Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Downloadable Content Delayed
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
Take Two have released their Second Quarter Fiscal 2008 Financial Results, and inside it is the following quote, stating that the first episode of the downloadable content will be released sometime between November and January, as opposed to the August date originally mentioned.

The Company is providing guidance for the third fiscal quarter ending July 31, 2008 and fourth fiscal quarter ending October 31, 2008 and is raising its guidance for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2008 as detailed below. Fiscal 2008 guidance reflects the release of the first installment of episodic content for Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 in the first quarter of fiscal 2009 instead of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 in order to provide a better balance in Take-Two's release schedule.

Bad news for those desperate for some new content to play around with, but perhaps we should be used to GTA's delays by now. What's more, there's no mention of any PS3 downloadable content, so we still have no confirmation if such thing is actually going to exist.

If you'd like to get involved with DLC discussions, including a wishlist for what people would like to see included, head over to our Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion forum!
ViceMan
Oh well, until R* tell us what the DLC is or whether it's available for the PS3 it doesn't bother me. Not even sure i'd download it anyway, unless it's free, which I doubt very much.
Samurai_tbag
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jun 5 2008, 10:26 PM) [snapback]1445430[/snapback]
Oh well, until R* tell us what the DLC is or whether it's available for the PS3 it doesn't bother me. Not even sure i'd download it anyway, unless it's free, which I doubt very much.

..and you've got a PS3.

Go Figure.
HB~Sauce
Sucks for those craving the episodes, but interest will stay relatively low until Rockstar drip feeds us some info.
Indy
meh, i'll be playin gears 2 then.
DiO
Too bad. This probably means a even longer wait for any mention of PS3 DLC.
MyLittleFriend
Maybe this will give me a chance to actually get XBL stupid.gif
OptimumPx
Thats too bad, I was looking forward to seeing what the content would actually be.

Oh well...time to play Bioshock again. smile.gif
Harrop
QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ Jun 5 2008, 11:11 PM) [snapback]1445445[/snapback]

So will I and I'm guessing alot of other people will be aswell so they have fucked up by delaying it as I think it will prob make the difference in how much money they would have made as people won't be as bothered to buy the DLC because they won't be bored then like we all now, although I will still be getting it lol, It does take the piss though, they shouldn't announce a date if they can't stick to it, come on R* you should have learned by now especially after all the shit with delaying IV. nono.gif
asthenia
QUOTE(Harrop @ Jun 6 2008, 09:12 AM) [snapback]1445576[/snapback]

So will I and I'm guessing alot of other people will be aswell so they have fucked up by delaying it as I think it will prob make the difference in how much money they would have made as people won't be as bothered to buy the DLC because they won't be bored then like we all now, although I will still be getting it lol, It does take the piss though, they shouldn't announce a date if they can't stick to it, come on R* you should have learned by now especially after all the shit with delaying IV. nono.gif

I imagine 95% of people are saying exactly the same as you are. And you'll all do the same "Woaaah! It actually sold millions!" after R* announce how many downloads the DLC got.
FuddMan
I guess everyone forgot that the August date was the one set before the game was delayed until April. In other words, if the game came out on time, they would have had 10 months to make the DLC perfect. Because it was delayed, they would have only had 4 months, and you can't do 10 months work in 4 and get the same quality at the end of it. The game was worth the six month delay, so how about giving Rockstar a chance with this DLC as well?
Indy
Yeah i'll give them time. But with the release of Gears 2 and Fable 2, I just won't get much time to play it. I'll remain optimistic though
aye_rufus
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Jun 6 2008, 05:22 AM) [snapback]1445587[/snapback]
I guess everyone forgot that the August date was the one set before the game was delayed until April. In other words, if the game came out on time, they would have had 10 months to make the DLC perfect. Because it was delayed, they would have only had 4 months, and you can't do 10 months work in 4 and get the same quality at the end of it. The game was worth the six month delay, so how about giving Rockstar a chance with this DLC as well?

I totally agree. With the August release date, I was worried the DLC might be rushed. I would much rather have quality DLC over a quick release.

Everyone is talking about what other games they are going to be playing then, but I guarantee when the first trailer for the new DLC content comes out, there will not be another game on your mind. I guarantee the DLC will be epic and will ensure dust gathers on all the video games you got for X-mas.

