Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Save the planet! Turn off the engine!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
Dlight
Maybe you already know this, I didn't until 5 minutes ago.

If you hold triangle as you get out of a car, Niko turns the engine off, along with the lights, and this sets the car alarm as well. (If the car has one)
bOnEs
i always wondered why, when i would get back in my car that, sometimes it would be turned off even though i was only away for 30 seconds... and sometimes i would literally be all over the place, come back, and the car is still running... makes a ton of sense to me...

i thought it was just random...
Dlight
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 11 2008, 06:35 PM) [snapback]1447162[/snapback]
i always wondered why, when i would get back in my car that, sometimes it would be turned off even though i was only away for 30 seconds... and sometimes i would literally be all over the place, come back, and the car is still running... makes a ton of sense to me...

i thought it was just random...

Yeah me too, once I took another car and crashed into my old car, and the alarm went off, I was wondering then as well.
CutThatCity
Nice find, I didn't know that. And welcome to the forums.
Dlight
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ Jun 11 2008, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1447165[/snapback]
welcome to the forums.

Thanks very much smile.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(Dlight @ Jun 11 2008, 10:42 AM) [snapback]1447146[/snapback]
Maybe you already know this, I didn't until 5 minutes ago.

If you hold triangle as you get out of a car, Niko turns the engine off, along with the lights,
and this sets the car alarm as well. (If the car has one)

I usually like a vehicle to be left running, for a quick escape.

However this is a very cool find man, never heard of this. cool.gif
Davidgtza2
I just tried it and nothing happened, niko just gets out and the lights get turned off by themselves, and yes, i held triangle, also no alarm so far, has anyone verified this?
Dlight
QUOTE(Davidgtza2 @ Jun 11 2008, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1447222[/snapback]
also no alarm so far, has anyone verified this?

The alarm wont go off if you get back in, but if you smash the window with a baseball bat, or crash into it, it will.

Definetly works with:

-Cognoscenti
-Sultan RS
JoelManiac
Is it possible on Xbox? I think i have done this before.
Dlight
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 11 2008, 11:14 PM) [snapback]1447228[/snapback]
Is it possible on Xbox? I think i have done this before.

Don't see why not, try it, hold down the button you use to get out.
JoelManiac
Yeah i will. Thats what i just wondered what triangle does.haha Not a PS guy.
Shard
Yeah I figured this out when I first got the game. If you just press it, the radio gets left on and you can hear it outside your car, but if you hold it down everything gets switched off.
Ophis-
Great find if this works! I'll try this later on when i get in. It's always good to save the planet! tongue.gif
JoelManiac
Yeah it works i tried it but the car alarm didn't go off or the car didn't lock.
bOnEs
yea, i don't think you can set the alarm or lock your car... it would be quite the inconvenience for niko if he would have to re-break into the vehicle... i never herd the alarm but, holding triangle (PS3 of course) does in fact shut the car off... pretty cool...
Dlight
Let me say it again, when I said set the alarm, it doesn't mean it is locked, or the alarm will go off if you steal it. If u crash into it the alarm will go off, try that.
Harrop
QUOTE(Shard @ Jun 12 2008, 07:32 AM) [snapback]1447299[/snapback]
Yeah I figured this out when I first got the game. If you just press it, the radio gets left on and you can hear it outside your car, but if you hold it down everything gets switched off.

Me too.
DiO
Good to know. Cause When getting into my car when running from the cops id always get pissed off when he has to start it up again.
asthenia
Fuck the universe man I don't even close my doors, how am I gonna get away with a deagle to the head of a cop if I can't speed off asap?

Hi JT! smile.gif
TrIgGeR HaPpY
GReat find , thats cool. I can't beleive how realistic this game is.
JoelManiac
QUOTE(LuxAeterna @ Jun 13 2008, 06:35 AM) [snapback]1447460[/snapback]
Fuck the universe man I don't even close my doors, how am I gonna get away with a deagle to the head of a cop if I can't speed off asap?

Hi JT! smile.gif

Well you first don't get the cops on you. tongue.gif
Skinny 
Somehow, I didn't know this and no one seems to have posted it yet either o_0.
neko_ceko
Wow can't wait to try this.
SpazzedMoose
I literally just tried this. It does work.. how leet.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(Harrop @ Jun 12 2008, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1447407[/snapback]
QUOTE(Shard @ Jun 12 2008, 07:32 AM) [snapback]1447299[/snapback]

Me too.

Me three. I'm amazed how many people didn't know about this.
TrIgGeR HaPpY
Yes this does actually work, before i knew this i would sometimes do it by accident. I use to think this game was fucked up becasue sometimes when you left the car and went back in the radio was still on, but other times the engine and the radio was off, i was like wtf is up with that, but now i know, thanks again for the find.
NIGGALICIOUS
OLD/10

Can't believe this many people didn't notice. I realized it within minutes. Really cool feature
buttfreak
THIS DOESN'T EVEN WORK! WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS TALKING ABOUT CAR DOOR DON'T EVEN SHUT. LOL.
neko_ceko
Jesus christ ban this guy he is spamming forums whole day.
JoelManiac
I had the door lock and the alarm go off on me today.
Dj_PsYcHo_C
its a pretty cool feature biggrin.gif lol old topic but yea, one thing that i have noticed is that if you dont turn your car off when you exit, and leave the door open, you can hear the chime that tells you the door is open lol kinda like in a real car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.