Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Fast And The Furious 4
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
NIGGALICIOUS
Awesome video of 1970 Chevelle doing a wheelie in the new movie!
http://www.spike.com/video/fast-furious-4-spy/2974375

A fourth installment has been decided for The Fast and the Furious movie series. The film, currently in production, should be released in 2009. Vin Diesel, Paul Waker Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster are reprising the roles they had in the first opus of Fast and Furious.

Fast and Furious 4 isn't a sequel to Tokyo Drift: actually it is a sequel to 2 Fast and 2 Furious, the second movie, and so is a prequel to Tokyo Drift.

The plot:
"Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) has been killed working for drug baron Antonio Braga. Brian (Paul Walker), fresh from an undercover stint in prison, is out to catch the man responsible, and so is Dominic (Vin Diesel). Brian and Dominic go undercover as members of Braga's drug transportation team in a plan to catch the man red-handed."
PabloHoneyOle
Whoever greenlighted this movie should be shot.
NIGGALICIOUS
I'm very suprised that on a Grand Theft Auto forum, that nobody is interested in a movie about cars... I'll admit the movies aren't nowhere near great, and they're full of some shitty ass imports and cheasy ass CGI effects, but some reason I enjoy them. Black 1970 Dodge Charger FTW!!!

PabloHoneyOle
The first one was... passable.

Anyone who's ever been into racing cars knows that nothing happens like in the F'n'F movies. They are all overexaggerated and made to market to a 15 year old who hasn't yet gotten their driver's license.

The second one was terrible and Tokyo Drift was downright unwatchable, even when I was very stoned.
NIGGALICIOUS
I thought it was great in 2Fast 2 Furious when the orange Hemi Challenger left Tyrese and his spider in the dust lol. That Yenko Camaro was the shit too biggrin.gif

imo the Greatest cars from each movie

The Fast And The Furious :

1970 Dodge Charger
Toyota Supra

2Fast 2Furious :

1970 Hemi Dodge Challenger
1969 Yenko 427 Nova
Nissan Skyline
Toyota Supra

Tokyo Drift :

1970 Monte Carlo 632 cubic inch V8, 900 Horsepower drool.gif
Dodge Viper
Nissan 350z
1968 Mustang
asthenia
Oh jees. Hey I think I'll pass on this one. rolleyes.gif
Kamahl
QUOTE(Jackin @ Jun 26 2008, 10:39 AM) [snapback]1450861[/snapback]
I'm very suprised that on a Grand Theft Auto forum, that nobody is interested in a movie about cars... I'll admit the movies aren't nowhere near great, and they're full of some shitty ass imports and cheasy ass CGI effects, but some reason I enjoy them. Black 1970 Dodge Charger FTW!!!

I'm with you here, i'll watch this one as well simply because i enjoy the movies and i like the action with the cars and all that crap... It's a movie, it isnt supposed to be exactly like real life

Pieface
I liked the first two alot, the third was meh. Hopefully this will be better and not about some annoying teen whos got the mafia on his ass and has to drift his way for safety.
DiO
The first pretty good. The second was too cheesey. And with a name like Tokyo drift I didn't bother seeing it. Actually I just seen the second on TV so I didnt bother renting that either.

Even though the first was not bad, I think he should stick to being Riddick.
Hardcore Ottoman
I've always like Mark. Strays is the first movie he starred in (and directed/produced/edited) and the sublime feeling of the pace of that movie seemed to have been present in The Fast and the Furious, or at least the feeling of brotherhood among the characters. That is what was is missing from the sequels... but maybe this one will be co-produced by Mark as well and retain that perspective I loved about the original and his first movie. Maybe it will have some depth unlike many of Mark's later movies.

I personally want to see Babylon A.D. more than this movie at the moment.
DonkeyTits
The movies are some of the cheesiest around, but I'll admit that I love watching them. The first and Tokyo Drift are the best. Tokyo Drift was a lot better than I had predicted. I am a big car fan so I'm sure that helps.

