Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 4
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kamahl
It's out in about 25 hours and no one made thread about it...

Who's gonna get it?

I am, i just hope Metal Gear online isnt as crappy as the beta was

EDIT:

The game is great, im sure everyone knows that already... anyway, for those who play Metal Gear Online, post your game ID here
DiO
Im waiting till I get it. With playing GTA the time just flew by till this release date. I almost forgot about it but now im very excited.
Kamahl
damn, i only wanted to watch a few minutes of that broadcast but the game is so awesome i cant stop watching
CutThatCity
Was about to make a topic on this. Im extremely fucking exited biggrin.gif . I should be playing by tomorow lunchtime.
bOnEs
ehh, i still haven't even beaten 3 yet... no point in playing the 4th and final chapter if i am missing a chunk of the story... i'll play 4 eventually but for now, i am in no rush to play it...
EMBO
Been playing it all day today (got it early on preorder).

Gameplay's amazing, story's incredible and the bosses (only done the first 2 but meh) are good too.
HB~Sauce
I'm not a MGS fan, but I'm intrigued about the game. I think its worth a rent.
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 11 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1447156[/snapback]
ehh, i still haven't even beaten 3 yet... no point in playing the 4th and final chapter if i am missing a chunk of the story... i'll play 4 eventually but for now, i am in no rush to play it...

Beat 3 for sure. It has a wikid ending.

From what I've heard there is 4 hours of cutscene in this game.There are 2 cutscenes that are around 90 minutes long each. So be ready as if youre watching a movie between gameplay.
CutThatCity
3 is a prequel, so its not really a chunk out of the story...

leaving to get the game in 10 mins, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
aussie_b8ler
i just got the "shipment confrimed" email from amazon. thumbup.gif

i ordered mine from amazon for two reasons.
  1. it would cost me $120 to buy it here (Australia), and i got it for roughly $80 AU (including postage and handling).
  2. i wanted the limited edition hardcover walkthrough, which is not available in Australia. if i was going to order one thing i thought i may as well get everything.
it is supposed to arrive on tuesday American time, so that means i get it monday Australian time. i love time differences. lol.

i can't wait. Jumpy.gif
Obama
didnt even know it was out yet. il pick it up tommorrow
Hardcore Ottoman
Hey EMBO came by for a hello!

Btw, I could get this game. I love all Metal Gears.
DuPz0r
I'm picking my copy up from Blockbusters tonight. Its only 35 from there, so a small warning before you lot go and spend 45 in game.
sirgraham
I dont have a PS3 yet... I would buy one for this game alone though.. Do you think it will come out for x box ever?
DiO
I was going to get it this aft but I woke up and was too tired so I slept till 2:30. Hopefully My bro will drive me out to pick it up.
EMBO
Just finished it =p

19 hours play time.

Worst bit: Snake's constant back-aches from crouching making his stress level go up

Best bit: The last boss fight which is, frankly, epic ^^
bOnEs
19 hours?? that's it?? is there an online thing with this game? if not, i sure hope it's fun enough to play again because, lol, you've beaten it in less than a day...
DuPz0r
MGS games are always completable within a day, but that doesnt stop us from replaying it over and over.

I'm only in the 2nd act atm, but what ive played so far is fuckin intense. mgs4 easily has the best graphics of any console game so far, i even thinks giving pc games a run for their money.

Easily he best gams this year. I only say that coz it feels more rewarding and satisfying then gta4 was.
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2008, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1447488[/snapback]
19 hours?? that's it?? is there an online thing with this game? if not, i sure hope it's fun enough to play again because, lol, you've beaten it in less than a day...

Psh, 19 hours is plenty long. The average for games is around 12 hours. And he said gameplay, so watching the 4 hrs of cutscene will add. And its been more than a day. He got it early.

Frist impression - Holy fuck this game looks amazing, I love the music.

then

Fuck, this game isn't easy.
CutThatCity
Im on act 2, done a bit of MGO too, both are awwwwsome
jev
I think I'll buy it today biggrin.gif
EMBO
Started my "no kills and no alerts" playthrough now to get the rewards. Just started Act 2 and not looking forward to tranquilising [spoiler]Raging Raven[/spoiler]... that fight was a bitch >.<
DuPz0r
QUOTE(EMBO @ Jun 13 2008, 12:42 PM) [snapback]1447644[/snapback]
Started my "no kills and no alerts" playthrough now to get the rewards. Just started Act 2 and not looking forward to tranquilising [spoiler]Raging Raven[/spoiler]... that fight was a bitch >.<

Tell me about it, she was hard enough to find at first, i wonder how long it'll take to tranq her. Anyway gd luck with that. I love the reward you get for defeating her biggrin.gif awsome.
Sharpie Fetish
The game is fucking amazing seriously it blows all the others out of the water this could be sony's guardian angel its that good
HB~Sauce
I've never completed a level in any Metal Gear game and the recent installments have been infamously known for their endless twists and shit, but I ask

could I pick up this game and still appreciate it for what it is or do I need to go play previous ones?

