Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Photography
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion
JoelManiac
Heres some of my photography. I hope to have a career in motorsport photography one day.

I use a Pentax K10D
asthenia
Fucking excellent, I love water photography, got a few shots myself that I still need to upload to DevART. The Pentax K10D is a great camera.
gamesjunkie
Great! I wish that I was 'artistic and creative'. I couldn't take a great picture to save my life. smile.gif
DiO
Dam those are good quality. I need a camera, IDK about spending a grand however. Awesome pictures too.
DonkeyTits
Those are epic shots! Great quality, interesting.

JoelManiac
Thanks everyone. Yeah i love water shots too, I will put a couple more photos up. Yeah the K10D is a great camera, noise, dynamic range and auto focus(back, foward focus) are problems but other then that a nice camera to use.
A grand will get you a basic camera like mine, they go up to about $10,000 for a Canon 1Ds and $60,000 for a Hassleblad. ph34r.gif

DiO
What kind of picture does a 60 thousand dollar camera take? ohmy.gif
Pieface
http://www.digitalrev.com/en/pentax-k100d-...s-kit-2066.html

Is that your camera? Cos that ain't no Grand. And if it is, and I get money, I might buy one, seem really great photo's compared to my 5MP £50 one
DiO
No, thats a Pentax K100D. He has a Pentax K10D.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-10-2MP-Digita...n/dp/B000IHN8AO

JoelManiac
Yeah thats it^
You will need some lens too.
I have a Sigma 70-300 f4.5-5.6 DG macro and a Pentax SMC 28-90mm f3.5-5.6.
Pez
brilliant photography mate, i love the water one! smile.gif
makes me wanna do photography now
JoelManiac
Thanks Man.
psychÝ
The first one is ok but doesn't have enough contrast on the background.

The second the focus is too far forward, meaning you have a great focus on a piece of wood but past about an inch on the lizard it is out of focus, and don't say that was the idea, because if it was you don't know what you are doing as the head should be the greatest focal point.

I quite like the bee that looks pretty good.

The last one is just unoriginal, I mean if I want a picture of water I will use Google.
JoelManiac
The second the focus is too far forward, meaning you have a great focus on a piece of wood but past about an inch on the lizard it is out of focus, and don't say that was the idea, because if it was you don't know what you are doing as the head should be the greatest focal point.
I was on the head, i just used small f/stop meaning the DOF was shallow because camera shake loves me. And it was the idea. Clearly you don't read or look at pros photography because they use f/1.4 lens and there is a couple of MM s in focus.

The last one is just unoriginal, I mean if I want a picture of water I will use Google.

Well lots of other are very interested in them and do them. It is not unoriginal. I didn't just go take a photo of water. rolleyes.gif

I think your just being picky. Your clearly don't know alot about photography? Or studied it?
I
psychÝ
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 2 2008, 11:40 AM) [snapback]1444002[/snapback]
I was on the head, i just used small f/stop meaning the DOF was shallow because camera shake loves me. And it was the idea. Clearly you don't read or look at pros photography because they use f/1.4 lens and there is a couple of MM s in focus.

I think your just being picky. Your clearly don't know alot about photography? Or studied it?
I

If you want me to be picky then the main focus of your work shouldn't be at the centre of the image, that would be being picky.

If you don't want criticisms don't post it.

I couldn't really care if that is what you wanted to do with the lizard as your main focal piece isn't at greatest resolution a piece of wood is.

Well lots of other are very interested in them and do them. It is not unoriginal. I didn't just go take a photo of water.
Yes it is unoriginal, look up the definition of the word, then there is the fact people just think it looks cool and is easy to do, so they do, something good is something few can do and few can replicate.
JoelManiac
I agree it shouldn't be in the middle. Maybe it's my monitor because from what i see the head is the main focal point.
But other side of the the lizard is supposed to be out of focus it's called Depth of Field. With macro glass it's unavoidable and is supposed to be like that.http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials...th-of-field.htm

Sorry i was a bit of a jerk. wink.gif
Indy
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 2 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]1444008[/snapback]
Yes it is unoriginal, look up the definition of the word, then there is the fact people just think it looks cool and is easy to do, so they do, something good is something few can do and few can replicate.

