Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should we vote for Barak Obama?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Pages: 1, 2
Severus Snape
So, Barak Obama has secured the Democratic nomination. And based on this, a buddy of mine and I were discussing this in the cafeteria here at work this morning. I asked him who he was going to vote for in November, and he stated he was going to vote for Obama. My buddy is hard-core republican, so when I heard this I asked him why he was gonna vote democratic this year. (Side note - I don't care about party lines. I personally will vote for the person who I think is the best candidate for the job.). His reasoning behind this, mainly, is that if we end up with a black man as president, then black people can no longer use the race card. Meaning, black people can no longer say that the white man is holding them back from being anything - Obama's presence in office would only prove that ANYBODY of ANY COLOR can make it in this country. Furthering this point of view would be that no black person could ever use slavery as an excuse for anything.

At first when I heard this I told him he was fucked and full of shit, and basically came back down to my desk to work on some projects I have going on. And then I sat and thought about it for a few minutes, and god damn if it doesn't make sense. Now, I'm not a racist person by any stretch of the imagination - I think all people are generally screwed. But this makes perfect sense. What better way is there to get black people to stop bitching about the white man and slavery than to vote one of them into the most powerful position in the free world?

What thoughts do people out here have on this? Do you agree with these sentiments? Or do you think my pal here is full of shit (as I originally did)?
Hardcore Ottoman
I'm wondering if Obama is a pawn now... I had not thought of this before. I still believe this won't stop so-called bitching immediately but if the trend of black presidents persisted then maybe your friend might be right.
Loly Pop
Well if you are saying to vote for him because it will end race card debates, then no. As you said, you'd vote for whoever was the best for the job. I put religion aside and abortion isn't a main point in my decision for who i would vote for. Why? Why the hell would it be? It has no precedence in this election, it is thrown in their by republicans to make it seem like a big issue so they can get the christian vote.

The main points in this election is the war and debt to me. I would vote for the president to get us out of debt so we could actually get better scholarships for our kids, me being one of them. Obama + Blackness = Debtfree Nation????? NAHHHHH!
Nec
I do not trust Obama at all. Everything about him and his speeches is fine-tuned and manicured. I trust nothing that needs a lot of work to look good - race is not a factor. McCain is my Senator, and while I am not a Republican, I am more inclined to vote for him at this point. I do not agree with him on a lot of issues, but he doesn't manicure anything, and he has taken good care of Arizona. That is a big thing for me. If I had a choice, Kucinich is the right one for the job, but no longer an option.

At this point, I think the race card is going to be a hot topic either way.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Nec @ Jun 5 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]1445160[/snapback]

See, I think this was what my buddy at work here was really trying to get across with his statements. The race thing is going to be a huge factor in this race, and by god I think the media is going to be filled with idiots trying to say that race did this, or being black did that, or what have you.

Personally, I don't know who I'm going to vote for. I don't like the fact that Obama acts more like a puppet than a real person, and I am not entirely sure where McCain stands on some of the issues that are near and dear to me (such as the environment and space exploration). I need to do more research at this point in order to make a sound decision on who to vote for.
Nec
QUOTE(Leon Kennedy @ Jun 5 2008, 04:57 AM) [snapback]1445288[/snapback]
QUOTE(Nec @ Jun 5 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]1445160[/snapback]

See, I think this was what my buddy at work here was really trying to get across with his statements. The race thing is going to be a huge factor in this race, and by god I think the media is going to be filled with idiots trying to say that race did this, or being black did that, or what have you.

Personally, I don't know who I'm going to vote for. I don't like the fact that Obama acts more like a puppet than a real person, and I am not entirely sure where McCain stands on some of the issues that are near and dear to me (such as the environment and space exploration). I need to do more research at this point in order to make a sound decision on who to vote for.

McCain is huge on the environment and global warming. He is also a major supporter of space exploration. Arizona (particularly the U of A here in Tucson) has a huge role in this, as I am sure you must know. McCain has had no trouble staying in office here, and has been consistently supported by local Democrats for a reason: He follows through on the things that count and he is fiscally responsible. There are some issues I do not agree with him on, but those are primarily social.

I watched another speech of Obama's last night, and all he wants to do is dump billions of dollars ($53 bil that he verbalized) into education and job training in OTHER countries. He claims it is to stop terrorism on the premise that socially and politically unstable countries are breeding grounds for terrorists. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to realize that one of the best ways to do that is to take a look at our own infrastructure and economic needs, and address them first. THIS country is socially and economically unstable right now (doesn't take a genius to figure that one out), so by his philosophy, the US will become a breeding ground for terrorists. I am not willing to put my faith in someone who is going to ignore the immediate needs of our nation by spending our money improving other countries.

Like I said, I am not a Republican. I have almost exclusively voted for Democrats (with the exception of McCain) for the last 17 years because the ones running best fit what I saw as being good for the state, country, and even my district. I can't vote for a president based on his or her party affiliation. I must vote based on who I believe has the country's best interests at heart. If it comes down to Obama and McCain for sure, I am going to have to go with McCain.
Skinny†
QUOTE(Leon Kennedy @ Jun 5 2008, 01:15 AM) [snapback]1444842[/snapback]
if we end up with a black man as president, then black people can no longer use the race card.

I'm not sure it will. Sure, he's black, but only his father was black and he never knew him growing up, while he lived with his white mother and grandparents. Someone would begin to argue that no one from a black community can be president.

the most powerful position in the free world

The free world consists of more than America...
bouncing
If Obama is elected president, will people still play the race card? Sure. Hec, most of the people who play the race card are multi-millionaires. Obama's famous pastor has a $1.6m house he got for free, enjoyed a six figure salary, and only had to work one day a week -- that didn't stop him from claiming to be a helpless victim, did it?

To me it doesn't matter that much who becomes president -- they're both corporate hacks. Obama's corporate hackery comes with a social contract, while McCain's doesn't. That's the only real difference.

