Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have some useful information on the next GTA!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
NOLA88
I think i might have some useful information. in gta3 there was a hint where the next gta was gonna take place, it was at the air port on the road with all the big billboards, one of them says "see you in miami" and the next gta took place in vice city. Well i was doing the same thing today. I was driveing around the airport in gta4 looking at the billboards and one of them says "fly to Los Santos $299". So theres a good chance the next gta in in Los Santos. there were other smaller sighns on walls at the air port saying "vice city $300" and "Las Venturas $200", but the los santos sighn was the only city posted on a bill board!

And every one can rule out Europe because if you log on to any coputer in the game and click the travel button and look around and then click the travel tips button on top of page, R* posts many reasons NOT to travel to Europe! READ IT, its very interesting. Houser was hateing on his home country BIG TIME!
Ophis-
The Europe part you might have a point with, or just something to totally throw me off. HOWEVER, i am willing to lay down a £100 bet that the next one will be a re-make of a city we have already seen, and and extra £50 on it being VC.

The billboard part is a fair reason, to me though it suggests they are going back to all places... doesn't realy suggest which next.
Seeen
I don't care what anyone says, Vice City is the next step. It only makes sense. Keep goin' until we get to the ultimate San Andreas on the PS3
HB~Sauce
Would Rockstar actually re-do every city? I know Vice City would be heavily based on Miami but would also feature the everglades or other landmarks or would it just strictly be Miami, similar to Liberty City being based on just New York. If Rockstar does the latter, then it would leave them room to Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas as stand-alone cities.
neko_ceko
I want Vice City...
JoelManiac
QUOTE(Seeen @ Jun 25 2008, 01:59 PM) [snapback]1450446[/snapback]
I don't care what anyone says, Vice City is the next step. It only makes sense. Keep goin' until we get to the ultimate San Andreas on the PS3

If VC is the next location then SA will be on PS4 and Xbox 720 or what ever.
m-mischief
Seriously guys, you all wrong. GTA alaska. You could steal sleds pulled by dogs and rob igloos.
SanFierro'NAM
i hate to say this but over in the industrial area theres a giant billboard saying vice city...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(SanFierro @ Jun 27 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1451158[/snapback]
i hate to say this but over in the industrial area theres a giant billboard saying vice city...

I hate to say it, but this is all artwork in a videogame. Maybe you're reading too much into it.
1UP
I think they know people go looking for clues an they did it just to take the piss out of it. tongue.gif

That or I noticed there seems to be 3 main citys recognized in the game repeatedly. I think it was Vice city, Los Santos, Las venturas (with sanfiarro having little to none recognition in IV). Sorry if spelled wrong. If its really all that possible, maybe they would do all 3 in 1 game?

Also I could have mixed it up, not something I've payed to much attention to, just seems they put allot of focus on 3 of the past citys. after all they don't have to bring back every city from the state of San Andreas. I find it unlikely they would mainly because...

GTA III
GTA Vice city (No number just city name)
GTA San Andreas (No number, just GTA then state name)

I find it doubtful they would reuse/redo it when they usually put the name of the city after GTA. I suspect something more or entirely different. Now we get to wait 3 years till we get word on the next one. lol

Edit - BTW if they did combine VC, LS, LV, it would give airports a new feature as VC is no where near LS/ LV in there real life counterparts. something GTA series never really did, maybe actually having to fly to each city, instead of them all being connected in some way.
firebird999
the do mention many places... with how much more high-tech game systems are (God knows what the xb720 and ps4 will be like), it wouldn't surprise me if they linked Liberty City, Vice City, and/or San Andreas.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Keep Rollin @ Jun 27 2008, 05:25 PM) [snapback]1451217[/snapback]
I think they know people go looking for clues an they did it just to take the piss out of it. :P

That or I noticed there seems to be 3 main citys recognized in the game repeatedly. I think it was Vice city, Los Santos, Las venturas (with sanfiarro having little to none recognition in IV). Sorry if spelled wrong. If its really all that possible, maybe they would do all 3 in 1 game?

