GTA, a redneck weed farmer.

i thought if youve got like a billion dollar$. why not have a mansion with a private dock that stores boats. If they bring back Planes then itd be even cooler if you could buy landing strips and hangars to store planes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.