Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EliteXC on CBS
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
DiO
Watching it right now. So far there where 2 good knock outs. Some black guy knocked out some white guy. And Some brown guy knocked out Phil Beroni. <- That of which I enjoyed because Phil is a D-bag.

Kimbo is fighting later, I hope he gets knocked the fuck out. Hopefully he'll fight a real modern fighter this time and not a has-bin *cough*Abbot*cough* (I still love tank tho, hes just TOO old school)

Gina Corano's fight it coming up. <- Won Via TKO. The other girls face looked like a mushroon, ouch.
snf (11).gif

Aweosme fight. Scott Smith vs Robby Lawler. Ended in a no contest when Lawlwe accidently poked Scotts eye. In text here its loler'riffic but in reality its a real shame. They fight was going amazing and im a Smith fan after his win agains Pete Sell (FF to about 8 min if you so desire)

Kimbo Up next.

Kimbo was fighting James Thompson. Never heard of him before but he matched up well with Kimbo, what with Kimbo being a rookie. The had respectable wrestling and ground skills, a little sloppy. Kimbo was losing on the score cards but thanks to the worst case of cauliflower ear I have ever seen on Thompson, Kimbo was able to "pop" the ear. It was just bursting with blood. Kimbo doen't have much wrestling/jiu-jitsu skills along with bad cardio. He does however have good brawling skill and he is strong as hell. After the fight he said "I have much to learn and a long way to go". Thompson showed he is tough as hell, taking Kimbo's bombs without falling. All in all it was a decent fight but much like Brock Lesner, Kimbo isn't ready for main events.

So far EliteXC is pretty good but I still prefer UFC. EliteXC is too cheesey, trying to glam up MMA liEK its Pro-Wrestling.
nirvanafrik
Pro-Wrestling ? like wwe ? wwe sucks.
DiO
NO!

Its MMA. Im saying they are putting more show beating and producion with cheesey entrances and fireworks.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ May 31 2008, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1443686[/snapback]
NO!

Its MMA. Im saying they are putting more show beating and producion with cheesey entrances and fireworks.

Oh, so fighting like UFC but the cheesyness of the wwe?

I'm not really a big UFC watcher, but my friend watches it regularly.
DiO
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ May 31 2008, 11:14 PM) [snapback]1443698[/snapback]
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ May 31 2008, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1443686[/snapback]
NO!

Oh, so fighting like UFC but the cheesyness of the wwe?

I'm not really a big UFC watcher, but my friend watches it regularly.

Not as bad as WWE however. They just jazz it up a bit....needlessly. The announcers play up the fighters too much at times
bOnEs
i was disappointed with the "draw" match for the championship they were fighting for... lawler and smith... they should of allowed that match to continue... it was one of the better fights i've seen and, the judges ended it way too prematurely... smith's eye was just fine...

if CBS was looking for the match to help them out, that was it... instead of pumping up kimbo's non-existant legacy, they should of focused more on that match... that should of been the headliner... not the rookie's first REAL challenge...

i thought kimbo looked like a monster in that match... yea, he spent some time on his back, and he took at least 2 dozen elbows to the head while he was down in the second but, the man is tough... he reversed some locks by using his brute force, which i think could be the strongest ever in the sport, and he proved he can take a beating with all those elbows... when he got up after those, he didn't even look stunned or anything... he's got a high tolerance for pain... when he was in that headlock, thompson was trying to snap his neck because, kimbo wasn't gonna tap out... lol, and again, kimbo used his strength to get out of it...

really, he looks very promising but, he's got a ways to go... his conditioning needs a little more work because, he collapsed after the match was ruled over...

lol, that cauliflower ear was hilarious... when they were talking about that thompson dude, i was thinking that kimbo might have some trouble because thompson was a lot bigger... then when i saw that puss-ball, i knew eliteXC was trying to protect their future star... i mean come on, you knew kimbo's right was gonna bust that open and end the match sooner or later...
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 2 2008, 03:43 PM) [snapback]1444139[/snapback]
i was disappointed with the "draw" match for the championship they were fighting for... lawler and smith... they should of allowed that match to continue... it was one of the better fights i've seen and, the judges ended it way too prematurely... smith's eye was just fine...

Yah, that was bullshit. That fight was fantastic while it lasted.

if CBS was looking for the match to help them out, that was it... instead of pumping up kimbo's non-existant legacy, they should of focused more on that match... that should of been the headliner... not the rookie's first REAL challenge...
I could not agree more. How does a title fight with 2 established fighters not take precedence? But I think people are going to eat it up. Hell, I know they are.

i thought kimbo looked like a monster in that match... yea, he spent some time on his back, and he took at least 2 dozen elbows to the head while he was down in the second but, the man is tough... he reversed some locks by using his brute force, which i think could be the strongest ever in the sport, and he proved he can take a beating with all those elbows... when he got up after those, he didn't even look stunned or anything... he's got a high tolerance for pain... when he was in that headlock, thompson was trying to snap his neck because, kimbo wasn't gonna tap out... lol, and again, kimbo used his strength to get out of it...

I remember at one reversal Kimbo made flipping Thompson from side-control. I just had to lol at the announcers. They spouted something like "always thinking" pushing how MMA is a think mans game. Ture but not in this case. The also mentioned how Kimbo was working on his Jjiu-jitsu with Bas. This may be the case but this was no jiu-jitsu. Just as you said, brute strength. That and Thompson had his weight MUCH too shifted to the one side allowing the flip.

really, he looks very promising but, he's got a ways to go... his conditioning needs a little more work because, he collapsed after the match was ruled over...
Need more than a little work. But Kimbo really want to become a well rounded fighter. And I respect him for saying he has a lot to learn and not playing up the win. He might not have conditioning but he does have heart. No doubt he has good hands though, and hes fuckin' big.

lol, that cauliflower ear was hilarious... when they were talking about that thompson dude, i was thinking that kimbo might have some trouble because thompson was a lot bigger... then when i saw that puss-ball, i knew eliteXC was trying to protect their future star... i mean come on, you knew kimbo's right was gonna bust that open and end the match sooner or later...

Yah, they probably told him so aswell. Not that they needed too. Its pretty obivious. But hey, thats business.
Thrilla in Manila
why all the hate on WWE?
DiO
I don't hate it, I watch it. I was just saying they where adding more showmanship like the WWE. But others certianly have a problem with it. But thats another topic..........
Thrilla in Manila
I'm saying though even though the WWE is fake (not really "fake" but it's scripted) it's still awesome as fuck to watch... you don't need to see some nigga (The Rock) to roast the shit out of everyone, that's not wrestling.

Anyway Kimbo busted the fucking shit out of Thompson's face... I thought he was gonna lose but Kimbo just fucked his cauliflower ear the fuck up. If Kimbo gets his ground game up he's gonna be a monster in MMA.
DiO
With your saying scripted I think you may know as much about the wrestling business as I do. I do enjoy wrestling. Especially TNA. What they do in the ring is art.

And yah, once Kimbo becomes a well rounded fighter he will be HUGE (As in fame. Hes already huge physically). But I really think he shouldn't have another fight for at least a year. Or at least not one with such an audiance.
bOnEs
kimbo is fresh to this kind of fighting... he's not fighting street thugs anymore, he fighting the world's best... he does have the potential to do great things but, it's gonna take some time... he shows the flashes of a future superstar but, he's still got a ways to go..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.