The 3 cities and their real life counterparts you have listed are the following:
Vice City = Miami
Los Santos = Los Angeles
Las Venturas = Vegas

These cities are featured on ingame billboards and such NOT AS CLUES TO THE NEXT GAME, merely references to previous installments. Think about it, when you see a billboard for an airline, it is usually advertising a high profile city, like the ones listed above. Since those 3 cities (VC, LS, and LV) are prominent, high profile cities in the GTA Universe, I'd think they are JUST ARTWORK FOR THE GAME AND NOT A FUCKING CLUE TO THE NEXT GAME YOU SHERLOCK HOLMES WANNABES.

But you could be right... I just REALLY doubt it.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 30 2008, 01:49 PM) [snapback]1451769[/snapback]
I think they know people go looking for clues an they did it just to take the piss out of it. tongue.gif

The 3 cities and their real life counterparts you have listed are the following:
Vice City = Miami
Los Santos = Los Angeles
Las Venturas = Vegas

These cities are featured on ingame billboards and such NOT AS CLUES TO THE NEXT GAME, merely references to previous installments. Think about it, when you see a billboard for an airline, it is usually advertising a high profile city, like the ones listed above. Since those 3 cities (VC, LS, and LV) are prominent, high profile cities in the GTA Universe, I'd think they are JUST ARTWORK FOR THE GAME AND NOT A FUCKING CLUE TO THE NEXT GAME YOU SHERLOCK HOLMES WANNABES.

VC does seem like a popular idea. thats enough edvidence for me. R* is a company who relys on both making money and pleasing consumers (unlike EA thier only interested in first). if an idea is popular itll bring in money and please consumers.
bOnEs
yea but, what would they call the new vice city game? "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 2"???

my guess is the next game will be "Grand Theft Auto: Los Santos"... or "San Fierro"... i just think they will be basing the next game on one of the cities from san andreas... and maybe saving the 3rd installment for an entirely new island... maybe something from the midwest, or maybe like they did with san andreas, basing the 3rd game on an entire state....

i don't think we'll see a las venturas game anytime soon because of that "This is Vegas" game coming out soon... they're basically stealing the city of las venturas for that game... and R* likes to be original anyways...
Skinny†
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 3 2008, 02:00 AM) [snapback]1452238[/snapback]
yea but, what would they call the new vice city game? "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 2"???

What's wrong with that?
Roman
There are a lot of references to Spunk in the game, so I think that is where the next GTA will take place...
shootthebandit
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jul 2 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1452240[/snapback]

not nessesarily it could be called grand theft auto:gripped by the vice (or something along those lines).
bOnEs
...or just "Vice"... i just didn't see R* naming their game, "Vice City 2" since, they seem to leave the numbers for which generation game they are making... III & IV... plus, vice city 2 doesn't roll off the tongue very well...
shootthebandit
it could even be called "vice city" again. i think most people can differentiate between a ps2 box and an XBOX 360/PS3. If you pick up the old GTA:vice city saying "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! thats erm.... cheap for a new game" (with a facial expression like this wacko.gif). i dont really think your cut out to play a complex game. why not try a simpler game like trying to put your circular shape into a triangluar hole.
PabloHoneyOle
FYI: THEY PROBABLY ARE NOT MAKING VICE CITY AGAIN.

And if they were, they probably wouldn't call it the same fucking thing as a game they made years ago.

I don't know what the fuck that kid was talking about with the triangle hole or whatever, but from a marketing standpoint, it would MAKE NO FUCKING SENSE.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 2 2008, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1452273[/snapback]
FYI: THEY PROBABLY ARE NOT MAKING VICE CITY AGAIN.

And if they were, they probably wouldn't call it the same fucking thing as a game they made years ago.

I don't know what the fuck that kid was talking about with the triangle hole or whatever, but from a marketing standpoint, it would MAKE NO FUCKING SENSE.

i was being sarcastic
1UP
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 30 2008, 08:49 AM) [snapback]1451769[/snapback]

Vice City = Miami
Los Santos = Los Angeles
Las Venturas = Vegas

I am well aware its not clues, like I said I think they'd just be messing with people that think theres clues in every game, there were no clues in any past GTA's only coincidence, they had already planned on making III then VC, then SA.