Having said that, yeah, I'll probably vote for Obama. He'll at least appoint Justices who shouldn't be institutionalized.
bOnEs
my candidate got ignored and buried by the media so, he had no chance of winning... ron paul...

everyone else has ideas they throw around to amuse the masses... we're gonna do this and we're gonna do that... who has ever lived up to their goals they sat when they were running?? paul told everyone straight up what he was gonna do and got laughed at... why do you think politicians never answer any questions with a straight answer? why must they dance around every single question like it was a hot potato? you never get a straight answer... never...

to me, the party on the left is the party on the right... to me, i don't see much of a difference in obama or mccain... they may sound different but, they both have the same exact plan once they get in... extend the "war that will never end" and continue to sink our money into places it shouldn't be... we need to stop electing people like this... ron paul was a beeming light of hope... a man who ACTUALLY offered the change that obama claims he can offer... but no, people are interested in hearing the same person answer all the questions with another question... thus never answering the question in the first place...

our political season has turned into a hollywood affair... it's no longer about politics... it's about who can embarrass their opponent the most...

seriously, i don't think obama or mccain will make a good president... we've got the wrong 2 choices to choose from... oh how i yearn for a 3rd party like the libertarians to stand up against the big 2... i'm sick of dems and repubs... this country needs a new direction, not the same one re-hashed every four years because, all it's doing is sinking us further down the rabbit hole...
Qdeathstar
Dont know... but the more and more I listen to him, the more and more i find that he would make a good leader. McCain is still my choice... but Obama does have some good ideas.

I just can't get over the fact that he wants to pull out of Iraq. I seen him talk about that, defending it and he did have some good points. Its all in if you believe that Iraqis can actually take control of the government themselves... and he seems to think that when push comes to shove they can, but i'm not so sure.

On the other hand, he does have some experience, more than I'd say.. McCain, with those types of nations, seeing as he had lived in Kenya, another developing nation as a child.

The other thing that i don't like about Obama is that he appears to be over-glorified by the media. I mean, on three different news media stations this weekend i heard nothing but how he was like Kennedy..

I mean, come on. He hasn't done anything yet to show he isn't just another shallow politician... so lets not give him to much credit just because he's the first black nominee.

If we have to make such outlandish comparisons to get people to like him, then maybe he's not such a solid contender over all. I don't want to accuse the media of biasness ... but when you compare Obama to Kennedy and then turn around and say that McCain is the old fasioned, established choice for the risk adverse... then i have to wonder.

my candidate got ignored and buried by the media so, he had no chance of winning... ron paul...
Obama had no chance of winning either, back in 2006. He had a message. Ron Paul didn't, he was a joke. A crazy, old, bad joke. Be honest.

everyone else has ideas they throw around to amuse the masses... we're gonna do this and we're gonna do that... who has ever lived up to their goals they sat when they were running?? paul told everyone straight up what he was gonna do and got laughed at... why do you think politicians never answer any questions with a straight answer? why must they dance around every single question like it was a hot potato? you never get a straight answer... never...

Its Politics Stupid. But, seriously. Even Ron Paul worked on his base. Attention whoring young adults who over-believe the mantra "its cool to be different".

to me, the party on the left is the party on the right... to me, i don't see much of a difference in obama or mccain... they may sound different but, they both have the same exact plan once they get in... extend the "war that will never end" and continue to sink our money into places it shouldn't be... we need to stop electing people like this... ron paul was a beeming light of hope... a man who ACTUALLY offered the change that obama claims he can offer... but no, people are interested in hearing the same person answer all the questions with another question... thus never answering the question in the first place.
That is a lot of words to say that both parties believe in the same thing, obama was the only hope, and that both parties would work to continue the war.

that said, Obama and Clinton both said they would set deadlines for withdraw, and had voted previously to set a deadline

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Jun 6 2008, 10:28 AM) [snapback]1445599[/snapback]
QUOTE(Leon Kennedy @ Jun 5 2008, 01:15 AM) [snapback]1444842[/snapback]
if we end up with a black man as president, then black people can no longer use the race card.

I'm not sure it will. Sure, he's black, but only his father was black and he never knew him growing up, while he lived with his white mother and grandparents. Someone would begin to argue that no one from a black community can be president.

They will probably just switch for other adjectives for the same thing. IE, Poor, ect.

the most powerful position in the free world

The free world consists of more than America...

Yes. And?

Is America not currently the most powerful country in the free world?
Skinny†
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jun 10 2008, 08:38 AM) [snapback]1446544[/snapback]

Your president still doesn't have any office power in the rest of the world.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Jun 10 2008, 01:53 AM) [snapback]1446715[/snapback]
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jun 10 2008, 08:38 AM) [snapback]1446544[/snapback]

Your president still doesn't have any office power in the rest of the world.

Ok, let's break this down:

1. Your country still has royalty, and you worship them.
2. Your country has a prime minister that has really no power.
3. The royal family gets an automatic place in Parliament (which sounds like a dictatorship to me - I mean, automatic? No election for this one?)

You worship a monarch that has no power, your prime minister is a joke, and your government is made up of figureheads and men who have no power. Just exactly who is running your country?
Skinny†
QUOTE(Leon Kennedy @ Jun 10 2008, 10:17 PM) [snapback]1446779[/snapback]
1. Your country still has royalty, and you worship them.

What? Britan has royalty for some reason (I can't answer that for them) and we are apart of the comonwealth for econominc reasons mostly. It doesn't mean we worship any monarchy, they're just a figurehead with no power.

2. Your country has a prime minister that has really no power.
A Prime Minister and a President are exactly the same job.

3. The royal family gets an automatic place in Parliament

No, they don't...

government is made up of figureheads and men who have no power.
What the fuck are you talking about? Australia uses the same governemt system as America, although some of the jobs have diffrent names (Governer=Premier, President=Prime Minister).

Just exactly who is running your country?