Please, not alot of biased replies.
1UP
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Jun 13 2008, 07:37 PM) [snapback]1447818[/snapback]
I've never completed a level in any Metal Gear game and the recent installments have been infamously known for their endless twists and shit, but I ask

could I pick up this game and still appreciate it for what it is or do I need to go play previous ones?

Ive only played about 2/3's of the game so far (maybe im not really sure), but you'll be completely lost even if you missed 1 mgs game in the past, I can just tell as I go thru this game off an on on parts im like omg thats what was going on. >.<

I think you'd like it still, you prolly wont think of it as great as you would if you played the others but its still completely insane fun... I think it is anyway, love itttt. Tho I can understand how not knowing the story could vary the gaming expiriance.
DiO
You would know the immediate storyline to like it but the overall story that this game contributes to you will miss out. And im not that far at all so the stroy is bound to thicken up as it always does. In the art book it goes through what happened in the last games aswell as if you pre-ordered there is a metal gear saga dvd that tell you what happened. Aswell in the artbook is a timelime of events. All this may help you but It will still be very hard to understand.

This game is FUCKING AMAZING. Nuff said.
ENVi3
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 13 2008, 08:35 PM) [snapback]1447830[/snapback]
All this may help you but It will still be very hard to understand.
not to mention people that have played all the previous ones are in the confused group too ...

but yeah, i'm still barely in Act 1 and its been really great so far. I cant wait to see how much better the later levels can be.
DuPz0r
Yo this game just gets better and better. Im in the 4th act now, and there has been so many twists in this intense story.

Oh and for those of you that have got past the 4th act, OMG what lovely memories aye smile.gif [spoiler]SHADOW MOSES LOOKS AWSOME!!![/spoiler]
SMEAR
I havent played my ps3 for like 6 months but i just found out that this came out so i bought it yesterday and its great
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(DJ-1UP @ Jun 13 2008, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1447821[/snapback]
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Jun 13 2008, 07:37 PM) [snapback]1447818[/snapback]

Ive only played about 2/3's of the game so far (maybe im not really sure), but you'll be completely lost even if you missed 1 mgs game in the past, I can just tell as I go thru this game off an on on parts im like omg thats what was going on. >.<

I think you'd like it still, you prolly wont think of it as great as you would if you played the others but its still completely insane fun... I think it is anyway, love itttt. Tho I can understand how not knowing the story could vary the gaming expiriance.

That what I kind of thought for the story but I haven't read any articles or seen any videos about MGS4 so I'd be going into it with an open mind and not alot of expectation, so I'll rent it if I can get a copy.
DiO
How many acts are there?

and holy shit, the weapon customization is amazing. And there is SOO MANY guns to choose from. This is something GTA really needs.
CutThatCity
There are 5 acts.

[spoiler]omfg shadow moses, it was fucking epic, seeing it all in next gen graphics. I also liked how otacon rang you up and told you to change disks at one point before realising your now running the game on PS3 tongue.gif[/spoiler]

Just finished the game. Fucking masterpiece.
DuPz0r
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ Jun 15 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]1448159[/snapback]
There are 5 acts.

[spoiler]omfg shadow moses, it was fucking epic, seeing it all in next gen graphics. I also liked how otacon rang you up and told you to change disks at one point before realising your now running the game on PS3 tongue.gif[/spoiler]

Just finished the game. Fucking masterpiece.

I also finshed it this morning. It was such a shocking, emotional, and amazingly fun game. I just hope other game designers take a page, no wait a whole chapter out of mgs4, so they can start to build games at this standard.

I loved the game offline, then i started it online today. That's huge amounts of fun too, creating your character and unlocking as you level up, not to mention the rpg style skill points.

Oh yeah once i completed mgs4 i got the rank "Eagle" emblem for good accuracy and alot of headshot according to the game.

Post the rank medal you guys received...?
DiO
I played a little MGO. Fucking christ I suck at it.
Kamahl
i got the game on friday night.... i only played for a few minutes and i didnt play on saturday, but today i played for a while and now im on act II, what an amazing game.... i had already played previous MGS games but never finished one, also... i was younger and i didnt really follow the story, so even though i dont know that much of the story, im enjoying the game a lot...

what im trying to say is BUY THE GAME even if you havent played previous MGS games

I also played MGO, registration is a pain in the ass, i already had an account because i had the beta (never worked for me, only created the account)... i played a team DM and finished with 5 kills and 7 deaths, not bad for my first game, i suppose i'll get better with time.
jev
Some of the stuff in this game has had me going jawdrop.gif
DiO
Bin playin MGO a good part of the day. Getting better. Its amazing, CQC is actually effective. I like tranq'ing people better than killing just cause it pisses them off. And you still get a point for it. Im already playing with different stragedy than most just like I did in GTA IV. I was utilizing the sheild in a Base game and it was really effective aswell.

