Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: potential plot/location for 5
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
shootthebandit
i was thinking it could be set in Moscow. carrying on from were IV left off Niko travells to moscow as he is threatened by dimitri's associates and must go their to deal with the problem.

Or you play as [spoiler]Romans son[/spoiler] and do missions for [spoiler]uncle niko[/spoiler]
Skinny 
The second one obviously won't work, becuase of Roman's ability to be [spoiler]killed during the game[/spoiler].
Misainzig
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 24 2008, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1450160[/snapback]
The second one obviously won't work, becuase of Roman's ability to be [spoiler]killed during the game[/spoiler].

And why wouldn't it work? In either ending, [spoiler]you learn that Mallorie is pregnant with Roman's kid.[/spoiler]
Skinny 
QUOTE(Misainzig @ Jun 24 2008, 06:34 PM) [snapback]1450186[/snapback]
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 24 2008, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1450160[/snapback]

And why wouldn't it work? In either ending, [spoiler]you learn that Mallorie is pregnant with Roman's kid.[/spoiler]

Really? I never knew that.
Ophis-
If this is what R* is thinking about the next GTA, it certainly will not be GTAV. More like GTA:LOCATION. Plus, if they change the location how will this tie in with where Niko currently lives?
JoelManiac
If IV was set say in the early 90s or late 80s they[spoiler] could have the character as Romans son.[/spoiler] That would be pretty cool.
Ophis-
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 24 2008, 12:31 PM) [snapback]1450231[/snapback]
If IV was set say in the early 90s or late 80s they[spoiler] could have the character as Romans son.[/spoiler] That would be pretty cool.

Shame its set in 2007/2008 then hey?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 24 2008, 07:31 AM) [snapback]1450231[/snapback]

Yeah, Roman's son could invent a time machine and travel back in time. Maybe his name will be Marty McFly.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 24 2008, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1450274[/snapback]

Yeah, Roman's son could invent a time machine and travel back in time. Maybe his name will be Marty McFly.

wen he says set in 80s or 90s wouldnt that make romans son older than roman. NOT POSSIBLE.

i was suggesting the not to distant future to play romans son. nothing sifi or anything like that.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jun 24 2008, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1450322[/snapback]

wen he says set in 80s or 90s wouldnt that make romans son older than roman. NOT POSSIBLE.

i was suggesting the not to distant future to play romans son. nothing sifi or anything like that.

Thank you for the clarification, Captain Obvious.

By the way, I was being sarcastic about the time machine. I realized that GTAIV is set in present day and that it would infact be impossible for Roman's son, who has not yet been born to be the protagonist of a game taking place 10-20 years before he was born.

The reference to Marty McFly is from the movie "Back to the Future" in which Michael J. Fox plays a character named Marty McFly who travels back in time and interacts with his parents when they were his age. It would make a terrible premise for a video game...

...But not as terrible as playing as Roman's son. The game would have to be set in atleast 2026 for him to atleast be 18 years old. If Rockstar made that the premise for GTA5, it would be considered Sci-Fi (or sifi, as you put it) and would negate your entire argument.

Fine Gentleman.
HB~Sauce
I don't know if Rockstar would want main character tie-ins to previous protagonists in new installments. Its one thing to have a name mentioned or a cameo appearance but to play as [spoiler]Roman's son[/spoiler] or have the same lead character in a different location, I don't think it will fly.
shootthebandit
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 24 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]1450332[/snapback]

By the way, I was being sarcastic about the time machine. I realized that GTAIV is set in present day and that it would infact be impossible for Roman's son, who has not yet been born to be the protagonist of a game taking place 10-20 years before he was born.

The reference to Marty McFly is from the movie "Back to the Future" in which Michael J. Fox plays a character named Marty McFly who travels back in time and interacts with his parents when they were his age. It would make a terrible premise for a video game...

...But not as terrible as playing as Roman's son. The game would have to be set in atleast 2026 for him to atleast be 18 years old. If Rockstar made that the premise for GTA5, it would be considered Sci-Fi (or sifi, as you put it) and would negate your entire argument.

Fine Gentleman.

when you put it like that it does sound stupid. but i think the concept of romans son is good (in theory). if u have any ideas for plot/location, go ahead. This thread is not just for my ideas. Im sure ur ideas are better stoic.
PabloHoneyOle
I really don't see the need in all the speculation. I'm still pretty involved with IV, tearing up some multiplayer, and now that I've beaten the storyline, I've gone back to playing some other games I've neglected the past two months.

I'm really looking forward to the DLC, I'm sure it will be a great addition to the game and add (hopefully) many new hours of play time.

As far as GTAV? I have no clue. There's been speculation about going back to Vice City/San Andreas, but there's also the opportunity for R* to take GTA in a totally different direction. International? I don't know. People can argue the value of any city/country/planet as a GTA setting they would like to see. The bottom line will be the appeal to gamers that they will want to play (and buy!).

The city/state/locale chosen for the game will hopefully be centered around the plot of the game. While the new Liberty City has been the greatest free roam environment to date, I think the next GTA will have the same (or better) quality "living, breathing city" and a plot that is more grounded in the locale. The character and plot will fit hand in hand with the city choice. Where it will be, I have no clue.

I could speculate, but speculation is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but gets you nowhere.

No one will know where GTA5 is set until R* drops the press release with the announcement. Even then, fanboys who have been spouting off about their favorite cities and their derilect plotlines for months/years are bound to be pissed off.