The governmet, who the fuck do you think?
bOnEs
That is a lot of words to say that both parties believe in the same thing, obama was the only hope, and that both parties would work to continue the war.

that said, Obama and Clinton both said they would set deadlines for withdraw, and had voted previously to set a deadline

i didn't say obama was the only hope, i'm saying they think he's the only hope... and yea, both parties are the same... both have the same agenda... they may differ on a couple of issues like abortion (who cares about abortion, it's a state thing) but, both parties want the same thing for this country... to continue the war and to grow the size of the government... the dems say they want a timetable for a withdrawl but, they're just talking about the number of troops in iraq... we're already building permanent bases there... we're gonna be there forever... and this is why terrorist continue to attack us... we're permanently occupying dozens and dozens of their countries, pissing off a lot of countries that want us to get the hell out...

...and this is where a lot of the money we make goes... to help aid all these troops and countries around the world... meanwhile, here in america, the national debt continues to reach numbers that we will never be able to fix, and the american dollar has continued to reach record lows on the trading market... where's the plan to fix that at? we are gonna be in debt to the world...

it's why i liked ron paul... he blantly said, i want to pull all troops out now... no timetable, no leaving behind... it's time this country tries to fix it's own problems instead of being involved in everyone elses... fix the economy by putting our dollar back on the gold standard... it'll be rough at the get-go but, in the long run, it will be better...

we need to stop policing the world and become more concerned about the homefront... our country is in serious trouble and we need to realize that... and no, the serious problem isn't terrorism... we created terrorism... we funded terrorism... our serious problem is we have neglected our own country for the welfare of the world...

it's time we stop giving everyone handouts because, if we continue, it's us that's gonna need the handouts...
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 10 2008, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1446821[/snapback]
the dems say they want a timetable for a withdrawl but, they're just talking about the number of troops in iraq...

Obama said that he wants us out.

we're already building permanent bases there... we're gonna be there forever... and this is why terrorist continue to attack us... we're permanently occupying dozens and dozens of their countries, pissing off a lot of countries that want us to get the hell out...
No terrorist attacks in the United States since 2001. We're keepin' em' busy.

I don't understand why some people seem to think that if we retreated from the middle east that the terrorists would no longer have inspiration for their hatred of the west, and at the same time believe that the terrorists wouldn't be embolden by our retreat.

I mean, come on. Its like saying that if a someone threatened you into a fight, and you said no, oh no, i don't want to fight, i'll leave, that they would say OK, your now my friend.

...and this is where a lot of the money we make goes... to help aid all these troops and countries around the world... meanwhile, here in america, the national debt continues to reach numbers that we will never be able to fix, and the american dollar has continued to reach record lows on the trading market... where's the plan to fix that at? we are gonna be in debt to the world...

The American dollar is lower because our central bank has continued to lower interest rates to bail out bad investments by several major banks inside the united states and because not many people believe our central bank will raise rates in the near future.

Besides, a week dollar in a recession is better for the United States than a strong dollar.

For example

If a egg costs 1 dollar in the united states, and a egg costs 1 euro in germany, and the exchange ratio is 1 dollar to 2 euros, (strong dollar) then the german egg costs 50% less, and more people will want to buy german eggs. On the other hand, if the ratio was 2 dollars for every 1 euro (weak dollar) then more people will want to buy the US egg.

So, having a week dollar means it costs less for foreign investors to invest in america, which will in turn lessen the severity and longevity of the recession, if we have one.

we need to stop policing the world and become more concerned about the homefront... our country is in serious trouble and we need to realize that... and no, the serious problem isn't terrorism... we created terrorism... we funded terrorism... our serious problem is we have neglected our own country for the welfare of the world...

America has always been heavily involved in foreign interests. You fail to understand what america is. Its an idea that must be spread...

Secondly, America didn't create terrorism. It existed long before dirty arabs.
Skinny†
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jun 11 2008, 02:02 PM) [snapback]1447014[/snapback]

I don't understand why some people seem to think that if we retreated from the middle east that the terrorists would no longer have inspiration for their hatred of the west, and at the same time believe that the terrorists wouldn't be embolden by our retreat.

Maybe your Air Force should have considered this when they were sitting pulling dried poo out of the hairs on their arse while 3000 of their own citizens were blown up or crushed (9/11)?
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Jun 11 2008, 01:44 AM) [snapback]1447047[/snapback]

Maybe your Air Force should have considered this when they were sitting pulling dried poo out of the hairs on their arse while 3000 of their own citizens were blown up or crushed (9/11)?

You know, that was a pretty low shot there Skinny. Do you live in the US? No. So then stfu about our Air Force and what they did (or did not do) on 9/11. Although there are conspiracy theorists out there that will state time and again that we had advance knowledge, there was no way to mobilize our forces in time for what happened.

On another note regarding 9/11, I can pretty much say for certain that had the WTC been in China, or Russia, or India, that everything from Syria to Afghanistan would be a parking lot right now where nothing would grow for the next 250,000,000 years. So while I disagree with what's going on in Iraq right now, I think it's better than what could have happened after 9/11.

And skinny - if you were the US, what would you have done differently on that day? You have 4 planes 2 minutes away from crashing into major buildings in different parts of the country. How are you gonna get jets in the air (fueled, piloted, and armed) and shoot these planes down when you have NO proof beforehand that they are gonna crash into the WTC and/or Pentagon?
Skinny†
QUOTE(Leon Kennedy @ Jun 11 2008, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1447096[/snapback]
So then stfu about our Air Force and what they did (or did not do) on 9/11. Although there are conspiracy theorists out there that will state time and again that we had advance knowledge, there was no way to mobilize our forces in time for what happened.

None of that's ever stopped them before. The US Airforce had a 100% success record for stopping things like this, but somehow on September 11, they failed four times in one day, only for the outcome to coincedently benifit the government.

You know, that was a pretty low shot there Skinny.

It wasn't really a shot at your country. Hell, Australia was also under conservative administration at the time of the war, and our anti-union shitester of a Prime Minister supported the war and sent our troops over even though it didn't seem any terrorists were going to attack Australia.