We should really start a clan for this game. I think im going to be playing it a lot.
DuPz0r
Im up for a clan if people here are interested. Once one of us gets to level 3 i think we can create our own clans.
PhantomStranger
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ Jun 12 2008, 02:06 PM) [snapback]1447296[/snapback]
3 is a prequel, so its not really a chunk out of the story...

MGS3 is the biggest plot part for MGS4. You'll find out why.

It's defiantly the best game I've played to date. I was a bit disappointed with some of the poorly explained plot holes kojima tried to intertwine in the game. Some scenes should have been done better or left out all together like the mr and mrs smith style theme with [spoiler]johnny and meryl in outer haven[/spoiler]. But by far the worst was [spoiler]their wedding.[/spoiler]. Alot of fans at MGSTUS hated this, myself included. It didn't need to be included.

Besides those small and almost meaningless gripes, the game was perfect. Hideo has an amazing Hollywood-level eye for cinematics. Over 8 hours! The gameplay and story was great, the graphics are the best the PS3 has seen and it defiantly became emotional near the end.

I won't be on hear for some time
bOnEs
i don't even really remember much from MGS1 and 2... i've pretty much forgotten the storyline since, it's been like 10 years or something, lol, since i've played those games... and quite frankly, i put down MGS3 after a while and, it's been 2 years since i last played that...

if i were to pick this up today, would i be confused and lost throughout the game or, does it do a good job of explaining some things so it at least makes some sense to me? it's just been too long since i've played them... i might just read a plot summary on wiki on the first 2 games just to familiarize myself... and maybe give 3 another go...
Ulster_Niko
Oh My God, what an unbelievable game. I'm nearly finished I think, on Act 5. Everything is masterful, the gameplay is great, stunning graphics and a typically fascinating plot. I hope all the other MGS fans nearly had an orgasm when you [spoiler]went back to Shadow Moses?[/spoiler] Simply brilliant. I doubt there is a better gaming series in existence.
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 16 2008, 11:05 AM) [snapback]1448377[/snapback]
i don't even really remember much from MGS1 and 2... i've pretty much forgotten the storyline since, it's been like 10 years or something, lol, since i've played those games... and quite frankly, i put down MGS3 after a while and, it's been 2 years since i last played that...

if i were to pick this up today, would i be confused and lost throughout the game or, does it do a good job of explaining some things so it at least makes some sense to me? it's just been too long since i've played them... i might just read a plot summary on wiki on the first 2 games just to familiarize myself... and maybe give 3 another go...

I had never played the other MGSgames when they came out. I got them used and beat them last year. So its pretty fresh in my mind. TBH I think it was for the better. Back to back MGS.

Oh, and you gotta be lvl 3 to make a clan?

*learns something new

That is actually a good idea. It stops n00bs makng clans that dont go anywhere. That'll save some stress on the Konami servers.
Hardcore Ottoman
I could never beat MGS1 when I was 8 or 9. I did beat MGS2 when I was 11 or 12. I never owned MGS3 so I never got the proper experience. I'm sure I understand a lot of the storyline though so this does not deter me from getting MGS4.
1UP
finished the game last night, and holy shit is all I have to say about most of the end bits.lol

besides the reletivaly small things over looked, its easily in my opinion the best gaming/ maybe movie, story ever made. I have played MGS1, 2, and 3, like 20 times plus prolly, always watched the cut scenes I rather like them. I don't think an ending for the series could have been better.
Kamahl
if you guys create a clan, let me know... ill join
ENVi3
does anyone know how to change your online character?
I've read somewhere that the only way is to delete it and make another one ... but does anyone know if the new one you make will be free also ?
DiO
Im guessing eventually there you will be able to buy new shit to put on your character.

Does anyone know the name of that song that plays in the main menu and the opening cutscene?

edit - Nvm, its simply called "Old Snake." Its a good song.
jev
Oh my god, just finished it. i cannot believe what happened lol.
The last battle... Could that get any better?
DuPz0r
QUOTE(Vanilla Packer @ Jun 17 2008, 04:21 AM) [snapback]1448540[/snapback]
does anyone know how to change your online character?
I've read somewhere that the only way is to delete it and make another one ... but does anyone know if the new one you make will be free also ?

You can change the characters clothes in your personal settings or something, but you cant change a characters face or voice once you've made them. You can only make 1 free character at a time, then you have to pay to have more. Im not sure how much they cost.

I assume you will unlock clothes and accessories when you level up, along with new skill abilities to level up. I think this is a good way to keep us playing. GTA4 should have had something like this!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.