People don't realize that the first movie started a damn revolution. After that movie came out you could see half-assed rice rockets down every street; not quite the case before the movie came out.
NIGGALICIOUS
I see ricers and beat up muscle cars everywhere since the movie came out. lol
Dr. Evil
I just noticed this. Like Donkey, I'll admit I'm a closet fan of the movies. Being that I used to street race I can tell you that the cars don't even come close to looking like that. They usually look like they were built in the persons garage that are driving them. One thing I can't stand is when movies jump around. For one thing how can Paul Walker be fresh off an undercover stint in prison when he wasn't a cop anymore in the beginning of the second movie? They should come up with a fresh idea...if they can. Pick it up from the ending of Tokyo Drift.
NIGGALICIOUS
900 Horsepower Monte Carlo in Tokyo Drift PWNS ALL. My cousin has a 600 Horsepower Chevy Chevette. Has a 71 Chevelle SS 454 in it. biggrin.gif It looks like shit though. But thats the point. lmao
Skinny†
This is just what we need, more of this crap. rolleyes.gif

The first one wasn't as bad as the other ones, even mildly entertaining, if you're baked, but then it just killed what was only twitching.
Hardcore Ottoman
Quit being so sure of your own opinion. It hardly develops credibility when you criticize and debase the movie so haughtily. I'm referring to the original movie of course. I thought it had more drama in it than all of the rest.
psychÝ
The only reason they are making it a prequel is so they can deny Tokyo Drift even existed, that was one of the worst films I have even seen.
Hardcore Ottoman
Not the worst, but I really cannot remember much of it except for Dom right at the end.
NIGGALICIOUS
It has Han from Tokyo Drift in it. Tokyo drift wasn't a bad movie. It had a kick ass opening scene with a great race with 2 great cars. Monte Carlo Vs Viper. Also the end was great with Dom in his 1970 Plymouth GTX = Bad Ass, I bet Sean got SPANKED!!! Too bad we didnt see it... sad.gif
JustGetAnApp
The first pretty good.
Pieface
Oh, so its goes to the part where Dom goes "I knew a guy called Han"

Thats just Crap, I bet theres gonna be another shit storyline like Tokyo Drift.
Hardcore Ottoman
How about you just watch it and then rate it. I have a feeling it might be different anyway.
DonkeyTits
This isn't the type of movie I would rate on cinematics or storyline, such as Shawshank or maybe a Bond film... I rate them by how entertaining they are. These movies are entertaining for the most part . .
Pieface
Oh don't get me wrong, I liked the first two alot, but the last one wasn't entertaining much and had the stupidest storyline that sometimes it just made you cringe.
Harrop
The first one was good, the second was alright and that's just because of the Skyline at the beginning, the third was just absolutely wank and should never have even been made.

Oh and by the way the new one's just called Fast and Furious.
DiO
QUOTE(DonkeyTits @ Aug 1 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]1457168[/snapback]
Shawshank

That movie was fucking fantastic.

So they have a sweet car doin' a wheelie. Id rathar watch that behind the scene than the actual movie. Id sooner just look on youtube for some real footage.
DonkeyTits
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013752/

There's pictures . .
flippy1008
This movie sounds quite like The Wheelman....
GMT
I wonder how everyone rants about how stupid the storyline is. if you go and rate every movie by its storyline, you'll still be ranting in a thousand years, cuz movies with a mindblowingly awesome storyline are like... a one in a million chance. apart form that, you don't need no movie when you only care about the storyline, a book does it aswell.
also, if I take a look at the movie hall-of-fame, I don't find many movies with a kickass storyline, so it seems like there's more to a movie than how perfect the story is... huh2.gif
Pieface
QUOTE(GMT @ Aug 9 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1458566[/snapback]
I wonder how everyone rants about how stupid the storyline is. if you go and rate every movie by its storyline, you'll still be ranting in a thousand years, cuz movies with a mindblowingly awesome storyline are like... a one in a million chance. apart form that, you don't need no movie when you only care about the storyline, a book does it aswell.
also, if I take a look at the movie hall-of-fame, I don't find many movies with a kickass storyline, so it seems like there's more to a movie than how perfect the story is... :huh2:

Star Wars and Indiana Jones for 1 had an amazing story for the movie.
aussie_b8ler
/\/\/\

i hope you are talking about the original trilogy in both cases.
DiO
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 9 2008, 05:24 PM) [snapback]1458569[/snapback]
QUOTE(GMT @ Aug 9 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1458566[/snapback]
also, if I take a look at the movie hall-of-fame, I don't find many movies with a kickass storyline, so it seems like there's more to a movie than how perfect the story is... :huh2:

Star Wars and Indiana Jones for 1 had an amazing story for the movie.

Yah, TBH most of the fameous and award winning movies did have a good story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.