Though I will admit Al Queda needs to be stopped before they spread their sexist ideals and religious extremism into Turkey, India ect. but I don't think blowing up half of Iraq and Alfganistan and allowing them to blow up part of your own country is a good way to tackle the problem.
Severus Snape
The US Airforce had a 100% success record for stopping things like this, but somehow on September 11, they failed four times in one day, only for the outcome to coincedently benifit the government.
Spoken like a conspiracy theorist. Explain to me how crashing planes into 3 buildings and a field in PA, simultaneously hurting the economy as well as killing 5,000 innocent people in one day, benefits our government?

Not to mention that there is no possible way the US Air Force could scramble jets that quickly after the 1st plane went into the WTC. Yes, our Air Force kicks ass, and yes, they are really good. But nobody is that good.

It wasn't really a shot at your country. Hell, Australia was also under conservative administration at the time of the war, and our anti-union shitester of a Prime Minister supported the war and sent our troops over even though it didn't seem any terrorists were going to attack Australia.

It didn't seem like terrorists were going to attack America, but it happened. I don't agree with the war, but I do support our troops. Poor kids are just following orders, and the thanks they get is dying for a government that doesn't care about them.

Though I will admit Al Queda needs to be stopped before they spread their sexist ideals and religious extremism into Turkey, India ect
More conspiracy theories? And who is to stop them from spreading these ideals? I admit that their methods aren't the best, but who is to say that they cannot practice how they want to practice? And if there are people out there stupid enough to convert, then let them be fucking stupid. This is a holy war that is being fought, and our country has no business being there.

I don't think blowing up half of Iraq and Alfganistan and allowing them to blow up part of your own country is a good way to tackle the problem.

Again, this is nothing more than a conspiracy theory. You have allowed yourself to become another one of the sheeple that listens to and obeys the media. And the media, as we all know, is completely censored by the government. You think that we allowed it to happen because you were told by the media that we allowed it to happen. What government would allow something like this to happen? Quit thinking in the linear robotic way that you have been programmed to think and allow yourself to think for yourself once in a while. You will see that the garbage you are spewing is robbing you (and society in general) of intelligence.
bOnEs
sure, he said that... they all say that... the fact is WE ARE building permanent bases there and in afghanistan, just like we do in every country we go into... we blow 'em up, build a base, and feed democracy to them...

I mean, come on. Its like saying that if a someone threatened you into a fight, and you said no, oh no, i don't want to fight, i'll leave, that they would say OK, your now my friend.

that's the reason why they fight us... we're invading their turf, their territory, their land... what do you think america would do if china decided to come over here and tell us how to live? they just want the western world to leave them alone... their sick of having our beliefs and democracy shoved down their throats... they're sick of our influence on the world... it's not like the terrorism is gonna stop if we pull out now... terrorism will never stop... that's the problem... we're fighting in a never-ending war... we should jsut pull out and live with it... because staying there isn't gonna help the problem either... the only way to stop terrorism is to declare marshall law... and GOD HELP US if that ever happens...
The American dollar is lower because our central bank has continued to lower interest rates to bail out bad investments by several major banks inside the united states and because not many people believe our central bank will raise rates in the near future.
i'm not too keen on economics so i'll take you word on that one... i'm just worried that if it gets any lower, other countries that have a lot of money invested in our country, like china, will call in their debt because of the fear of losing their investment... when that happens, there won't be any american fortune...
America has always been heavily involved in foreign interests. You fail to understand what america is. Its an idea that must be spread...

Secondly, America didn't create terrorism. It existed long before dirty arabs.

i agree america has always been involved in foreign interests... but, i never said we created terrorism... it's a known fact that we funded al-queada in afghanistan in the early 80's to combat the russians i believe... it's a known fact that we gave saddam lots of money to fight against iran... we give these "so called terrorists" money all the time... in a sense, we breed "modern" terrorism... and besides, terrorism is the perfect scapegoat to pass a bunch of bullshit laws to keep us under control... that's the whole plan... freedom act my ass... the "invasion act" is more appropriate...
Spoken like a conspiracy theorist. Explain to me how crashing planes into 3 buildings and a field in PA, simultaneously hurting the economy as well as killing 5,000 innocent people in one day, benefits our government?

it's not benefiting just our government by being able to pass these bogus laws... it's benefiting the world leader's who want to turn this world into a one-world governement... the new world order... yea, i said it... call me a conspiracy nut too...

america is the world's bully... when they (powers that be) need something done, they use america... lets see, how can we create a catastrophe that effects the entire world, and changes the way the world works? i know, lets give this guy bin laden millions of dollars to create his own terrorist cell... and when we're ready to move the "anti-privacy act" ahead, we'll tell him to blow up a couple buildings... no one will ever know... they'll all think we're using it to fight terrorism...

i am proud to be against the government... it's what our founding fathers wanted us to do... instead we look to the government for handouts all the time... we want them to solve all our problems so we can sit on our ass all day long watching american idol... we're giving the powers that be way too much power... and i'm afraid it's almost too late to do anything about it... this country was built with the sole purpose of the powers to be held by the states, with the federal side stepping in where needed... insted, the states continue to turn to the government to help with most of the problems... if you keep feeding the giant bear, it's only gonna get bigger...
Skinny†
QUOTE(Leon Kennedy @ Jun 12 2008, 12:27 AM) [snapback]1447115[/snapback]
The US Airforce had a 100% success record for stopping things like this, but somehow on September 11, they failed four times in one day, only for the outcome to coincedently benifit the government.

Not actualy our governments, but the Illuminati (obviousy who ever wants the new world order doesn't actualy call themselves that, but it's a familiar term) is the one benifiting from it by passing certain laws and uniting countries into continental unions. Obviously numerous people in free world governments are in on this since they now pretty much have the power to do whatever they want to you if they say it's for 'national security'.

It didn't seem like terrorists were going to attack America
Of coarse it did.

Poor kids are just following orders, and the thanks they get is dying for a government that doesn't care about them.

We spend all this time arguing, only to come out with the same point.

