Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: downloadable stuff
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
ppe1700
are we waiting for an update?
if we are then it had better be free. there is no way im paying out more money for any game after already buying it at a premium. COD4 extra maps cost 800 credits. thats like £6-£7 or $12-14 ? i paid £34 for my cod4 disc, there is no way im making that up to over £40
some people in the uk paid £49.99 for their gta4 game. that would have equated to over $100 not so long ago. i think its extortionate to then release an update to buy. i simply wont do it. end of story lol. ive got bills etc to pay for :/
does anyone agree on this or am i a tight ass
Skinny†
QUOTE(ppe1700 @ May 27 2008, 10:50 PM) [snapback]1442033[/snapback]
are we waiting for an update?
if we are then it had better be free. there is no way im paying out more money for any game after already buying it at a premium. COD4 extra maps cost 800 credits. thats like £6-£7 or $12-14 ? i paid £34 for my cod4 disc, there is no way im making that up to over £40
some people in the uk paid £49.99 for their gta4 game. that would have equated to over $100 not so long ago. i think its extortionate to then release an update to buy. i simply wont do it. end of story lol. ive got bills etc to pay for :/
does anyone agree on this or am i a tight ass

I agree that they shouldn't make us pay full price for a virtualy empty game then make us pay extra to have something fun in it.

I think the DLC is being released in August...
TrIgGeR HaPpY
It should be free, how much more money do R* want.
Harrop
QUOTE(TrIgGeR HaPpY @ May 28 2008, 09:28 AM) [snapback]1442344[/snapback]

I know yeah, somehow they are not content with the $500m+ they have already made !!!
ppe1700
but its not just r*, the people who made COD4 are charging 800 microsoft credits for 4 extra online maps. and other games like forza want you to buy extra cars, which im sure are just skins anyway lol

if only linux made a console?!?!! hehe
CutThatCity
I dont see rockstar simply giving out stuff they've worked on and they know thousands of people will buy for free. They're not stupid.
ppe1700
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ May 28 2008, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1442573[/snapback]
I dont see rockstar simply giving out stuff they've worked on and they know thousands of people will buy for free. They're not stupid.

me neither. they arnt stupid, but this whole thing of forcing consumers to buy extras this way is.
FuddMan
Depending on how much there actually is, I think I'd be willing to pay 1200 MSP for each episodic content pack, which is about £10 a piece. But, for that, I'd expect new cars, new clothes, plenty of new missions (including new co-op ones), new achievements to aim for and possibly some gamer pictures/themes to show off with.
Harrop
QUOTE(DuffMan @ May 30 2008, 04:32 PM) [snapback]1443249[/snapback]
Depending on how much there actually is, I think I'd be willing to pay 1200 MSP for each episodic content pack, which is about £10 a piece. But, for that, I'd expect new cars, new clothes, plenty of new missions (including new co-op ones), new achievements to aim for and possibly some gamer pictures/themes to show off with.

I agree there's no way im paying any more than 1200 MSP unless its got alot of stuff that should have been in the game anyway like the funfair, gloves, more clothes and hopefully some more music or a new radio station coz the ones that are on there now are fuckin wank !

Off Topic a little bit, have you seen that Penny Arcade game on Live Marketplace, who in their right mind is gonna pay 1800 MSP for an arcade game especially one has shit as that !!! and its only episode 1 so there gonna try and rob you of another £18 for episode 2, I don't think so some how !!! huh.gif unsure.gif blink.gif
ppe1700
i personally think your on crack for even contemplating paying 1200 msp. that would total £60 for gta4 ~ <$120. senseless.
FuddMan
QUOTE(ppe1700 @ May 30 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1443259[/snapback]
i personally think your on crack for even contemplating paying 1200 msp. that would total £60 for gta4 ~ <$120. senseless.

Well thanks for that, but I think everything I mentioned is worth £10 on top of the £40 I've paid for this game, which has lasted nearly 100 hours for me now. If you're too poor or too stupid to see that then that's your problem, not mine. It's my money.
ppe1700
QUOTE(DuffMan @ May 30 2008, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1443263[/snapback]

Well thanks for that, but I think everything I mentioned is worth £10 on top of the £40 I've paid for this game, which has lasted nearly 100 hours for me now. If you're too poor or too stupid to see that then that's your problem, not mine. It's my money.

