Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Mode
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
PhantomStranger
It seems people think free mode and deathmatch are the same thing. Why the fuck do you idiots have to shoot each other! If I'm lucky enough to become a host and turn FF off people leave. So why is this mode available? You can't kick the players. If you do no one else will vote because they don't care, they are too busy trying to kill you. Or the players take it personal and hunt you down the entire match. It the only mode that has good potential but I'm always playing with morons.
DuPz0r
It's all down to the way Rockstar have made the servers, and the settings with them. I think it would have been so much better if you coulld choose servers from a list, and review the settings before you get put straight into a game. Im not the only one, i know so many people think the same. Maybe r* will evaluate the way the servers are, and maybe if we're lucky, update them.

Freemode, in my opnion is basicly run about do what you like. So friendly fire is a do what you like thing. If you wanted to do what you like but no firing at each other, then there is a simple solution, create the server yourself, and wait for people to arrive on it..
Psy
Or join my or DuffMan's stunting games where there's not much shooting at all. In fact yesterday when we were trying the swing glitch, I set it to melee weapons only smile.gif.
apu2590
QUOTE(PhantomStranger @ Jun 2 2008, 02:11 PM) [snapback]1444046[/snapback]
It seems people think free mode and deathmatch are the same thing. Why the fuck do you idiots have to shoot each other! If I'm lucky enough to become a host and turn FF off people leave. So why is this mode available? You can't kick the players. If you do no one else will vote because they don't care, they are too busy trying to kill you. Or the players take it personal and hunt you down the entire match. It the only mode that has good potential but I'm always playing with morons.

Why dont you make it private and just invite your friends etc???
DiO
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Jun 2 2008, 09:57 AM) [snapback]1444051[/snapback]
It's all down to the way Rockstar have made the servers, and the settings with them. I think it would have been so much better if you coulld choose servers from a list, and review the settings before you get put straight into a game. Im not the only one, i know so many people think the same. Maybe r* will evaluate the way the servers are, and maybe if we're lucky, update them.

Yes! And we had a pretty good free-roam today.

LOL @ your mic.

QUOTE(Psy @ Jun 2 2008, 10:27 AM) [snapback]1444056[/snapback]
Or join my or DuffMan's stunting games where there's not much shooting at all. In fact yesterday when we were trying the swing glitch, I set it to melee weapons only smile.gif.

Your on xbox, plz die!

QUOTE(apu2590 @ Jun 2 2008, 01:04 PM) [snapback]1444102[/snapback]
QUOTE(PhantomStranger @ Jun 2 2008, 02:11 PM) [snapback]1444046[/snapback]

Why dont you make it private and just invite your friends etc???

Mabe he has no friends. mellow.gif
PhantomStranger
Mabe he has no friends. mellow.gif

I have you wink.gif

I have a few from my car club but they are rarely on
Ophis-
QUOTE(Psy @ Jun 2 2008, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1444056[/snapback]
Or join my or DuffMan's stunting games where there's not much shooting at all. In fact yesterday when we were trying the swing glitch, I set it to melee weapons only smile.gif .

I want to get in on the action!
bOnEs

damn you guys... i wanna join in but i got that damn PS3 machine...

i guess us PS'ers need to set something up like this one of these days... i wanna see like 16 IV.TV members all having blast roaming the city, causing chaos, with FF off...
smartian
FreeMode sounds like it is the best place to play a roleplaying type thing...if there was enough of you of course...

I'd like to do something like that, then maybe some of us could chill near a cafe or check out the city together...find some of gangs that we dont like and have a mini war...lol
all sorts...just use our imagination.

**where's the female players on there?** lol
Ejay1000
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 18 2008, 11:15 AM) [snapback]1448813[/snapback]
FreeMode sounds like it is the best place to play a roleplaying type thing...if there was enough of you of course...

