Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R* Social Club Multiplayer Section Goes Live
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
Rockstar Games have today updated their Social Club with online leaderboards for all of the gametypes in GTA4. You can compare your stats with everyone else in the world and use various filters to help you find the data you're looking for. Most of it seems to be pretty much exactly the same as the multiplayer stats you can view in game, but if that's interesting to you, you'll probably find this fairly useful.
bOnEs
...there's nothing to do with it... either my browser sucks and wont allow me to click on links or, there really isn't anything there for me to click on... i don't get it, the social club seems like a waste of a website from my side... there is absolutely nothing for me to do there, there's no links except for the midnight club ad at the bottom... other than that, i can't do anything...

it pry has to do with the fact that i can't register my PSN account... so, i can't view any boards or do anything with the website... damn you R*, fix my f'n problem...
ezekiel 08
Works for me... What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14 with the latest Flash plug-in.

The Multiplayer section is just like the Xbox 360 leaderboard (and I assume PS3) under the 'Stats' menu. It loads really fast, which is nice as the 360 leaderboard loads much slower. The only crap thing is that you can compare your scores to your 'Friends List' from the 360. I like seeing how I match up to my friends, I don't care much for all the 100,000's of people I don't know, they are just a name to me. I'm currently level 6 with $518,334, yay happy.gif .

I must say the best feature is the "Race" menu, it makes it very quick and easy to see how many races there are overall and how many of them you won, and which ones you need to win for the "Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic" achievement. I need to win so many more it's not funny ohmy.gif .
CutThatCity
Works for me, pretty cool seeing as i always forget to look at my stats on the pause menu.
asthenia
I love the Multiplayer section.
Crippin211
all i wanna say is that i was playing this morning tryin to do some marathon work and i made my 400 miles in the taxi fares and it usually hasnt been updating @ ALL like for maybe 5 to 7 days later it would show up. So i went online to check it out see if they had multiplayer online yet and i go to the marathon's and it had already updated including the lil bit of swimming i had left to do I COULDNT BELIEVE IT IT WAS LIKE 15 MIN AFTER I TURNED IT OFF> I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES ARE THESE PROBLEMS FIXED?!?!?!?(Xbox360 my self) GT-"Crippin211"
ezekiel 08
QUOTE(Crippin211 @ May 30 2008, 10:31 AM) [snapback]1443051[/snapback]
all i wanna say is that i was playing this morning tryin to do some marathon work and i made my 400 miles in the taxi fares and it usually hasnt been updating @ ALL like for maybe 5 to 7 days later it would show up. So i went online to check it out see if they had multiplayer online yet and i go to the marathon's and it had already updated including the lil bit of swimming i had left to do I COULDNT BELIEVE IT IT WAS LIKE 15 MIN AFTER I TURNED IT OFF> I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES ARE THESE PROBLEMS FIXED?!?!?!?(Xbox360 my self) GT-"Crippin211"

Yeah, it seems so. For a while back there, both me and a friend were on 0% game completion even though the day before it said we were on 80-ish%. All me stats seem right so no problems now. Maybe it was 3 million people playing GTA IV that caused the slow down...

Thanks Rockstar for another awesome product! blush.gif
DuPz0r
QUOTE(ezekiel 08 @ May 28 2008, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1442512[/snapback]
Works for me... What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14 with the latest Flash plug-in.

The Multiplayer section is just like the Xbox 360 leaderboard (and I assume PS3) under the 'Stats' menu. It loads really fast, which is nice as the 360 leaderboard loads much slower. The only crap thing is that you can compare your scores to your 'Friends List' from the 360. I like seeing how I match up to my friends, I don't care much for all the 100,000's of people I don't know, they are just a name to me. I'm currently level 6 with $518,334, yay happy.gif .

I must say the best feature is the "Race" menu, it makes it very quick and easy to see how many races there are overall and how many of them you won, and which ones you need to win for the "Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic" achievement. I need to win so many more it's not funny ohmy.gif .

I think i have the same problem. You know when you highlight the different options, (i.e. the story gang, 100% club, hall of fame, and multiplayer boards.) it doesnt do anything when i click them. How do you access them?
bOnEs
QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ May 31 2008, 02:34 PM) [snapback]1443611[/snapback]
I think i have the same problem. You know when you highlight the different options, (i.e. the story gang, 100% club, hall of fame, and multiplayer boards.) it doesnt do anything when i click them. How do you access them?

yea, i wish someone would explain this one... i am using the latest firefox but, i still can't do anything with the SC... it's a waste of space and time for me... there's nothing to do there... no leaderboards, no GTA info, no nothing...
Snugy11
Im having a problem trying to access the leader board stuff. I dont have an account but it wont let me create one because it says sending to server for hours....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.