Though I will admit Al Queda needs to be stopped before they spread their sexist ideals and religious extremism into Turkey, India ect
More conspiracy theories?

It's not a conspiracy theory. That's the whole reason Al Queda exists...

I admit that their methods aren't the best, but who is to say that they cannot practice how they want to practice? And if there are people out there stupid enough to convert, then let them be fucking stupid.
Don't you understand that we can't? If Al Queda spreads sexist (suposedly 'religious') ideals into Turkey and Egypt, how long before laws like the ones in some Middle Eastern countries that forbid women to go out on the streets alone and with more than thier eyes covered by a robe are spread into northern Africa? If we let them spread into India, how long before we start seeing these ideals (and the youths preparing to blow themselves up) in the rest of Asia, then into the Pacific Islands and if given 30-40 years without being stopped, North America and the EU?

You have allowed yourself to become another one of the sheeple that listens to and obeys the media. And the media, as we all know, is completely censored by the government. You think that we allowed it to happen because you were told by the media that we allowed it to happen. What government would allow something like this to happen? Quit thinking in the linear robotic way that you have been programmed to think and allow yourself to think for yourself once in a while. You will see that the garbage you are spewing is robbing you (and society in general) of intelligence.

So, according to you, the media is being censored by the government AND spreading conspiracy theories? Makes perfect sense...

Hardcore Ottoman
First off, shut up aboout bullshit like the Illuminati. Second, you don't even have any evidence to even suggest your theory of an elite in the first place. That's what makes you so uncredible. Your reasoning stems from the way a man curses up at the sky convinced higher powers than him are screwing him over.

Your next two points don't really make much of the term 'retort' so I'll just ignore them for now.

Now for the part about Al Queda... what? Have you ever heard of the term slippery slope? Maybe if you did you wouldn't speak out of your ass like that. Kennedy's point is that its followers will never have the power to ever do what you believe will happen.

As for the last part, I'm having trouble understanding that logic as well. I will agree with him, you do follow shit so blindly. You think believing in such a baseless conspiracy is an eye-opener when in fact you are letting more people tell you what is true for yourself... your eyes are still closed.

That being said, let's get back on topic. I'm voting for no one. I would like to vote for Barack but he seems like a puppet; maybe he isn't but he definitely seems like a puppet to me. I won't vote for McCain because I don't understand how a man can experience war and then decide it's okay to further another one. I do not want someone who finds war necessary in even the most fucked up of situations.
Bain
QUOTE(Leon Kennedy @ Jun 4 2008, 10:15 AM) [snapback]1444842[/snapback]
His reasoning behind this, mainly, is that if we end up with a black man as president, then black people can no longer use the race card. Meaning, black people can no longer say that the white man is holding them back from being anything - Obama's presence in office would only prove that ANYBODY of ANY COLOR can make it in this country. Furthering this point of view would be that no black person could ever use slavery as an excuse for anything.

Thats bullshit. They would say hes not black enough, or he is the chess piece of the white man, or other things..............he would never end that. Even if Malcom X rose from the grave and becamse president it wouldnt die.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Leng Tch @ Jun 12 2008, 08:40 AM) [snapback]1447371[/snapback]
First off, shut up aboout bullshit like the Illuminati. Second, you don't even have any evidence to even suggest your theory of an elite in the first place. That's what makes you so uncredible. Your reasoning stems from the way a man curses up at the sky convinced higher powers than him are screwing him over.

explain to me why a lot of "free-world" leaders go through this yale university secret society... {click here}... numerous presidents and world leaders have been a part of this society... many CEO's of giant corporations, and religious leaders have gone through this society... why are so many worldly powerful people linked to such a secret group such as this? if that doesn't smell like a "new world order" thing to you, i don't think you'll ever believe in it... it's kinda like the "patriots" thing from MGS... a small group of men (small in the order compared to society) influence everything in this world... wars, treaties, laws, television, media, and such... not just their country but, other countries involved in the UN... the UN works as the world government... dictating policies and foreign affairs at the cost of lives and liberty, for their own personal agenda...

lol, it's hard to get back on topic now biggrin.gif...
Severus Snape
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2008, 11:46 AM) [snapback]1447413[/snapback]

explain to me why a lot of "free-world" leaders go through this yale university secret society... {click here}... numerous presidents and world leaders have been a part of this society... many CEO's of giant corporations, and religious leaders have gone through this society... why are so many worldly powerful people linked to such a secret group such as this? if that doesn't smell like a "new world order" thing to you, i don't think you'll ever believe in it... it's kinda like the "patriots" thing from MGS... a small group of men (small in the order compared to society) influence everything in this world... wars, treaties, laws, television, media, and such... not just their country but, other countries involved in the UN... the UN works as the world government... dictating policies and foreign affairs at the cost of lives and liberty, for their own personal agenda...

"Oh my god! They were all a part of this fraternity in college, and now they are gonna take over the world!" Please. Use your brains for a change.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Leon Kennedy @ Jun 12 2008, 01:02 PM) [snapback]1447417[/snapback]

"Oh my god! They were all a part of this fraternity in college, and now they are gonna take over the world!" Please. Use your brains for a change.

are you kidding me? that doesn't sound suspicious at all?... remember the 2004 election? george bush AND john kerry were both from the same fraternity (and the same decade nonetheless)... both basically were the same person... so, no matter who was elected, the exact same policies would of been carried out... how about you use your brain sometimes too...

yea, part of the same fraternity... they're drinking buddies then, huh? that's it?
check this list out then... {click me}... look at all the prominent names on that list...
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2008, 02:08 PM) [snapback]1447428[/snapback]

lol, it's hard to get back on topic now biggrin.gif ...

are you kidding me? that doesn't sound suspicious at all?... remember the 2004 election? george bush AND john kerry were both from the same fraternity (and the same decade nonetheless)... both basically were the same person... so, no matter who was elected, the exact same policies would of been carried out... how about you use your brain sometimes too...

yea, part of the same fraternity... they're drinking buddies then, huh? that's it?
check this list out then... {click me}... look at all the prominent names on that list...

