Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Toll Fee
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
JosephLive93
I found out if you go over a bridge that has a fee to cross, you can take a police car and make it free, but you still have to stop for the arm.
aye_rufus
I think this has been posted before. Any emergency vehicle will work, not just the police car.

And you can just smash through the arm, fuck it.
JosephLive93
Oh cause I think I've ran through the arm, and it got a star on me.
OptimumPx
QUOTE(JosephLive93 @ Jun 3 2008, 12:19 PM) [snapback]1444429[/snapback]
Oh cause I think I've ran through the arm, and it got a star on me.

Yes but it isn't very hard to lose the star on the bridge.

I've always found it odd that only those two bridges have tolls but none of the others do.
bOnEs
and if your crafty with navigation, you can find your way around the tolls too... lol, why is it just bohan that has the toll booths going to and from??... i would of guess there was toll booths going to alderney, not bohan...

can't you use any emergency service vehicle to get through? ambulances, fire trucks...
FuddMan
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Jun 3 2008, 05:28 PM) [snapback]1444433[/snapback]
I've always found it odd that only those two bridges have tolls but none of the others do.

I want to know why the airport car park has a toll booth when 1) there's about one metre of grass separating the road and the tarmac, making it stupidly easy to avoid and 2) there are parking ticket machines in the car parks anyway.

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 3 2008, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1444440[/snapback]
can't you use any emergency service vehicle to get through? ambulances, fire trucks...

Yep. As long as you have the siren on you can burst straight through toll booths without getting a wanted level. I've also been able to get through on bikes without paying a couple of times without getting a star.
GTA~BOSS
you could just go through really fast and they don't even see you you usally get lucky and the gate up so i just fly through no stars sometimes you do get a star
bouncing
If there's traffic, it's a gamble but you can shoot out your window before you get to the booth. It seems that the toll booth operators are too confused by the mass of hysterical driving to notice you also slipping through. That is if you don't get a warrant level from the original gunfire. smile.gif
XtRaVa
As long as lights are on as you go through it shouldnt matter that you smash through (dont think it matters anyway) - and yeah even if you smash through in a normal car and get a star, you'll lose it in seconds.

You can sometimes get through the barrier in a normal car without getting a star but its pretty random - it usually happens if you smash into the back of a car exactly as the pole lifts up and you smash your way through, or if you go around that car on its outside as its going through. Both of which have worked for me, but only intermittently.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
On the large spaghetti bridge linking Broker, Bohan and Algonquin with the toll booths on it there is a gap between the toll booths in the middle of the bridge, which you can slip through on a bike without obtaining a wanted level.
BRKS
The other day i had a 3 star wanted level. I was tryna escape teh cops so i went over the bridge. I bust through the toll booth and then my 3 star dissapeared and was replaced by a 1 star. I dont know if it works all the time but it could be usefull.
Jesseeast
I noticed it a while ago... Was going to post but didnt really mind since its just 5$ and wont help get any good cars through if you didnt wanna pay and dont wanna smash car...
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(BRKS @ Jun 3 2008, 07:21 PM) [snapback]1444635[/snapback]
The other day i had a 3 star wanted level. I was tryna escape teh cops so i went over the bridge. I bust through the toll booth and then my 3 star dissapeared and was replaced by a 1 star. I dont know if it works all the time but it could be usefull.

That is quite handy. Thanks.
BRKS

Like is said i dunno if it works all the time. Youll have to confirm it,
JosephLive93
QUOTE(BRKS @ Jun 4 2008, 12:06 PM) [snapback]1444802[/snapback]

Like is said i dunno if it works all the time. Youll have to confirm it,

Didn't quite work for me when I was in the middle of a mission.
Boss of GTA
The way i do it is someone have be in front of you and and arm have to be down.hit the guy till he break the arm and reversed and go through it,no star
Seeen
QUOTE(GTA~BOSS @ Jun 3 2008, 12:22 PM) [snapback]1444524[/snapback]
you could just go through really fast and they don't even see you you usally get lucky and the gate up so i just fly through no stars sometimes you do get a star

Fuck, have you EVER heard of using commas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.