Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how come i dont hear people talking?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
craniumkick
ive never heard one person talking online with there mics is there something i need to turn on? or does it only work when someone calls you via the cellphone?
BRKS
I get the same thing. ( Apart from on Hangmans Noose, Deal Breaker and that other one). I only time i hear people speaking is on the Ready-Up Menu. Where the little voice icon turns white if they talk.
bouncing
I've found that the headsets aren't terribly useful, but I haven't done much in cooperative play, where they might be handy.

But actually, I have heard other people over the headsets. That was once I found a headset that actually works with the PS3, which is apparently a tall order.
smartian
is it actually worth using a wireless headset?...
I'v brought one, was looking forward to speaking with people online while playing in a team with them... but obviously if you guys aren't that keen then I'v probly wasted my money...
Ejay1000
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 18 2008, 10:49 AM) [snapback]1448811[/snapback]
I'v brought one, was looking forward to speaking with people online while playing in a team with them... but obviously if you guys aren't that keen then I'v probly wasted my money...

I use a bluetooth headset and find I have to, more often than not, restart the game and sometimes the console (PS3) everytime the host changes. It's a really pain!!! Plus the sound quality varies from poor to really poor and what you do hear is not normally worth the bother.(I use a Motorola headset btw and I've heard they have alot of issues and I would not advise anyone to buy one just to use with a Ps3)
NIGGALICIOUS
QUOTE(Ejay1000 @ Jun 18 2008, 03:34 PM) [snapback]1448870[/snapback]
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 18 2008, 10:49 AM) [snapback]1448811[/snapback]

I use a bluetooth headset and find I have to, more often than not, restart the game and sometimes the console (PS3) everytime the host changes. It's a really pain!!! Plus the sound quality varies from poor to really poor and what you do hear is not normally worth the bother.(I use a Motorola headset btw and I've heard they have alot of issues and I would not advise anyone to buy one just to use with a Ps3)

i have the same problem. If I leave a game or anything I have to restart my system to get it to work again, So I never use it anymore, Its a pain in the fucking ass
Linkin Parkinson's
Can I use computer headphones with a microphone? If so, how do I plug it in?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.