Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Orleans
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
Thrilla in Manila
Culture is amazing
Atmosphere is amazing
Should bring even more tourism (people going to New Orleans because it's set in the next GTA)
People there have no regard for human life
EXTREMELY DIVERSE

I'm talking Jamaican hoodlums, Honduran drug cartels, Haitian hitmen, even the mafia... plus the names of the neighborhoods in New Orleans just fucking own everything
NIGGALICIOUS
I agree. Next game should be New Orleans, or Miami based.
asthenia
Oh I'm sure Grand Theft Auto: New Orleans would do wonders for the tourists.
NOLA88
i definatly agree. new orleans would be a fun city to play in a gta game. and if not just new orleans, then maybe a tree city map like san andreas but one city representing new orleans, another representing atlanta, and another reping tampa or something and the cities are separated by country, swamplands, and buyous with fan boats and stuf. and with the game being in the deep south and the louisiana colture, r* could come up with all kinds of redneck jokes and shit.
NOLA88
QUOTE(NOLA88 @ Jun 4 2008, 08:09 PM) [snapback]1445076[/snapback]
i definatly agree. new orleans would be a fun city to play in a gta game. and if not just new orleans, then maybe a tree city map like san andreas but one city representing new orleans, another representing atlanta, and another reping tampa or something and the cities are separated by country, swamplands, and buyous with fan boats and stuf. and with the game being in the deep south and the louisiana colture, r* could come up with all kinds of redneck jokes and shit.

I also forgot to mention that new orleans has mixtures of other seneries and culture like some areas are dark like gta 4 and other areas are bright and glamorous like vice city. and the way the city looks, it has new york, europe, and florida all mixed in some how. new orleans based gta game would have a few somethings every one would like!
Boss of GTA
i agree,that be awesome
Thrilla in Manila
New Orleans had the highest murder rate in the world in 1994 and had like the most murders the past 3 years... like 14 people killed in one week. The tourists don't seem to mind. They know their limits.

QUOTE(NOLA88 @ Jun 5 2008, 01:09 AM) [snapback]1445076[/snapback]

lmfao Atlanta? oh hell no, Atlanta is boring as fuck trust me.
aye_rufus
If they do GTA New Orleans, you should be a female hurricane and just kill all the poor black people and remove their shit housing. Based on your destructive performance in the game, at the end it will influence George W. Bush's hatred of black people and lack of support given to the community.

asthenia
I wonder if CrudLife would get a part in the game...
Thrilla in Manila
QUOTE(aye_rufus @ Jun 5 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1445313[/snapback]
If they do GTA New Orleans, you should be a female hurricane and just kill all the poor black people and remove their shit housing. Based on your destructive performance in the game, at the end it will influence George W. Bush's hatred of black people and lack of support given to the community.

What the fuck? The media made it look like the black people are the only victims. How many Aisians did you see on the news? What about Creoles? Hispanics? They even interviewed a rapper (B.G.) during the hurricane. Besides all that, you are a dumb shit. New Orleans did exist before the hurricane and it still does now.
NOLA88
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Jun 5 2008, 11:30 PM) [snapback]1445525[/snapback]

What the fuck? The media made it look like the black people are the only victims. How many Aisians did you see on the news? What about Creoles? Hispanics? They even interviewed a rapper (B.G.) during the hurricane. Besides all that, you are a dumb shit. New Orleans did exist before the hurricane and it still does now.

word
OptimumPx
I think New Orleans would be a great city to make a GTA game in.

Wonder what they would name the city....New Troyes? New Bourges? New Evreux?
Thrilla in Manila
Probably something french for murder or homicide or some shit or some variation of a project or neighborhood like St. Gulliope or something, I know that name is ass cheeks they probably wouldn't use it.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Jun 6 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]1445525[/snapback]

I don't think he was being serious. His post seems a bit satirical, even though it's pretty retarded. I don't think GTA will make a game where the protagonist is a female hurricane. However, it could be a premise for a storyline.

In Vice City (or VCS, can't remember which) there was a hurricane that shut down the bridges early on in the game. I don't know if it would be overly insensitive to have a storyline based on someone who lost everything in a hurricane getting back at the mayor for poor emergency response or something similar.