Bush is in there because it is a family thing. He had to be a member. This organization doesn't do shit. All they do is try to steal skulls from historical figures... nothing more. Now, I would be surprised if Bush was a travelling man but that is not so, and so I don't believe your theory. Most of the Skulls and Bones is to help its members with jobs and wealthy positions, the Masons do it as well. It's the reason many petition to be one. Most of the power these people have is overblown.

Edit--Leon's post is a good corrollary. Read it.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2008, 01:08 PM) [snapback]1447428[/snapback]

Your logic is severely flawed. You want us all to believe that because a bunch of wealthy people who went to a privileged school and were inducted into a fraternity all long to take over the world? Ok, so what about Masons? Most wealthy figures in America's past were part of this group, and I don't recall them wanting to take over the world. What about every college football player? They are all in fraternities, and they aren't trying to take over the world.

Every sector of society, and in every wealth category, there are going to be different sects/cults/fraternities/etc. Those people who went to Yale and were in that particular group were in there because they had the opportunity to do so. They were born into wealth, went to the best schools, and because of their family heritage they were asked to join. If would be no different than if your entire family were members of the YMCA - you would more than likely join too.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Jun 11 2008, 06:44 AM) [snapback]1447047[/snapback]

Non-sequitor?
Loly Pop
It's all a conspiracy man....9/11 was a government set up *takes a drag on ciggaweed*

World Peace.
Nec
QUOTE(Loly Pop @ Jun 17 2008, 11:13 PM) [snapback]1448764[/snapback]
It's all a conspiracy man....9/11 was a government set up *takes a drag on ciggaweed*

World Peace.

Cheers.
Skinny†
QUOTE(Loly Pop @ Jun 17 2008, 11:13 PM) [snapback]1448764[/snapback]
World Peace.

You're right, I'm a stupid stoner for not wanting to see my friends, my family and eventualy my children die in a pointless war rolleyes.gif .
Juice
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jun 10 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1447014[/snapback]
the dems say they want a timetable for a withdrawl but, they're just talking about the number of troops in iraq...

If you want to get a really good laugh, read his plan to end the Iraq war which apparently no one in the media has bothered to read with anything remotely approaching a critical eye. It can be downloaded from here:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/IraqFactSheet.pdf

The following is from the bottom of page two of his plan to end the war. It makes crystal clear that Obama has no intention of ending the US occupation of Iraq:

Residual Force to Remain: Under the Obama plan, American troops may remain in Iraq or the region. These American troops will protect American diplomatic and military personnel in Iraq, and continue striking at al Qaeda in Iraq. If Iraq makes political progress and their security forces are not sectarian, we would also continue training the Iraqi Security Forces. In the event of an outbreak of genocide, we would reserve the right to intervene, with the international community, if that intervention was needed to provide civilians with a safehaven.

Note the hypocrisy. It’s typical of him. Just look at the way he makes speeches chastising black fathers. Obama has no problem criticizing black men. But, when Jeremiah Wright said some real shit and criticized White America, Obama went into his best Stepin Fetchit routine - holding press conferences to condemn Wright and even quitting his church to prove to Massa that he was a good boy.

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 9 2008, 03:31 PM) [snapback]1446520[/snapback]

to me, the party on the left is the party on the right... to me, i don't see much of a difference in obama or mccain... they may sound different but, they both have the same exact plan once they get in... extend the "war that will never end" and continue to sink our money into places it shouldn't be... we need to stop electing people like this... ron paul was a beeming light of hope... a man who ACTUALLY offered the change that obama claims he can offer... but no, people are interested in hearing the same person answer all the questions with another question... thus never answering the question in the first place...

our political season has turned into a hollywood affair... it's no longer about politics... it's about who can embarrass their opponent the most...

seriously, i don't think obama or mccain will make a good president... we've got the wrong 2 choices to choose from... oh how i yearn for a 3rd party like the libertarians to stand up against the big 2... i'm sick of dems and repubs... this country needs a new direction, not the same one re-hashed every four years because, all it's doing is sinking us further down the rabbit hole...

Real talk. It does not matter if you vote for Obama or McCain. Any Democrat or Republican that is seriously considered for presidency has no meaningful opinions or policies. What I mean by this, is that they have safe and moderate "opinions" differing barely enough so that the average moron can see a difference, but not enough to fulfill any sort of meaningful change in regard to the most pertinent issues effecting this country.

Good example: Both candidates have no problem pandering to AIPAC and reassuring Israel that the US will continue funding their mass murdering of Palestinians and planned attack on Iran. But, while Obama will agree that Iran is somehow a threat to the U.S. and will back Israel in every circumstance, McCain has made it clear that we will attack Iran if they continue their nuclear program. This creates a distinction, but anybody capable of individual political thought knows that these distinctions have little meaning.

This is because the large majority of American voters are sheep not capable of individual political thought. They need the TV to tell them what to believe. "Iran is bad." "Israel is good." And many of the people posting in this thread are good examples of the average American voter.

That's not to say that there weren't some serious candidates. The Democrats had Cynthia McKinney and Dennis Kucinich. The Republicans had Ron Paul. All of these people were of course quickly dismissed and forgotten. Some of them went independent. The only real "change" you will ever see in this country will come from a third party candidate. The trouble with this is that third party candidates can not win. Even in the unlikely event that a third party candidate won the popular vote, the electoral college would nullify the will of the people.

