Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A swimsuit?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
smartian
Did I really see someone wearing a pair of speedos the other day when i was online?...

I'v read that a few people are doing missions to gain money and find new clothes, is this what that guy did?...get lots of money in order to dress up in a swimsuit?...or is this something you have to unlock?

I'd love to know more...if anyone knows?...

is it even possible to unlock stuff online?...
Linkin Parkinson's
It's a zombie outfit you get when you kill a rockstar developer.
bOnEs
...or when you kill a level 10 person too, i think... i got a zombie outfit and i could of sworn it was because i killed someone ranked 10... and i am on the PS3 so, i wouldn't know if it was or not since, there's no achievement that would tell me otherwise...
Ejay1000
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 20 2008, 03:48 PM) [snapback]1449352[/snapback]
Did I really see someone wearing a pair of speedos the other day when i was online?...

I'v read that a few people are doing missions to gain money and find new clothes, is this what that guy did?...get lots of money in order to dress up in a swimsuit?...or is this something you have to unlock?

When you play ranked games( Death Match and the like) you earn money for each person kill or mission you complete.This goes towards your ranking( thats what those stars with the numbers you see in the lobby are). When your ranking increases you unlock new clothing cammo pants, helmets, etc and yes if you play long enough and risk repetitive strain injury you will get apair of speedos (Not to be confused with zombie skin(I think)).Sad, but true LOL! Zombie skin and speedos always generats confusion as it depends on whether your on Xbox or PS3 Im sure some one will put me right on the finer points( I got zombie skin at rank 2 and throught nothing of it)
bOnEs
QUOTE(Ejay1000 @ Jun 20 2008, 12:03 PM) [snapback]1449367[/snapback]
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 20 2008, 03:48 PM) [snapback]1449352[/snapback]

When you play ranked games( Death Match and the like) you earn money for each person kill or mission you complete.This goes towards your ranking( thats what those stars with the numbers you see in the lobby are). When your ranking increases you unlock new clothing. Cammo pants helmets etc and yes if you play long enough and risk repetitive strain injury you will get apair of speedos (Not to be confused with zombie skin(I think)).Sad, but true LOL!

actually your right... there is a speedo outfit... i remember reading somewhere that people who get the rank of 10 unlock a speedo outfit... not to be confused with the zombie speedo... this one i think is just a pants option to be combined with tops, heads, hats and glasses... whereas the zombie outfit is what it is... you can only add a hat and glasses but, have to keep the zombie face...

anyone here ranked 10 to confirm this? i know nirvanafrik is ranked 8 i think... that's the highest i've seen so far...
Harrop
You get it when you kill anyone who has got the Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie achievement, it does not have to be developer.
ViceMan
The zombie outfit is available from the get-go on the PS3 version, well, I had it at rank 1 for certain. I don't know why everyone insists on using it, it looks crap and doesn't help you blend in to your surroundings when you're trying to sneak up on someone.
Ejay1000
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jun 20 2008, 05:49 PM) [snapback]1449383[/snapback]
The zombie outfit is available from the get-go on the PS3 version, well, I had it at rank 1 for certain. I don't know why everyone insists on using it, it looks crap and doesn't help you blend in to your surroundings when you're trying to sneak up on someone.

People who use it tend to be the lunatic running down the middle of the road with a rocket launcher in their hand . Their not to big on "blending in" LOL.
ViceMan
QUOTE(Ejay1000 @ Jun 20 2008, 07:03 PM) [snapback]1449396[/snapback]

People who use it tend to be the lunatic running down the middle of the road with a rocket launcher in their hand . Their not to big on "blending in" LOL.

Too true, I can't fault your logic on that one, I don't know if people think they're more leet if they use the skin, but it certainly doesn't seem that way.
bOnEs
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jun 20 2008, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1449400[/snapback]

Too true, I can't fault your logic on that one, I don't know if people think they're more leet if they use the skin, but it certainly doesn't seem that way.

one of my buddies says that when your running around in a zombie outfit, people tend to stay away from you... so, instead of being chased, you become the chaser... but, not all do this, he just noticed that there are ones out there scared of the zombie suit... fearing they ARE playing against someone really good... but, in a month or so, everyone is gonna have one so, it won't be such a big deal...

it works a bit to your advantage in deathmatch though...
ViceMan
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 20 2008, 08:08 PM) [snapback]1449407[/snapback]
One of my buddies says that when your running around in a zombie outfit, people tend to stay away from you... It works a bit to your advantage in deathmatch though...

Not really, it doesn't render you immune to an M4 round to the head. I don't stay away from people in the zombie suits, I just target whoever's in range. What skin they're using is of no concern to me.
bOnEs
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jun 20 2008, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1449409[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 20 2008, 08:08 PM) [snapback]1449407[/snapback]
One of my buddies says that when your running around in a zombie outfit, people tend to stay away from you... It works a bit to your advantage in deathmatch though...

Not really, it doesn't render you immune to an M4 round to the head. I don't stay away from people in the zombie suits, I just target whoever's in range. What skin they're using is of no concern to me.

well, i am not saying it gives you a boost... i am saying there are people out there that are a bit scared of the zombies... sure, your not worried about a zombie guy but, there's usually about 2 people in a match that tend to he said... try it out and see if you end up chasing someone biggrin.gif...
Linkin Parkinson's
If you kill a rockstar developer.... odds are you are good... and if someone kills someone that killed a rockstar developer, odds are they are good too.

If you kill someone with the achievement and you suck ass, somebody got lucky.
Harrop

Lol
smartian
QUOTE(Harrop @ Jun 20 2008, 05:11 PM) [snapback]1449375[/snapback]
You get it when you kill anyone who has got the Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie achievement, it does not have to be developer.

how does that work?...how do you know if they've got that acheivement?...

is it just luck that you find someone and kill that person?...

the thing i hate is when playing freeroam...within seconds, people start attacking and i only wana wonder round for abit...lol
Ophis-
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 22 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]1449728[/snapback]
QUOTE(Harrop @ Jun 20 2008, 05:11 PM) [snapback]1449375[/snapback]

how does that work?...how do you know if they've got that acheivement?...

is it just luck that you find someone and kill that person?...

the thing i hate is when playing freeroam...within seconds, people start attacking and i only wana wonder round for abit...lol

If you play the PS3 version, this doesnt matter to you anyways. And we (as XBL players) know when we get it because after we kill someone the little thing pops up saying we have received an award.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.