Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bike Helmets
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
Evil MindFrame
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet and I'm sure a few of you have noticed but there are 3 types of bike helmets you can use in the game, the most common one you get is the white American Flag one and the Least common is sadly the black one. The other is white and blue.

For those of you who don't know how to get a different helmet you just get off the bike and run around real quick and he will throw it off then try again until you get the one you desire.

I am trying to find a glitch that makes him take the helmet off quicker but so far the only thing I have discovered is that you can take it off like 2 seconds quicker if you press the action button near a hot dog vendor, if anyone figures out a good glitch for that post it up here plz.
JoelManiac
Is the black one you use the open face one that only covers the top of your head? I haven't got it yet i have only seen it on Little Jacob.
Evil MindFrame
QUOTE(!!Drifta!! @ May 28 2008, 03:38 AM) [snapback]1442364[/snapback]
Is the black one you use the open face one that only covers the top of your head? I haven't got it yet i have only seen it on Little Jacob.

No its a full helmet you can see in to the visor good though. I have never used a half helmet before.
The_Technician
you don't have to get on then off a bike to use the helmet, as stated in the 1st post, you only have to do that if you steal it.
if its parked he puts it on straight away

and if you don't wear it and pass a cop you get 1 star...
JoelManiac
Thanks or that info never come across it but I'm sure if i did i would be thinking WTF. biggrin.gif
PabloHoneyOle
It's lame that you can't keep the helmet on.

Special-Ed Niko.
bOnEs
QUOTE(The_Technician @ May 28 2008, 05:55 AM) [snapback]1442368[/snapback]
...and if you don't wear it and pass a cop you get 1 star...

really? i never noticed that before...
Canadianbacon123
QUOTE(The_Technician @ May 28 2008, 06:55 AM) [snapback]1442368[/snapback]
you don't have to get on then off a bike to use the helmet, as stated in the 1st post, you only have to do that if you steal it.
if its parked he puts it on straight away

and if you don't wear it and pass a cop you get 1 star...

thats funny, i've driven past plenty of cops without a helmet on and they haven't done anything
Albo
Yeah I've ridden beside em and nothin happened. If you noticed diff characters got diff helmets
like Packie has a dark green one, and some next girl that you can date she's blonde " Liberated Women " I think,
her helmets pink and its a half helmet.
GLC
i found a way to keep the helmet a little longer.if you keep pressing aim (l2 on ps3)he wont take it off.you have to keep pressing it every few seconds so its not a very good idea... as soon as you get in a car though it falls off mad.gif
braveheartofg
Anyone know you could get a stack of helmets?
Find a bike then park it somewhere. Get off the bike and wait for niko to drop the helmet. Then get back on and off in the same position. the helmets stack up and niko pulls helmets outta nowhere!
DiO
I wish you can keep them on or when he takes them off, throw them at people. There certianly a lot of objects I wish you could pick up in IV that out can't.
Jesseeast
My Nico never puts one on...
JoelManiac
You get on the bike then don't press anything. In a couple of seconds he should put one on.
Mekstizzle
QUOTE(Jesseeast @ Jun 2 2008, 05:33 AM) [snapback]1443934[/snapback]
My Nico never puts one on...

Same

QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 2 2008, 11:01 AM) [snapback]1443986[/snapback]
You get on the bike then don't press anything. In a couple of seconds he should put one on.

I'll try that
Ophis-
Does anyone actually know if the helmet helps? does he lose less health if hes wearing one etc?
§ynch
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Jun 2 2008, 04:07 AM) [snapback]1444006[/snapback]
Does anyone actually know if the helmet helps? does he lose less health if hes wearing one etc?

The helmet helps Niko to not lose health when crashing.
In other words, he will lose more health if crashing without the helmet.
Simply wait upon acquiring a bike for him to put a helmet on.
This will protect more in the event of an accident.

Niko does NOT get a wanted level, for not wearing a helmet.
Ophis-
QUOTE(§ynch @ Jun 2 2008, 12:46 PM) [snapback]1444018[/snapback]
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Jun 2 2008, 04:07 AM) [snapback]1444006[/snapback]

The helmet helps Niko to not lose health when crashing.
In other words, he will lose more health if crashing without the helmet.
Simply wait upon acquiring a bike for him to put a helmet on.
This will protect more in the event of an accident.

Niko does NOT get a wanted level, for not wearing a helmet.

You sound like a robot with your answer wrote out like that haha. I knew about the helmet i just never did any tests to see if there was much differance between crashing with or without one.
MyLittleFriend
I wish you could buy helmets instead of pulling them out of nowhere from the motorcycle, cause the black helmet is by far the best one in the game IMO
FuddMan
QUOTE(MyLittleFriend @ Jun 3 2008, 07:45 PM) [snapback]1444506[/snapback]
I wish you could buy helmets instead of pulling them out of nowhere from the motorcycle, cause the black helmet is by far the best one in the game IMO

I dunno. Bernie's pink one is pretty hot as well.
JoelManiac
They should put this one in a DLC or something. It's the best helmet i have ever seen.
AGV Rossi Gothic
MrMgoo
QUOTE(PabloHoneyOle @ May 28 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]1442444[/snapback]
It's lame that you can't keep the helmet on.

Special-Ed Niko.

If you want to keep the helmet on as lon as possible, whilst running just do a little jump every so often and it should stay on, but be aware...as soon as you enter a vehicle it will immediatley dissapear smile.gif
Marney1
I like my helmet to be all shiney and pink.
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 17 2009, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1518400[/snapback]
I like my helmet to be all shiney and pink.

funny !! (me 2)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.