Where's the focus on poverty and economic inequality that McKinney and Kucinich offered? Where's the emphasis on raising minimum wages to a living wage and indexing it to inflation? All I hear are the same vague platitudes over and over again.
Hardcore Ottoman
As far as I know. A third party candidate has never won. Teddy got close under his Progressive ticket though, after Taft's bullshit. But, as I have said, I'm not voting.
Qdeathstar
does you want a cookie for not voting?
bOnEs
QUOTE(Juice @ Jun 20 2008, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1449454[/snapback]
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jun 10 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1447014[/snapback]

If you want to get a really good laugh, read his plan to end the Iraq war which apparently no one in the media has bothered to read with anything remotely approaching a critical eye. It can be downloaded from here:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/IraqFactSheet.pdf

The following is from the bottom of page two of his plan to end the war. It makes crystal clear that Obama has no intention of ending the US occupation of Iraq:

Residual Force to Remain: Under the Obama plan, American troops may remain in Iraq or the region. These American troops will protect American diplomatic and military personnel in Iraq, and continue striking at al Qaeda in Iraq. If Iraq makes political progress and their security forces are not sectarian, we would also continue training the Iraqi Security Forces. In the event of an outbreak of genocide, we would reserve the right to intervene, with the international community, if that intervention was needed to provide civilians with a safehaven.

Note the hypocrisy. Itís typical of him. Just look at the way he makes speeches chastising black fathers. Obama has no problem criticizing black men. But, when Jeremiah Wright said some real shit and criticized White America, Obama went into his best Stepin Fetchit routine - holding press conferences to condemn Wright and even quitting his church to prove to Massa that he was a good boy.

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 9 2008, 03:31 PM) [snapback]1446520[/snapback]

Real talk. It does not matter if you vote for Obama or McCain. Any Democrat or Republican that is seriously considered for presidency has no meaningful opinions or policies. What I mean by this, is that they have safe and moderate "opinions" differing barely enough so that the average moron can see a difference, but not enough to fulfill any sort of meaningful change in regard to the most pertinent issues effecting this country.

Good example: Both candidates have no problem pandering to AIPAC and reassuring Israel that the US will continue funding their mass murdering of Palestinians and planned attack on Iran. But, while Obama will agree that Iran is somehow a threat to the U.S. and will back Israel in every circumstance, McCain has made it clear that we will attack Iran if they continue their nuclear program. This creates a distinction, but anybody capable of individual political thought knows that these distinctions have little meaning.

This is because the large majority of American voters are sheep not capable of individual political thought. They need the TV to tell them what to believe. "Iran is bad." "Israel is good." And many of the people posting in this thread are good examples of the average American voter.

That's not to say that there weren't some serious candidates. The Democrats had Cynthia McKinney and Dennis Kucinich. The Republicans had Ron Paul. All of these people were of course quickly dismissed and forgotten. Some of them went independent. The only real "change" you will ever see in this country will come from a third party candidate. The trouble with this is that third party candidates can not win. Even in the unlikely event that a third party candidate won the popular vote, the electoral college would nullify the will of the people.

Where's the focus on poverty and economic inequality that McKinney and Kucinich offered? Where's the emphasis on raising minimum wages to a living wage and indexing it to inflation? All I hear are the same vague platitudes over and over again.

good post thumbup.gif... i was beginning to feel that my opinions were being tossed aside, just like a 3rd party contender... everyone seems to be stuck on the two party system... they seem to think that i sound like a conspiracy nut just because, i don't agree with what everyone hears in the news... the two parties own the news... literally... bought and paid for... it's time to open your eyes and your ears and really listen to mccain and obama... tell me they differ because, i haven't herd it yet...
Hitman540
McCain... no I do not like him. but he will be 10 times better then obama.
for one Obama is for change... WHAT CHANGE! IVE HEARD WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT CHANGE... then again i also heard somthing about change in 93 which didn't change...hmm weird. change change change.... ok obama we understand your for change but to me thats all you'll be leaving in my pocket once you tax me...
and 2. hes racist against white america. *oh here comes reverend wright again* no i am not bringing up Wright agin since he "Denounced" his affiliation with that church. no i'm going by what he has stated in speeches, "my grandmother is a typical white person..." ok senator obama so are you a typical black person? and what is a typical white person anyway?
too me he just reminds me of Steve Earkle.. when/if he becomes pres, he'll be standin there going "did i do that?"
in short: McCain-another Bush...BIG EFFIN DEAL!
as long as theres no terrorists over here flying OUR planes into OUR buildings, and them towelheads are over there fighting and not here. i'm happy.
all i am going to finnish saying here is McCain needs a good VP Candidate. cause lets face facts, not everyone will agree with his veiws..
1 more thing.. people keep raising the issue of his age.
...so. 70, 80 90? who the F cares... is he sane?? obviously or he wouldn't be running..and if he dies in office then so be it. thats what V.P's are for.
thanks for reading my rant. its my opinion. and i call it as i see it.

this is my reply in yahoo answers that i did a few days ago. this covers what i think of obama and McCain.

for the orignial page go here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_y...info-74UH2r2Faa

check out the youtube videos i posted in the answer as well.
Skinny†
What government would allow something like this to happen? Quit thinking in the linear robotic way that you have been programmed to think and allow yourself to think for yourself once in a while. You will see that the garbage you are spewing is robbing you (and society in general) of intelligence.

Your governemts explanation for the buildings collapsing was, the fire did it. How could fire collapse a steel building? It's not possible, or if it was, it would take alot of very hot fire, but there wasn't alot of fire. If you look at videos or pictures of the attack, you can see that there are only tiny flames, and these tiny flames collapsed a steel building, strong enough to withstand planes flying into them? Please. All the news tells you, is how bad Osama and Sadam are, but you never here of the scientific marvell, of how small flames collapsed this steel building.

If they had said 'there were also bombs in the world trade center, terrorists put them there' I would believe it. But that's not what they said. They never mentioned it. You'd think they would be investigating that, you'd think they would take every last bit of the debris and study it endlessly? What did they do? Sold the debris for scrap metal, or dumped them in the ocean. Is the governemt not the least bit curious, as to how Osama managed to tear down two buildings using only small flames? Doesn't anyone want to know how he did it?
SanFierro'NAM
as long as blacks are minority theyll always use the race card... think about it, even if obama does win the elections some blacks would say hes whiter than the white people. some blacks dont even consider him black because of his actions - which i find kinda funny since theyre now stereotyping thesmelves in a negative way. and even moreso, some blacks will admit that they think hes not running the country even if he is president of the united states. some blacks will come up with theories like whites indirectly running the country, etc etc. so voting for him will not eliminate the race card. the race card is instead eliminated by a strong leader who no longer tolerates shit from anybody.
Nec
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 27 2008, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1451146[/snapback]
What government would allow something like this to happen? Quit thinking in the linear robotic way that you have been programmed to think and allow yourself to think for yourself once in a while. You will see that the garbage you are spewing is robbing you (and society in general) of intelligence.