What I was saying is its extremely unlikely they would do any one of the past games again, as the names are already taken (except liberty city), that only leaves a mixture, or a completely new place, and given the feed back on IV its more then likely going to be some place new. Assuming if they were planning to remake a past city/s, I find it probable to be a mix of LS, LV ,VC.

QUOTE(1up)
I find it doubtful they would reuse/redo it when they usually put the name of the city after GTA. I suspect something more or entirely different. Now we get to wait 3 years till we get word on the next one. lol

Check your feelings at the door stoic.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(1UP @ Jul 2 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1452305[/snapback]

Along with my coat and hat. I assure you my feelings are miles away from this website. Just because I use 'FUCK' in my post, doesn't mean I'm really that passionate about it or anything. I just have a foul mouth.

I agree with your last paragraph, the next game will draw elements from past games, but I think Rockstar will have something more innovative and next gen than revisiting a past location.

I do hope the past cities continue to be referenced within the GTA Universe and can even be visited again at some point in next-gen.
1UP
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 3 2008, 07:59 AM) [snapback]1452412[/snapback]
QUOTE(1UP @ Jul 2 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1452305[/snapback]

Along with my coat and hat. I assure you my feelings are miles away from this website. Just because I use 'FUCK' in my post, doesn't mean I'm really that passionate about it or anything. I just have a foul mouth.

I agree with your last paragraph, the next game will draw elements from past games, but I think Rockstar will have something more innovative and next gen than revisiting a past location.

I do hope the past cities continue to be referenced within the GTA Universe and can even be visited again at some point in next-gen.

Yeah I know, I wasn't trying to make it look like I was seeing clues, I was basically making an assumption, if they are to go to any past city/s, it wouldn't be another GTA - Vice city ect, what I was trying to point out is for the GTA world SF doesn't seem to be recognized, also the least likely to ever come back if they were to bring any city's back. Given how R* talked about why they went back to LC (mostly the IGN articles), they never plan to remake any of the other city's, I was just making an assumption on if they did.
Linkin Parkinson's
Grand Theft Auto IV: Vice City
1UP
QUOTE(Linkin Parkinson @ Jul 9 2008, 01:11 AM) [snapback]1453630[/snapback]
Grand Theft Auto IV: Vice City

That would be very unprofessional when the VC from last gen was not Grand Theft Auto III: Vice City. huh.gif
anarchy xyz
now im not a full on detective like most of you guys obviouslty are but it seems to me maybe you should be looking around IV for a mention of a new city or a map that isnt of liberty city or any other places that have been previously featured and im pretty sure i heard someone above me say that why would it be located in VC what are they gonna call it Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Two you gotta remember IV is a remake of the third one so maybe it will just be called GTA V or something

now im not a full on detective like most of you guys obviouslty are but it seems to me maybe you should be looking around IV for a mention of a new city or a map that isnt of liberty city or any other places that have been previously featured and im pretty sure i heard someone above me say that why would it be located in VC what are they gonna call it Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Two you gotta remember IV is a remake of the third one so maybe it will just be called GTA V or something
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(anarchy xyz @ Jul 10 2008, 02:28 AM) [snapback]1453825[/snapback]

This post is like Double Mint gum.
1UP
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 10 2008, 08:09 AM) [snapback]1453859[/snapback]
QUOTE(anarchy xyz @ Jul 10 2008, 02:28 AM) [snapback]1453825[/snapback]

fresh? *feels stupid*

I agree with some of it, he did make a good point. I don't think it would be GTA V only because it seems Rockstar like to do there GTA in chapters now, GTA III consisted of vice city and San Andreas as well as LC of GTA III itself over all (I am not going to count the portable GTA's, no real reason why.lol). Each game tied to the others in some kind of way (fairly loosely how ever). Even if it was just one time, it would seem that GTA IV will have games tied to it when more GTA's come out... Well I would suspect it given they did a complete rework for the title IV, an I think they said something about III being a benchmark as well so it may have its own split off chapters, if that were the case not saying it will be. Just seems likely.

