Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
Niko Bellic
None to my Knowledge but with R* just breaking Two-World Records I doubt they wil stop now..
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Niko Bellic @ Jun 4 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]1445109[/snapback]
There isn't much innovation possible with a new GTA. It would just be the same thing as GTA4 with just more additional features, new setting, new character, etc. but essentially it wouldn't be producing anything worthwhile. With all the new features of GTA4 (improved graphics/physics, compelling storyline, improved combat, online play, and so on), people are still complaining that the game is just too boring (usually due to the first 10-20 tutorial missions and limited amount of weapons) and that the online play is boring as well (senselessly killing people for money grows repetitive over time). Of course, the idea of redoing Vice City or finding a new location sounds interesting to me, but if it will just mean more features but no real innovation, then what's the point? The casual gamer will play it for a month or so, finish the story, and stop playing altogether, assuming they lose interest in the online experience. I remember when GTA4 first came out. I had 20+ friends online, playing GTA4 (the majority played just the storyline). Now? I might see 2 or 3 people playing GTA4, some actually coming online to play. Everyone else I see online is usually playing COD4 or Halo 3.

For the innovation part, people have been saying that after GTA III and Rockstar keeps the GTA train moving with innovation and new features.

As for multiplayer, the best mulitplayer games online are usually FPS so I'm not suprised that alot of people went back to COD4 or Halo 3 after completing GTA IV. Just how it goes.
OptimumPx
Why would there be confirmation at this early date? It's only been out for just over a month now...far too soon for Rockstar to be talking about the next GTA publicly in any way.

After all they didn't talk about GTA IV at all until March 07, about 3 years after San Andreas.
JoelManiac
QUOTE(Niko Bellic @ Jun 5 2008, 01:47 PM) [snapback]1445109[/snapback]
There isn't much innovation possible with a new GTA. It would just be the same thing as GTA4 with just more additional features, new setting, new character, etc. but essentially it wouldn't be producing anything worthwhile. With all the new features of GTA4 (improved graphics/physics, compelling storyline, improved combat, online play, and so on), people are still complaining that the game is just too boring (usually due to the first 10-20 tutorial missions and limited amount of weapons) and that the online play is boring as well (senselessly killing people for money grows repetitive over time). Of course, the idea of redoing Vice City or finding a new location sounds interesting to me, but if it will just mean more features but no real innovation, then what's the point? The casual gamer will play it for a month or so, finish the story, and stop playing altogether, assuming they lose interest in the online experience. I remember when GTA4 first came out. I had 20+ friends online, playing GTA4 (the majority played just the storyline). Now? I might see 2 or 3 people playing GTA4, some actually coming online to play. Everyone else I see online is usually playing COD4 or Halo 3.

What was the innovation between LC, VC and SA? There was a different character, setting etc as you said but there was no real innovation they were all basically the same. There was a point in those games. rolleyes.gif
Ophis-
innovation comes with new engines i think.

But as for the GTA games coming out for ever... I thnik they will.. This GTA has given the company a HUGE boost... with that financal bonous they can do bigger things. Expect GTA to become the "James Bond" francise of the gaming world... it just never stops but each one is great in its own different way.
Thrilla in Manila
No, there hasn't been any confirmation from R* that there actually be a new GTA.
JoelManiac
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Jun 5 2008, 08:37 PM) [snapback]1445252[/snapback]
innovation comes with new engines i think.

But as for the GTA games coming out for ever... I thnik they will.. This GTA has given the company a HUGE boost... with that financal bonous they can do bigger things. Expect GTA to become the "James Bond" francise of the gaming world... it just never stops but each one is great in its own different way.

Maybe or it may e like the Simpson's which are starting to die out.
DuPz0r
R* will continue to pump out GTA games for as long as the company exists. This is their prized production, and they can always think of something new. As soon as a GTA game seems dull and boring, they always end up making a comeback with something bigger and will be better then any other attempts at this type of game that keep getting pumped into the industry.
TrIgGeR HaPpY
There is going to be another GTA, R* don't have to confirm it. Why? Because this is the first GTA on a new gen console. So its not going to be the last.
sirgraham
God dammit im sick of people complaining about this game......Of course its going to more of the same thing as they continue to make new ones... But so what? The next one is always in some way or another going to be a little bit better then the last. CoD 4? Halo 3? Talk about repetition... they are awesome games, but the same can be said.
DiO
QUOTE(Niko Bellic @ Jun 4 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]1445109[/snapback]

This post is just really stupid. I've seen one person on my list go back to CoD4 while most are still in GTA. And there is much more to do online than senseless killing, unlike Halo and CoD all there is to do is senseless killing. Theres plenty of innovation to be had with GTA. Why? Because the sky ain't even the fucking limit. Im sure they are creative enough to come up with new ways to make the next gta even better. If your saying it will be the same but with more features you may be right but thats what ALL sequels do for EVERY game.

QUOTE(sirgraham @ Jun 6 2008, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1445719[/snapback]
God dammit im sick of people complaining about this game......Of course its going to more of the same thing as they continue to make new ones... But so what? The next one is always in some way or another going to be a little bit better then the last. CoD 4? Halo 3? Talk about repetition... they are awesome games, but the same can be said.

Thank you!
Skinny†
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 6 2008, 07:18 PM) [snapback]1445583[/snapback]
Maybe or it may e like the Simpson's which are starting to die out.

The only reason The Simpsons will eventualy die out is becuase, they do eventualy run out of funny things to happen to that small town. While GTA is in a diffrent place each time.
Thrilla in Manila
That last simpsons game was gay as fuck.
NOLA88
QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Jun 6 2008, 08:34 AM) [snapback]1445632[/snapback]
R* will continue to pump out GTA games for as long as the company exists. This is their prized production, and they can always think of something new. As soon as a GTA game seems dull and boring, they always end up making a comeback with something bigger and will be better then any other attempts at this type of game that keep getting pumped into the industry.

I dont know, the missions are starting to get very repetative and very similar to old gta games,especially gta3. The othet gta games i played for years nonstop untill the next one came out, with gta4 i stoped playing completly as soon as i finished the story
JoelManiac
Yeah but the developers probably realise that people do stop playing after finishing so in GTA V they will try and fix that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.