Your governemts explanation for the buildings collapsing was, the fire did it. How could fire collapse a steel building? It's not possible, or if it was, it would take alot of very hot fire, but there wasn't alot of fire. If you look at videos or pictures of the attack, you can see that there are only tiny flames, and these tiny flames collapsed a steel building, strong enough to withstand planes flying into them? Please. All the news tells you, is how bad Osama and Sadam are, but you never here of the scientific marvell, of how small flames collapsed this steel building.

If they had said 'there were also bombs in the world trade center, terrorists put them there' I would believe it. But that's not what they said. They never mentioned it. You'd think they would be investigating that, you'd think they would take every last bit of the debris and study it endlessly? What did they do? Sold the debris for scrap metal, or dumped them in the ocean. Is the governemt not the least bit curious, as to how Osama managed to tear down two buildings using only small flames? Doesn't anyone want to know how he did it?

Well, according to a number of explosive and demolition experts, the I beams all had markings of intentionally placed thermite charges - building demolition style. Also, one of the other buildings was demolished intentionally right after the Twin Towers collapsed. It was a planned demolition according to the guy who owns all that real estate. They decided to carry it out at that time apparently. He said in on PBS (public television) by accident apparently. Tasteless timing or intentional timing?
NIGGALICIOUS
Fuck McCain... I dont give a shit who wins as long as it isn't him.

I said no spamming. It's fine that you dislike McCain but that isn't any reason to spam the same thing in two topics.
Do it again and it's a warning.
-OPX
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Jackin @ Aug 8 2008, 09:58 AM) [snapback]1458410[/snapback]
Fuck McCain... I dont give a shit who wins as long as it isn't him.

I said no spamming. It's fine that you dislike McCain but that isn't any reason to spam the same thing in two topics.
Do it again and it's a warning.
-OPX

diespam.gif

On a serious note, why don't you (Jackin Cars) tell all of us WHY you don't like McCain. Is it because of his stance on foreign policy? Or because he's slinging mud at Obama? Why?
Skinny†
QUOTE(Holy Shit Girls On The Net @ Jun 28 2008, 12:21 PM) [snapback]1451311[/snapback]
QUOTE(No Shirt. No Shoes. FINAL DESTIN @ Jun 27 2008, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1451146[/snapback]

Well, according to a number of explosive and demolition experts, the I beams all had markings of intentionally placed thermite charges - building demolition style. Also, one of the other buildings was demolished intentionally right after the Twin Towers collapsed. It was a planned demolition according to the guy who owns all that real estate. They decided to carry it out at that time apparently. He said in on PBS (public television) by accident apparently. Tasteless timing or intentional timing?

You know, now that I think about it, it didn't look sloppy enough to be a poorly prepared controlled demolition.
Qdeathstar
only tiny flames? Dude.. what the fuck. Did you even watch any images whatsoever of the buildings after they are hit. They look like giant smoke stacks puffing out tons of black smoke. Their was so much smoke that you could see it on sattelite.

Skinny†
QUOTE(Sittin @ Aug 13 2008, 01:49 PM) [snapback]1459161[/snapback]
only tiny flames? Dude.. what the fuck. Did you even watch any images whatsoever of the buildings after they are hit. They look like giant smoke stacks puffing out tons of black smoke. Their was so much smoke that you could see it on sattelite.

Eh, I was talking about tower 7 (and I then said it couldn't havebeen a controlled demolition).
psychÝ
To be honest I couldn't really care if Obama is black or any of that shit, don't even really care what he stands for, the facts are the candidate going against him is 72 will probably die and then that psychobitch who doesn't believe in sex education, contraception, science, thinks the world is 10,000 years old, is a fucking idiot, has a 17 year old daughter who is pregnant for a Redneck Hick (yeah she is really in control of her family lets let her run the country), thinks it ok as long as they get married, the kid doesn't want to get married or have kids.

I mean really I am a conservative in the UK, which would technically and that is a massive technicality be comparable to the Republican party in the US, but I wouldn't vote for them, I would actually rather have Paris Hilton in charge than that bitch.

Would anyone like to give me a good reason for voting for the Republican party, because I am sure there is one and I am sure it will be countered by 10 other things that make it a shit idea.
Hardcore Ottoman
Hey, don't worry psycho because you don't live in America and you don't have to put up with this shit. Enjoy it for all it is worth.

This may be my third time saying this, I'm not voting this Presidential Election. I don't like any of the candidates or their running VPs.
psychÝ
QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Sep 8 2008, 09:18 PM) [snapback]1463641[/snapback]
Hey, don't worry psycho because you don't live in America and you don't have to put up with this shit. Enjoy it for all it is worth.

This may be my third time saying this, I'm not voting this Presidential Election. I don't like any of the candidates or their running VPs.

Yes you are you are voting for obama for me and the rest of the sane world!
Hardcore Ottoman
I would rather vote for a fully sane person. Not a sane puppet. Sorry, psycho.
psychÝ
QUOTE(King Midas Bitch! @ Sep 9 2008, 03:21 AM) [snapback]1463722[/snapback]
I would rather vote for a fully sane person. Not a sane puppet. Sorry, psycho.

Well you don't have a choice of that, you might as well vote for the option you prefer than end up with the one you didn't.

To be honest I don't see how the American system can be called democracy, you are voting for one of two people who have been brought, at least in the UK you are voting for a group of people who have a leader and there are lots of party who actually have a chance of getting some kind of power.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.