Even tho there is no evidence for anything, I still think theirs more riding against a returning city. As for new ones many places were mentioned threw out GTA IV, a few I think was Cuba, Russia, places in south America (not sure on that one, cant remember the names). There is a strong presence in GTA IV of many real world countries and citys, an the use of ALL past GTA locations. I don't think there would be any real way of knowing where the next ones going to be in GTA IV. I cant see any evidence supporting anything we would say.

Except for one thing but it seemed ridicules, the whole airport pass showing Niko Bellic going to San Andreas. For anyone that don't know what im talking about, just thumb threw any topics I have made I don't make many, its somewhere in general gameplay.

Apologies if this post is badly wrote I am pretty tired.lol

Efit (not a typo) - vvvv Yeah I must be tired I didn't put that together vvvv
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(1UP @ Jul 10 2008, 11:00 AM) [snapback]1453885[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 10 2008, 08:09 AM) [snapback]1453859[/snapback]

fresh? *feels stupid*

He just wrote the same thing twice. Or copy and pasted it. Either way, double the pleasure, double the fun.
GMT
I doubt the next location would be Los Santos.
Because, taken that LS was based on LA, it probably would be once more an LA replica to some extend.

But R* already works on an LA replica atm, Midnight Club.

I somehow doubt they do the same city twice in 2 different games... imho
1UP
QUOTE(GMT @ Jul 11 2008, 03:56 AM) [snapback]1454012[/snapback]
I doubt the next location would be Los Santos.
Because, taken that LS was based on LA, it probably would be once more an LA replica to some extend.

But R* already works on an LA replica atm, Midnight Club.

I somehow doubt they do the same city twice in 2 different games... imho

Same, Thats why I found it so ridicules to be a hint, but at the same time im asking myself why the fuck is he going there. Pisses me off in a way.lol
neko_ceko
Next GTA is possibly Vice City, but may be San Andreas as well. 60% Vice City, 40% San Andreas.
I think that because they always made GTA in this order: Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas. First GTA had those 3 city's, and they were unlocked in that order (lc, vc, sa) Since then (if you don't count GTA 2 and side gtas (GTA advance and londons) they always made GTA's in that order. GTA III (Liberty City), GTA Vice City (Vice City) GTA San Andreas (San Andreas). Then they made GTA Liberty City Stories (Liberty City), GTA Vice City Stories (Vice City), and instead of making another GTA set in San Andreas, they made GTA IV, which is in Liberty City. I think it will be Vice City because of LC - VC - SA order, but maybe San Andreas because they skipped it once.
1UP
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Jul 11 2008, 12:13 PM) [snapback]1454126[/snapback]
Next GTA is possibly Vice City, but may be San Andreas as well. 60% Vice City, 40% San Andreas.
I think that because they always made GTA in this order: Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas. First GTA had those 3 city's, and they were unlocked in that order (lc, vc, sa) Since then (if you don't count GTA 2 and side gtas (GTA advance and londons) they always made GTA's in that order. GTA III (Liberty City), GTA Vice City (Vice City) GTA San Andreas (San Andreas). Then they made GTA Liberty City Stories (Liberty City), GTA Vice City Stories (Vice City), and instead of making another GTA set in San Andreas, they made GTA IV, which is in Liberty City. I think it will be Vice City because of LC - VC - SA order, but maybe San Andreas because they skipped it once.

Yes, I remember Psy pointing this out when they came out with Vice city, but I'd say things seem different this time around, I mean it seems to obvious if there going to repeat that pattern again (talking about how much SA and VC are mentioned in IV). I mean its something that just seems to ridicules if they go back to it this time. I myself know if the next one is VC or SA, id question Rockstars development team, its like when an idea is used to much tbh. I think it would just feel like a big turn off to see VC an SA back (This gen i mean, they need someplace new by now). Some people were very unhappy to see LC come back, tho to me they seem to have very good reasons for using LC again.
neko_ceko
I didn't thought about it that way. But you are probably right.
GLC
QUOTE(m-mischief @ Jun 25 2008, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1450627[/snapback]
Seriously guys, you all wrong. GTA alaska. You could steal sleds pulled by dogs and rob igloos.

this guys got the right idea ^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.