Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Game doesn't work[RESOLVED]
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Jesant13
My father and I installed a brand new ATI Radeon Graphics Processor into my Dell Dimension E520 PC. For some reason, the game won't load. The CD is in the drive and I even tested the drive with a DVD to see if it works and it did. If anyone knows how to help me fix this, please do. sad.gif

The issue was resolved. smile.gif
Weasel
Try deleting gta_sa.set (Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files)
Jesant13
Thanks for the help, but I already solved the problem.

My new video card apparently doesn't work if the compatibility mode is enabled. I originally turned it on to fix the problem involving a compatibility problem with the game and Windows Vista (the problem was that the game sometimes froze when you pressed ESC to go to the pause menu, or when you tried resuming the game from the pause menu.)

I did delete the gta_sa.set file just in case though, but I found that turning the compatibility mode fixed the problem. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.