The delayed release also will increase the demand for the DLC, which will sure be backed up by an extensive marketing campaign and forums fueled with speculations from fanboys based on the trailers/websites. The DLC will not be as big a release as the game was, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the largest XBL purchases ever once it drops.

I'm fucking ready. But in the meantime, I'll probably play through the story again, work on leveling up my multiplayer ranking, finding FUCKING PIGEONS, and taking care of those elusive achievements. Then I'll think about taking LEGO Indiana Jones out of the packaging and put it in. Besides, Madden 08 and Gears of War 2 will keep me busy until the DLC is finally released.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Harrop @ Jun 6 2008, 09:12 AM) [snapback]1445576[/snapback]

Ill be playing Gears 2 instead of dlc and a whole load of other awesome games

i have to admit i havent touhed the game since getting 90-Ish percent this one jsut isnt as rewarding as the other gta's

Fuck that i thought dlc's in august but bang no they go and delay that too

I probably wont even be playing the dlc when it comes out too many great games by then
bOnEs
oh well... im a PS3'er so, this news doesn't effect me whatsoever... if they end up giving us some kind of info on the DLC then, i guess i'll get excited but, i am gonna treat the delay the same as i did when IV was delayed - forget about it until R* blesses us all with some news concerning what it is...

i mean, when IV was delayed, i decided to not read anything GTA related until a month or so before its release... so, i'll be doing the same if it's announced that PS3 gets something too... no need to start building the hype if there's nothing to get hyped up about...

until then, i'll be fine with just playing IV as it is... i'm still having a lot of fun playing the game so, new content will be a bonus whenever i get it...
ezekiel 08
See, most of the people here before GTA IV's release were all like "I'm going to be playing this game until GTA 5 man". And not two months later, everyone's bored of it. This is a bad sign for Rockstar and Take-Two. Maybe they should stop delaying everything...

Even I'm a bit bored of GTA IV. I find myself ditching it and giving love to Guitar Hero 3, which continues to rock! I can't wait for Rock Band to hit Australia (yes I know I can import it from the UK, but I'm saving for other stuff right now).
DiO
Im certianly not getting bored of GTA. I just wish more of the forms reg would paly online. If we did regularly it would never get old. I know this game isnt going to last me as long as SA did but that only because Ill be playing MGS4 soon but its not like im putting it away. Ill get the DLC if and when it comes.

and TBH, Guitar Hero is a sorry excuse of a game.
DuPz0r
GTA IV as is stands, is an awsome game online and offline. But it could be even better, and hopefully R* do something about it via dlc. As long as it doesnt take forever to be released, gtaIV will be even more successful.
Jesseeast
Dammit.. So long to wait for the game now this lmao.
aussie_b8ler
i don't know whether to laugh or cry.

what the hell i'll do both.

laugh.gif sad.gif
Mzeppelin
Usually I'd be upset at a delay, but I was dissapointed with IV itself, so I'm not really looking forward to the DLC either.
Ophis-
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 7 2008, 06:43 AM) [snapback]1445906[/snapback]
Im certianly not getting bored of GTA. I just wish more of the forms reg would paly online. If we did regularly it would never get old. I know this game isnt going to last me as long as SA did but that only because Ill be playing MGS4 soon but its not like im putting it away. Ill get the DLC if and when it comes.

and TBH, Guitar Hero is a sorry excuse of a game.

Bolded for effect...

As for DLC, i'm in no rush to get it. I'm lucky to fall into the group who still likes gtaiv and doesn't have time to play other games as it is (i don't own any other games). So for now IV takes my time up nicly when i do get round to switching it on. Its a great stress relief but the connecting to multiplayer via phone is very time consuming and annoying. However considering they have never done it before i will let them off.
GMT
you know what I don't get about the whole DLC thing?
Not so long ago, we had an article where some officials confirmed DLC for the PS3, but still everybody talks about "it's not sure"
did I miss some correction of this article or what?

EDIT: here's the news I'm talking about
Ophis-
I think the article bends the truth a touch. The PS3 will probably get some sort of DLC but the xbox will get the same plus the exclusive stuff ontop of that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.