Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cops in pedestrian vehicles, odd behavior
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
Verdanice
A while ago, just while messing around, I came across a cruiser at a gas station - parked like cars do. As I pulled up, a pedestrian exited the vehicle and stood outside it. That was a little bit strange.

Today, though, I was in a dock-ish area when a guard started to shoot at me from behind a fence. I drove around the fence, and just as I was about to take him out, a cab pulled up behind me (this is not on a road at this point). I scraped up against it, got a star, and out comes a police officer. I believe I managed to get a star or two at this point, but the situation continued as two more cops pulled up in a sedan (the old Maxima look-alike) and opened fire. During the firefight (things were getting a little bit hectic), I noticed an FIB agent somewhere in the action (limping around, apparently somebody got in the way of my bullets). At that point I cleaned things up and drove out of the area, but it was an odd series of events.

Anybody experience things like this?

This may have been discussed before, forgive me, you must admit the possible search terms for this are a little bit obscure.
JoelManiac
I have never seen that but i have seen cops stealing normal cars after evading a wanted level.
Verdanice
Whoa, hang on, another instance - I just got two stars for whatever reason, and as I drove away from the scene, I saw an FIB agent break into a pickup (smashed the window and hopped in, just as Niko would). He then gave chase in the pickup. Am I the only one just noticing this? Also, why was there an FIB agent around when I'd just attained two stars (and hadn't been wanted at all recently to warrant them being in the area)?
Jesseeast
Hmm, that is very strange...
ikkarus07
if a cop doesnt have a car he will take any stationary vehicle from the area to chase you, ive been chased by 4 cops in that minivan taxi tongue.gif
TrIgGeR HaPpY
QUOTE(ikkarus07 @ Jun 22 2008, 07:49 AM) [snapback]1449714[/snapback]
if a cop doesnt have a car he will take any stationary vehicle from the area to chase you, ive been chased by 4 cops in that minivan taxi tongue.gif

This is true, i happens in my game too, if you steal the police car, or destroy it, then they will break into any car nearby to chase you.
GLC
QUOTE(TrIgGeR HaPpY @ Jun 22 2008, 11:01 AM) [snapback]1449717[/snapback]

This is true, i happens in my game too, if you steal the police car, or destroy it, then they will break into any car nearby to chase you.

i hate this new featue..i was messing around at my bohan safehouse and got 3 stars.i jacked a passing car and attemped to start a chase but when i looked behind i saw some cops getting in my 2 infernus ohmy.gif
Ophis-
Try runnnig away from the police at star junction... I ended up getting smashed up in my car and pinned between a wall by two police driving buses!! I died by the 'pop out of no where' copper and his shoutgun.
Dlight
Yeah I have seen this happen a couple of times. The funniest is when they steal a motorbike, it looks funny seeing a cop/FIB agent riding a Sanchez. thumbup.gif

Also, if there are no stationary vehicles, the cops will carjack people in the street, the same way Niko does, with the punch to the face, and then tossing them out. Pretty cool to see!
Dr. Evil
This finally happened to me today. I was driving around Star Junction in my Infernus so I decided to start some trouble. I got out and started firing my RPG at random cars. A cop car came up and I blew that up. I jumped back in my car and looked back and the cops were jacking some guys Super GT at the intersection. That was one kick ass chase though thumbup.gif
BioSphere
QUOTE(ikkarus07 @ Jun 22 2008, 04:49 AM) [snapback]1449714[/snapback]

Tiz called commindering a vehicle.
Skinny 
This has never happened to me. I will try it, shortly.
firebird999
i saw what happens. foot patrol units can borrow parked cars apparently. i saw one get into a cavalcade.
fantom2k
Standing outside my Bohan Safehouse, listening to the 'crazy' preacher across the street... Cop walks up to one of my cars, huh.gif hops in and just drives away...! ohmy.gif He was not chasing anyone that I could see and even stopped at the light at end of the steet... I tried to jack my car back from him, but by the time I got over the shock I was too late... mad.gif WTF!

L8r F2k
Mr. Bellic
i got in a stir up with the cops and did the drop wanted level code. he then grabbed one of my cars and drove off on it scooter.gif
SlickCriminal92
yeah i saw this too. i was fighting with a cop but my wanted level dissapperaed out of nowhere for some odd reason. then the cop jacked a car and sped away lol!!

QUOTE(edgaras @ Jun 22 2008, 12:53 PM) [snapback]1449749[/snapback]
QUOTE(TrIgGeR HaPpY @ Jun 22 2008, 11:01 AM) [snapback]1449717[/snapback]

i hate this new featue..i was messing around at my bohan safehouse and got 3 stars.i jacked a passing car and attemped to start a chase but when i looked behind i saw some cops getting in my 2 infernus ohmy.gif

holy shit are you serious? they were both parked outside of your safehouse? i didnt know they could jack your own cars. that sucks lol, expensive cars.
bOnEs
i love this... i've seen cops do it to chase NPC's that are running away... it's usually the fat cops that need a vehicle when chasing NPC's i've noticed... sometimes though, the fat ones just give up, lol... i love it when they do...

"don't make me chase you!!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.