The more I read that, the stupider it sounds. Just because it's easy to do, doesn't mean its not good. That would just be ridiculous. It looks brilliant, and I reckon 9/10 people would agree. Sure it might be an overused shot, but that doesn't mean it isn't beautiful.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ Jun 2 2008, 04:45 PM) [snapback]1444082[/snapback]

The more I read that, the stupider it sounds. Just because it's easy to do, doesn't mean its not good. That would just be ridiculous. It looks brilliant, and I reckon 9/10 people would agree. Sure it might be an overused shot, but that doesn't mean it isn't beautiful.

But it isn't going to make you any money and therefore you will never be a proffesional photographer.
FuddMan
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 2 2008, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1444107[/snapback]

But it isn't going to make you any money and therefore you will never be a proffesional photographer.

I don't see this going up on dA as a print, or anywhere else for that matter?
DiO
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 2 2008, 01:18 PM) [snapback]1444107[/snapback]

IF you where to put it in a sig to blend it in the background it can do the same thing as a c4d render. It would look nice. And theres a higher level of appreciation if he took the image himself rathar than google'ing. Google is much easier than taking it yourself.
ctlfreak
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 2 2008, 07:25 PM) [snapback]1444226[/snapback]

IF you where to put it in a sig to blend it in the background it can do the same thing as a c4d render. It would look nice. And theres a higher level of appreciation if he took the image himself rathar than google'ing. Google is much easier than taking it yourself.

Agreed. Its a nice photo, atleast you're trying to do something and for that I applaud you. You do need to work on your creativity in shots. The shallow DOF is nice but I think the picture could have been better at a slightly different angle, perhaps closer to the branch and showing whats around the branch on the leftmost side or the upper third if you were to rotate the shot 90 degrees clockwise
bouncing
I like that the water one is red and sort of at an angle. Makes it sort of different.
JoelManiac
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 3 2008, 03:18 AM) [snapback]1444107[/snapback]

The point in me taking that photo is not to sell it. Also what has water photography got to do with motorsport? And are you also saying someone that works for a magazine takes some shots one day and doesn't decide to sell them, does that make them not pro?

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Jun 3 2008, 06:46 AM) [snapback]1444154[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 2 2008, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1444107[/snapback]

I don't see this going up on dA as a print, or anywhere else for that matter?

Don't know what you mean but know it's not going to go anywhere.

QUOTE(ctlfreak @ Jun 3 2008, 03:46 PM) [snapback]1444298[/snapback]
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 2 2008, 07:25 PM) [snapback]1444226[/snapback]

No i did not google it. Why would I? If you look at the ones in Google you will also see they are alot better.
Agreed. Its a nice photo, atleast you're trying to do something and for that I applaud you. You do need to work on your creativity in shots. The shallow DOF is nice but I think the picture could have been better at a slightly different angle, perhaps closer to the branch and showing whats around the branch on the leftmost side or the upper third if you were to rotate the shot 90 degrees clockwise

Thanks for the C&C.

QUOTE(bouncing @ Jun 3 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1444313[/snapback]
I like that the water one is red and sort of at an angle. Makes it sort of different.

Thanks.
braveheartofg
Yeh, trying to find a digital SLR cheap is nigh impossible dry.gif
Un-Amurikan Bastage
Those are some good shots. I like the bee. I'm a whore for nice photography biggrin.gif
TheAnalogKid2112
Unbelievable! Amazing photos, my friend. I have a shit camera. Good photos, shitty quality. You're definitely going to make it in the photo business.
Executioner
All of your photographs are good.

I loved the bee photograph.

Keep up the good work, you might become a pro photographer maybe? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.