I'll take whatever R* creates, they haven't let me down yet.
shootthebandit
Nice words. love the rocking chair analogy.
I too have also just finished story and im messing with MP.
i love speculation. R* may actually read these forums and use our ideas.(i doubt it though) unless the idea is really popular

id love to see Havana as the next city. Having visited there on holiday, i would reconise the interesting locations (which there are alot of). there is also alot of jokes involved with Cuba and America. the police/military are also very tough and oh yeah all the cool cars. Its also known for drug barons/crime etc.
Ophis-
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 24 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]1450355[/snapback]
I could speculate, but speculation is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but gets you nowhere.

That there sentance should be enough to lock all new threads on the next GTA 'ideas' and throw them all in the one!
JoelManiac
Sorry guys i meant if IV was set in the 80s or 90s then Romans son would be around 20 if V was set in present.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 25 2008, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1450501[/snapback]
Sorry guys i meant if IV was set in the 80s or 90s then Romans son would be around 20 if V was set in present.

IF? IF? IF it was set in the 80's or 90's? Have you played GTAIV? It's CLEARLY PRESENT DAY... 2008.
Linkin Parkinson's
Don't mean to flame but it has to be said, this is a stupid ass idea and I'm glad you don't work for Rockstar Games because you would definitely be the death of the franchise.

Why the fuck would he go to Moscow? To deal with Dimitri's associates who threaten him? They are in fucking Moscow and Niko is in LC, if they have a problem they can come to LC and let Niko deal with him... you're just looking for an excuse to take it out of America and this is a bad excuse do to the fact the storyline of the game revolves around Niko (as protagonist AGAIN) dealing with the fucking goons of the antagonist of the last game, this shit sounds like it is DLC mission status as you kill hundreds of Dimtri's associates in the storyline already, a few more are no threat.

How the fuck is [spoiler]Roman's daughter named Kate[/spoiler] going to be the fucking protagonist of the next GTA? There's so much wrong with this idea you should slap yourself. I took the revenge ending and [spoiler]it's a girl[/spoiler]. The next GTA would have to either come out in like 2030 or it would have to be set in the future which would be fucking idiotic because as far as we know, [spoiler]the baby is nowhere close to being born, 9 months after the game's ending though she is born[/spoiler]. Not to mention, going back to the first post if Niko is the protagonist of the next GTA... [spoiler]Roman's offspring[/spoiler] will play a heavy part in the storyline... I mean hell, Roman almost got killed because of Niko a bunch of fucking times, I wouldn't be surprised if Niko gave up his life of crime because Dimitri, Bulgarin, and others fucked Niko up pretty bad... just imagine if he had a [spoiler]niece[/spoiler] to protect, that bitch would be dead fucking quick just to piss Niko off...

please just shut the fuck up and let R* make the next GTA. I don't think it will be GTA 5 either.
Misainzig
QUOTE(Linkin Parkinson @ Jun 25 2008, 08:09 AM) [snapback]1450537[/snapback]
Don't mean to flame but it has to be said, this is a stupid ass idea and I'm glad you don't work for Rockstar Games because you would definitely be the death of the franchise.

Why the fuck would he go to Moscow? To deal with Dimitri's associates who threaten him? They are in fucking Moscow and Niko is in LC, if they have a problem they can come to LC and let Niko deal with him... you're just looking for an excuse to take it out of America and this is a bad excuse do to the fact the storyline of the game revolves around Niko (as protagonist AGAIN) dealing with the fucking goons of the antagonist of the last game, this shit sounds like it is DLC mission status as you kill hundreds of Dimtri's associates in the storyline already, a few more are no threat.

How the fuck is [spoiler]Roman's daughter named Kate[/spoiler] going to be the fucking protagonist of the next GTA? There's so much wrong with this idea you should slap yourself. I took the revenge ending and [spoiler]it's a girl[/spoiler]. The next GTA would have to either come out in like 2030 or it would have to be set in the future which would be fucking idiotic because as far as we know, [spoiler]the baby is nowhere close to being born, 9 months after the game's ending though she is born[/spoiler]. Not to mention, going back to the first post if Niko is the protagonist of the next GTA... [spoiler]Roman's offspring[/spoiler] will play a heavy part in the storyline... I mean hell, Roman almost got killed because of Niko a bunch of fucking times, I wouldn't be surprised if Niko gave up his life of crime because Dimitri, Bulgarin, and others fucked Niko up pretty bad... just imagine if he had a [spoiler]niece[/spoiler] to protect, that bitch would be dead fucking quick just to piss Niko off...

please just shut the fuck up and let R* make the next GTA. I don't think it will be GTA 5 either.

[spoiler]We don't know it's a girl. Roman said IF it was a girl, they would name it Kate. That doesn't make it a girl.[/spoiler]

But yeah, I pretty much agree with the rest of the stuff you said.
JoelManiac
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 25 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]1450528[/snapback]
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 25 2008, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1450501[/snapback]

IF? IF? IF it was set in the 80's or 90's? Have you played GTAIV? It's CLEARLY PRESENT DAY... 2008.

No shit idiot.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 25 2008, 08:01 PM) [snapback]1450661[/snapback]
No shit idiot.

Well, since you were being being so conditional about the the time setting of GTAIV.

And you're calling me an idiot?
Skinny 
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 25 2008, 04:25 AM) [snapback]1450332[/snapback]
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jun 24 2008, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1450322[/snapback]

Fine Gentleman.

Owned.

I agree, this is a stupid idea.

All, in all, this is the best thread I have ever seen.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Jun 23 2008, 07:23 PM) [snapback]1449990[/snapback]
i was thinking it could be set in Moscow. carrying on from were IV left off Niko travells to moscow as he is threatened by dimitri's associates and must go their to deal with the problem.

Or you play as [spoiler]Romans son[/spoiler] and do missions for [spoiler]uncle niko[/spoiler]

And Niko isn't russian anyway, he's serbian, it wouldn't be any fun if he went to Russia since it isn't his home country.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.