Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Same boring races
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
bouncing
Doesn't racing around Middle Park with a Comet ever get boring?
DiO
Yes! Fucking Yes! Supercars on exaust fumes, drag kings, the middle park race or the star junction race are fucking boring. No skill, all you do it hold down the gas. My favs are Industrial Action, Thunder Road, and others with many tricky corners. And more variety too. I know vans are slow as fuck but its cool sometimes for teh lulz!
bouncing
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 3 2008, 01:03 AM) [snapback]1444309[/snapback]
Yes! Fucking Yes! Supercars on exaust fumes, drag kings, the middle park race or the star junction race are fucking boring. No skill, all you do it hold down the gas. My favs are Industrial Action, Thunder Road, and others with many tricky corners. And more variety too. I know vans are slow as fuck but its cool sometimes for teh lulz!

Oh, man, I *love* Industrial Action. I did it recently in the Huntley Sport and it was thoroughly challenging. We should find similar like-minded people and arrange races -- you're likely to get kicked if you take an existing game in that direction.
HongKongPhooey
I like crotch rocket races but theres allways those people that cant ride one. So they steal a car then start hiting the other racers, So i tryed doing a pickup race and what do you know people cant drive those either and they started stealing crotch rockets and lapping the trucks. Thats where i turned to my "personal nos trigger" and started shooting them in the face and throwing grenades at them.
asthenia
Oh god yes. I refuse to race if it's all super cars... Why not race in Gruppe 6's? Or Ambulances? The vehicles are all there for a reason... It's fucking GTA, not PGR or Forza.
Nec
I was in one where we raced fire trucks. That was f'n hilarious.
TrIgGeR HaPpY
yea, i totally agree, i had much more fun using the 4x4 vehicles, its much harder as you are likely to tip over. Super cars is too easy and the race isn't as competetive, if you make a mistake then thats it your fucked through out the rest of the race, but not with the other classes.
DiO
QUOTE(jesusdiceshoota @ Jun 3 2008, 11:27 AM) [snapback]1444402[/snapback]
So i tryed doing a pickup race and what do you know people cant drive those either and they started stealing crotch rockets and lapping the trucks.

The only problem with these classes. This is why you cant use them for a GTA Race. Just a conventional race.
NIGGALICIOUS
fuck super cars, I race everything but them, and fuck racing the same tracks with super cars

my favorite classes are muscle, 2 door, and police

i laugh when someone picks 2 door and everybody picks blista compact, i'm always the only one who picks the ruiner, and i leave everyone in the dust, ha, stupid ricers, even in video games they never learn, smh
DiO
Yah, im pretty sure even the Futo is faster than the Balista Compact. But yah, the Ruiner is awesome. I just think some may pick the Blista Compact because its a famillar name while all those other cars are new.
NIGGALICIOUS
Blista handles well and shit though.
mgc2372

yep i tried last night to race with trucks etc on industrial action.the 1st race i chose police vehicles and the other 4 stayed to the end.next i chose service vehicles on the same track and one of them quit after about 2 mins.3rd time i chose trucks and the other 3 left immediately.it was fun while it lasted.
bOnEs
damn, i wish i could race with something other than super cars... i want to race with mid-sizes like sentinels... and with full-size cars like the emperor... or even with cop cars and ambulances... how about an all-semi race? dump trucks anyone??

i guess i am gonna have to host my own race if we're to use those vehicles... like bouncing said, i am sick of racing with the comet... how are you suppose to enjoy GTA race when you can't even stop the turismo because it flew past you well before you had a chance to hit it...

GTA race should just be limited to everything but super cars...
grimface1987
Yeah im sick of racing the same tracks over and over again. Every time I go to GTA Race its supercars on exhaust fumes, taxiing or stars in your eyes. That's it. One time someone picked a helicopter race around algonquin and it was awesome!

Like the poster above said, if you want to race supercars round a city circuit, go play Project Gotham (i would if i wanted to race like that). But it's GTA! Lets race choppers round the map, or have point to point races, or go round bohan in vans or dukes in trucks! Let's race some muscle cars or cop cars or something different! Thats why Rockstar put them all in for the incredible variety and every time we race supercars!

PLEASE MIX IT UP!
DiO
I did a heli race the other day and I raped. I almost lapped someone. People cant fly for shit. rolleyes.gif
Nec
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 4 2008, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1445176[/snapback]
I did a heli race the other day and I raped. I almost lapped someone. People cant fly for shit. rolleyes.gif

I'll be the first to admit that I have a hard time with the helicopters. I am used to using rb/lb not rt/lt still, so I always fuck up. OPx is great at flying helicopters. I, on the other hand, kick ass on the motorcycles tongue.gif
grimface1987
I love flying the helicopters. I came 1st even after i mised a checkpoint and had to go back. It was in a Maverick as well with other players in Annihalators shooting at me!
bouncing
I found the helicopters a lot easier to fly in San Andreas. The fact that I will likely be using both R1/R2 and L1/L2 at the same time is hard to manage.
Ophis-
GTA Races are great too i find, but you get the one noob who puts supercars on, everyone crashes on the first corner and then its a complete firefight forever. Annoying.

I like the 2 door slower cars for races... more chance of catching up and theres more time racing side by side without the other person spinning out.
mwm
oh god yeah. i love helicopter races. i lkke muscle car races that takes mad skills its not just gas and turning, you gotta know how to drift and be good with the angles. also i saw somethin about firetrucks, that sounds fun as hell. im tired of playing fucking lambos porches and turismos, it gets old fast. besides, if you do GTA race, and your car blows up or w/e happens, you have no chance what so ever unless you find a civilian with a damn sultan rs
Indy
My favourites would be fine gentlemangio/Ice Cream truck/Biff and Helicopter. Intense racing!
NIGGALICIOUS
what the FUCK is a fine gentlemangio???? WTF??? Seriously? LMAO
Indy
lol, was meant to be f@ggio, stupid filters.
NIGGALICIOUS
oh lmao I was like wtf is that? I didn't remember seeing that lmao.
Linkin Parkinson's
I like the fine gentlemangio better than the Faggio.

But yeah it's like whenever I'm the host of a team deathmatch, I always choose the industrial park with rocket launchers, yeah I've been kicked a few times, I can't wait till I get a headset... whenever I'm about to get kicked I'm gonna snatch the fuck out of everyone's self esteem on some player haters ball type shit.
Ophis-
I hosted a 16player truck race the other night, I had 4 kids who all sounded identical high pitched screaming "put supercars on" i just told them to reload race again and they'd probably get what they wanted in another game... needles to say they stayed and it was the most chaos from a single race ever.

Bags of fun.

I propose a 'silly car racing society'
Samurai_tbag
Supercars = boring.

Vehicle: Sports, Muscle and Bikes.
Track: Round The Block
Weather: Rain
Time: Night
Weapons: All

That is the best race -ever-.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.