I'd like to do something like that, then maybe some of us could chill near a cafe or check out the city together...find some of gangs that we dont like and have a mini war...lol

This sort of thing lasts about 5 sec before the bullet-fest starts. With no console dialogue, communication is limited to 2 or 3 phrases, a jump in the air, or the sounding of a horn (etc).Not the best basis for complex interaction. Best, I find, u can hope for is an invite to a social game.
Ophis-
QUOTE(Ejay1000 @ Jun 18 2008, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1448820[/snapback]

This sort of thing lasts about 5 sec before the bullet-fest starts. With no console dialogue, communication is limited to 2 or 3 phrases, a jump in the air, or the sounding of a horn (etc).Not the best basis for complex interaction. Best, I find, u can hope for is an invite to a social game.

Or you could use the microphone for online gaming? Kinda the point there.
smartian
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Jun 18 2008, 01:40 PM) [snapback]1448826[/snapback]

i take it you're talking about this comment - communication is limited to 2 or 3 phrases...
that was my idea...using a headset to speak with the guys that i could be playing with online.

thats if i could find enough people with heasets lol
Ejay1000
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 18 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1448838[/snapback]
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Jun 18 2008, 01:40 PM) [snapback]1448826[/snapback]

i take it you're talking about this comment - communication is limited to 2 or 3 phrases...
that was my idea...using a headset to speak with the guys that i could be playing with online.

You could... when you actually find somebody with one like you say, but then you tend to find you wish you'd stuck to the in-game " Hey there","how's it going"and the ever popular "Eat my d*#k !"when you hear some of the so called"chat" on-line.

Ophis-
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 18 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1448838[/snapback]

OH, well, you could have told me you were talking about PLN not XBL.

@ Ejay1000 - why a have you just quoted some posts?
Ejay1000
For the same reason you have, so you know to whom/what I am responding. Why do you think ? Besides your abit off subject with that comment try sticking to the point
Ophis-
QUOTE(Ejay1000 @ Jun 18 2008, 04:52 PM) [snapback]1448875[/snapback]
For the same reason you have, so you know to whom/what I am responding. Why do you think ? Besides your abit off subject with that comment try sticking to the point

First of all, you have ammended your post since i made that comment, when i typed out the question, you had quoted the posts with no reply of your own. Didn't take a genius to work out i had obvously read your post before you added the comment to the quotes.

Secondly, my post had as much to do with the topic as yours did. We were both on the subject about headsets which in turn, was a type of solution to the problem brought up in the very first post.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 18 2008, 06:15 AM) [snapback]1448813[/snapback]

I joined a Free Mode game which happened to be a bunch of 14 year olds "role playing". They were obeying the street lights, going to "jobs" and playing their own version of cops and robbers. I was off doing my own thing, but a car full of them going to the docks for "work" got in the way of one of my rockets... I've never heard screaming like that on XBL... you would have thought I killed them IRL. Then they all turned on me, mass manhunt. I ended up killing them all again and dipping out of the game... fine gentlemans.
Ejay1000
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 19 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1449118[/snapback]

I joined a Free Mode game which happened to be a bunch of 14 year olds "role playing". They were obeying the street lights, going to "jobs" and playing their own version of cops and robbers. I was off doing my own thing, but a car full of them going to the docks for "work" got in the way of one of my rockets... I've never heard screaming like that on XBL... you would have thought I killed them IRL. Then they all turned on me, mass manhunt. I ended up killing them all again and dipping out of the game... fine gentlemans.

I think I might have been tempted to let them get in the way of a rocket or two myself!!!I wonder what you have role on a 20 sided dice to have to get a job in the docks?? LOL.

@Liquidice- Fair enough, see what you mean
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Ejay1000 @ Jun 19 2008, 10:17 AM) [snapback]1449124[/snapback]

I think I might have been tempted to let them get in the way of a rocket or two myself!!!I wonder what you have role on a 20 sided dice to have to get a job in the docks?? LOL.

