Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP, XP
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
Severus Snape
Just saw this article. I knew it was coming, but didn't realize this soon. It's a sad day for me as I truly love XP, and love installing it on rigs I build. I am not sure if I am gonna start going with Vista or not....

Rest In Peace...
PabloHoneyOle
The new updates for Vista makes the transition from XP pretty painless.

I'm not a Vista fanboy by anymeans, I have it on a laptop, but still have XP on my desktop. Most of the features are simplified from XP and make more sense.
psychÝ
Exactly there simplified so whenever you want to do anything with it you can't, it is fucking aweful, for example they don't have the run shortcut on the start menu, you have to add it, but they have a load of other crap on it.

There are only 2 things I actually like about vista, Chess Titans and the fact when you go into the file explorer you can click on the little arrows on the address bar to take you to other places.

The rest of it is just shit, it uses up too much RAM and PF doing fuck all, every time you click something it asks you about 5 times, I have fucking clicked it of course I want to do it, and there is general other stuff that is shit and pointless, like word 2007, far less practical and they have just wasted resources making it look pretty which just wastes further space on the screen.
Indy
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 26 2008, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1450829[/snapback]
Exactly there simplified so whenever you want to do anything with it you can't, it is fucking aweful, for example they don't have the run shortcut on the start menu, you have to add it, but they have a load of other crap on it.

There are only 2 things I actually like about vista, Chess Titans and the fact when you go into the file explorer you can click on the little arrows on the address bar to take you to other places.

The rest of it is just shit, it uses up too much RAM and PF doing fuck all, every time you click something it asks you about 5 times, I have fucking clicked it of course I want to do it, and there is general other stuff that is shit and pointless, like word 2007, far less practical and they have just wasted resources making it look pretty which just wastes further space on the screen.

Agreed. Very bad for gaming, whenever i'm trying to play online, it always decides to minimize the window and ask me if i'm sure I want to play online. I could get used to it but the RAM whoring is just fucking gay.
Mekstizzle
It's not R.I.P, Microshaft have said they're supporting it till like 2014 or some ridiculous date.

It's just that they'll stop selling it or something by 2010.

http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=60443

I'd only get Vista if I was buying a new PC. 2GB RAM is a minimum if you want to do anything fun
DiO
Might aswell wait untill the bitter end untill the de-retard vista. If that will ever happen. If not I hope Mac starts making computers more tuned for gaming.
BioSphere
Vista sux... Plain and simple. I had vista on this desktop, and had 2 downgrade to xp. i even had 2 buy a sound card, new modem, and video card, and it was well worth it. I hated vista. The only thing i like about it is it looks cool. But i absolutley hate the way it runs.

Vista - Bullshit.gif

Xp - snf (11).gif

There is absolutley nothing wrong with XP why change to something horrible and buggy.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Slapknuts @ Jun 27 2008, 12:03 AM) [snapback]1450958[/snapback]
It's not R.I.P, Microshaft have said they're supporting it till like 2014 or some ridiculous date.

It's just that they'll stop selling it or something by 2010.

Indeed they are using it on the Eee PC and things like that as for some reason they can't use vista, could never guess why.

Vista is just fucking annoying they have moved stuff around for no reason and that is what pisses me off most, yeah great if you know fuck all about computers you can now get to the thing by clicking on a million shortcuts all with pretty pictures and stupid names in the control panel, but if you know the file root it took like one second yet they decided to move it all so you can't find fuck all and then have it not possible to get too by default.
asthenia
Amen Psycho, I fucking hate the CP. It won't even grab the photos from my camera or miniDV, while XP takes it with no problems.
Sharpie Fetish
well with Bill steping down today it seemed an about time to say goodbye to 2 of the best things from microsoft
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.