Hurricanes and shit aside, I think New Orleans would be great, especially with the incredible mash-ups of cultures (see Thrillas list above). THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT THE NEXT CITY IS THE STORYLINE. IT HAS TO HAVE A GREAT STORY LINE, BETTER THAN GTA4'S. I have no idea where they could take the storyline, but it would need to use the Euphoria engine to experiment with Voodoo powers or something similar.
Thrilla in Manila
Yup, New Orleans is a normal city, they should do the storyline from a non tourists view.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Jun 9 2008, 07:41 PM) [snapback]1446565[/snapback]
Yup, New Orleans is a normal city, they should do the storyline from a non tourists view.

The only problem would be that 99.97% of the people that will buy GTA5:NO would be considered tourists (or potential tourists) to New Orleans.

I think there would be a lot of controversy about using New Orleans as the backdrop for a violent video game; more so than New York City/Liberty City; because of the following:
*New Orleans is so dependent on revenue generated by tourism dollars.

*The murder rate is 10x the average in the United States. Not something to be "honored for" in a video game.

Other Reasons New Orleans probably wouldn't work (save an AWARD WINNING STORYLINE AND OMG GRAPHICS):
*Anyone who hasn't visited New Orleans thinks it's all Mardi Gras and Hurricane Katrina rubble. While New Orleans is a great city with a rich history, wide variety of districts and very distinctive neighborhoods, the only thing most people who have never visited would recognize is Bourbon St and the Superdome. Hard to market a game on that. Think about how stoked you were to see Times Square or the Statue of Liberty in GTA4, is there anything that has that kind of draw in New Orleans that would make people want to buy it?

*Reggie Bush is all hype.
Thrilla in Manila
Mardi Gras and Bourbon Street? The fuck?

-Bourbon Street
-Jackson Square
-French Quarter
-Downtown N.O. (tons of shit there)

Fuck distinguishing landmark, the whole city itself is a landmark (lol). Plus GTA 4 was in Liberty City/Alderney, not New York City

What draw would new orleans have that would make people buy it? How about the fact that it's GTA and New Orleans mixed together. Just because it's not a big ass city like NYC doesn't mean no one will buy it. Anything else, see the original post.
NOLA88
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Jun 10 2008, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1446977[/snapback]
Mardi Gras and Bourbon Street? The fuck?

-Bourbon Street
-Jackson Square
-French Quarter
-Downtown N.O. (tons of shit there)

Fuck distinguishing landmark, the whole city itself is a landmark (lol). Plus GTA 4 was in Liberty City/Alderney, not New York City

What draw would new orleans have that would make people buy it? How about the fact that it's GTA and New Orleans mixed together. Just because it's not a big ass city like NYC doesn't mean no one will buy it. Anything else, see the original post.

yea if you actually been to new orleans, you would quicly realize the city is plenty big enough and with the city being one of the most haunted places on earth, who knows how many easter eggs and hidden content you would find in the game. and i dissagree with people whanting the next gta's in "revamped" citys from previous games because its the next genaration and its time for new cities. another words, move on!
HB~Sauce
I think Rockstar could pull a New Orleans, some of the accents would be good smile.gif
GTAMansion
New orleans would be good but I would rather have something else like New mexico.
neko_ceko
New Orleans would be really good
UCSB
Next GTA should be in Iraq
neko_ceko
QUOTE(UCSB @ Jun 14 2008, 10:22 AM) [snapback]1447883[/snapback]
Next GTA should be in Iraq

One word
... (even if its not a word)
UCSB
it should mask the name since it would be too controversial but take its concept. your living in an invaded country and you move up as an expert assassin fighting for usual things like money but also freeing your country. or you can make connections on both sides and have the option to choose who u wanna backstab
neko_ceko
Apsollutly NOT GTA style
Linkin Parkinson's
QUOTE(GTAMansion @ Jun 13 2008, 09:44 PM) [snapback]1447789[/snapback]
New orleans would be good but I would rather have something else like New mexico.

What the fuck?

OMG Would you motherfuckers please just pretend that the next GTA actually was in fucking new mexico or denver colorado or hawaii I mean holy shit I'm fucking serious there is no way in hell they could ever make a decent believable storyline in a traditional GTA manner.. if I worked at Rockstar I would tell the president "fuck the fans they will be the death of this company, let them play the games, not make them"

If they did half of the shit said on these GTA Fansites, maybe a quarter of the gta fansites would be the only people to buy the damn game.
gingergenius
I'm not saying NO would be a bad city to have it but GTA has to move out of America, it's getting tedious
Linkin Parkinson's
Why would it have to move out of America?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.