I wasn't really paying attention to them at first, but it was funny, one of them would communicate that it was time to go to work and then later on, someone would say, "I need an ambulance in Star Junction" and the "paramedic" would drive over and "heal" the person... I guess the only thing they were missing was the part where they could have sex with each other.
Ophis-
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 19 2008, 03:37 PM) [snapback]1449126[/snapback]

I wasn't really paying attention to them at first, but it was funny, one of them would communicate that it was time to go to work and then later on, someone would say, "I need an ambulance in Star Junction" and the "paramedic" would drive over and "heal" the person... I guess the only thing they were missing was the part where they could have sex with each other.

Talk about a modern way to play 'cars' when your a kid!!! I mean, im all for a little cop v robber chase in free roam but pretending to go to work and shit it dumb!!

I love my free roam mini games though, the ones that come jsut out of grudges aret he best.. when you flattern one person by mistake and that person ignores everyone else and travels the distance of the whole map to hunt just you down. haha.
smartian

actually, it may sound kinda sad, but i like the sound of that a little... how do you get the paramedic to help?...as the mobile doesn't allow you to dial 911 on MP...you can within the standard game...

Its all good and well pretending, but you'd really need to all be on wireless headsets, so you can call each other up.

I wana complete 'Hangmans Noose' but with loads of people!!!
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(smartian @ Jun 20 2008, 08:24 AM) [snapback]1449328[/snapback]
actually, it may sound kinda sad, but i like the sound of that a little... how do you get the paramedic to help?...as the mobile doesn't allow you to dial 911 on MP...you can within the standard game...

Its all good and well pretending, but you'd really need to all be on wireless headsets, so you can call each other up.

They were all on headsets. They were talking to each other the whole time. One person would be like, "Oh I'm going to work. Today I'm going to be a paramedic." Then they would go and get a ambulance and just drive around with the sirens on, go meet their friends wherever they were. They would drive around together in fast cars doing reenactments from Fast and the Furious races... I smashed a Trashmaster into one of their races, getting everyone all pissy as well. They would take group trips to the stripclub (there's no strippers in free mode, morons) and meet up at the golfclub, which you can't use either.

I'm 90% sure they were under 15, but it was hilarious when random people would drop in on the game and start calling the kids fine gentlemans. I say the majority of the room was involved in the roleplaying fine gentlemanfest, but there were a few people shitting in their roleplaying cereal. Hilarious times.

I only really go into Free Mode to fuck with people who are trying to stunt, race or roleplay. Now that I've beat the storyline, everyday in single player is practically Free Mode.

Edit: The word filter cracks me up. "fine gentlemanfest"
Harrop

Lol @ giddy fuckin role playin kids

Lol 070302buttsecks2.gif XD.png
Linkin Parkinson's
I would be fucking happy if I was in free mode with a bunch of kids roleplaying.
Ejay1000
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 4 2008, 05:32 PM) [snapback]1444872[/snapback]

damn you guys... i wanna join in but i got that damn PS3 machine...

i guess us PS'ers need to set something up like this one of these days... i wanna see like 16 IV.TV members all having blast roaming the city, causing chaos, with FF off...

Yes yes and we could skip through park and pick flowers and make daisey chains and sing songs of love n unity over our headsets and.....then again, I think I would sooner grenade your ass into oncoming traffic before pounding what what left into a greasy wet spot with a b ball bat . This is GTA4 not Second Life or The Smurfs Happy Happy Picnic Time. (LOL!!!).It does not matter how you set up Free roaming if you can be hurt you can be be killed and in this game someone always will (Ever been on a helicopter ride and the the guy fly'n just bales out!!!)

BTW-I'm just making apoint here I'm not actually threatening you lol!
Swinger
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 19 2008, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1449118[/snapback]
I've never heard screaming like that on XBL... you would have thought I killed them IRL. Then they all turned on me, mass manhunt. I ended up killing them all again and dipping out of the game... fine gentlemans.

HAHAHA!!!
Linkin Parkinson's
QUOTE(Psy @ Jun 2 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1444056[/snapback]
Or join my or DuffMan's stunting games where there's not much shooting at all. In fact yesterday when we were trying the swing glitch, I set it to melee weapons only smile.gif .

How do I join?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.