your right, its your money you can throw it away as you please. but if everyone thought like you then brittons will continue to get raped for everything. and you posting that message - if a game designer reads that, it will only encourage them to do this sort of thing.
i would rather spend my money on stuff that counts, like investing it away, or mods for the motor, im off to vegas in 2 weeks so im still keeping money aside for that. i have tuition fees to pay for as well which are going to cost well over £3000 for a set of modules.
if gaming consoles is your life and its all you do i suppose that is a good enough excuse to keep throwing money at it.
what about the students, and kids that have xbox consoles. if i was at school i would barely be able to afford the £39 xbox live fee... microsoft are the worlds biggest earners. the income they take is beyond mosts imagination but this is a different topic.
i really do feel sorry for the 16 year olds and similar ages. when i was that age i played a lot of computer games. now i know gta is over 18, but we know they still play it. but if gaming like this is only going to be of benefit to people who have money to spare at throwing extras away at games like this then they are going to be dissapointed. consoles, and games to these are usually gifts and you can see what im getting at.
FuddMan
QUOTE(ppe1700 @ May 30 2008, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1443277[/snapback]

your right, its your money you can throw it away as you please. but if everyone thought like you then brittons will continue to get raped for everything. and you posting that message - if a game designer reads that, it will only encourage them to do this sort of thing.
i would rather spend my money on stuff that counts, like investing it away, or mods for the motor, im off to vegas in 2 weeks so im still keeping money aside for that. i have tuition fees to pay for as well which are going to cost well over £3000 for a set of modules.
if gaming consoles is your life and its all you do i suppose that is a good enough excuse to keep throwing money at it.
what about the students, and kids that have xbox consoles. if i was at school i would barely be able to afford the £39 xbox live fee... microsoft are the worlds biggest earners. the income they take is beyond mosts imagination but this is a different topic.
i really do feel sorry for the 16 year olds and similar ages. when i was that age i played a lot of computer games. now i know gta is over 18, but we know they still play it. but if gaming like this is only going to be of benefit to people who have money to spare at throwing extras away at games like this then they are going to be dissapointed. consoles, and games to these are usually gifts and you can see what im getting at.

Again, your problems aren't my problems, so I really don't care. I'm willing to pay £10 for something that I believe is worth £10. If you don't, then that's fine, but saying I'm "on crack" for believing that is out of order.
TrIgGeR HaPpY
But the content would become free over time wouldn't it.
FuddMan
QUOTE(TrIgGeR HaPpY @ May 30 2008, 06:31 PM) [snapback]1443291[/snapback]
But the content would become free over time wouldn't it.

Not necessarily. It might do, but it probably won't. There are still some 800 MSP content packs for launch games on the Marketplace.
aye_rufus
QUOTE(DuffMan @ May 30 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]1443288[/snapback]
Again, your problems aren't my problems, so I really don't care. I'm willing to pay £10 for something that I believe is worth £10. If you don't, then that's fine, but saying I'm "on crack" for believing that is out of order.

I agree. I'm sure the DLC will be reasonably priced considering what is included. It would be nice if it was available as one lump package and piece by piece; that way people who can afford the total package get it all and "poor kids" and people who only want certain features of the DLC will be satisfied.

It's very difficult to speculate without knowing the content of the DLC. No matter what it is, people are still going to complain.
ppe1700
QUOTE(DuffMan @ May 30 2008, 06:06 PM) [snapback]1443288[/snapback]
QUOTE(ppe1700 @ May 30 2008, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1443277[/snapback]

i never said my problems were yours or vice versa. you seem to be missing the point. if your willing to keep forking out thats your decision, but im saying they shouldnt be making us have to. and im standing up for my right not to buy these extras at an expense i feel is unjustified. and anyone who pays £40, then eagerly pays out again and again is on some sort of drugs. how much money do they want?
and its not just poor kids. what about kids who's parents have passed on? there are plenty of single parents because of this, and its not just that.
aye_rufus
QUOTE(ppe1700 @ May 30 2008, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1443312[/snapback]
and its not just poor kids. what about kids who's parents have passed on? there are plenty of single parents because of this, and its not just that.

DLC should be free to kids who have lost a parent to violent circumstances.

No one is forcing you to purchase the DLC, the money you've already paid for is for the GTA4 disc, case and manual. If you wish to expand upon your initial purchase and take the game past what you originally paid for, the DLC will be available for you to buy.

DLC is the same as buying an expansion pack for another game (only 3 days til Kane's Wrath for C&C:3). It's taking the game to another level, in another direction, hours of more gameplay, and for that my friend, you must pay.

FuddMan
QUOTE(ppe1700 @ May 30 2008, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1443312[/snapback]
i never said my problems were yours or vice versa. you seem to be missing the point. if your willing to keep forking out thats your decision, but im saying they shouldnt be making us have to. and im standing up for my right not to buy these extras at an expense i feel is unjustified. and anyone who pays £40, then eagerly pays out again and again is on some sort of drugs. how much money do they want?

Okay then, don't buy them, but don't criticise others for wanting to expand their game. GTA4 alone, in my opinion, is worth at least twice its retail price. No other game has lasted me more than 100 hours without me hating the game at some point. These days you're lucky if you can get 10 hours out of a campaign. So I've got more than my money's worth, and I want more of it, and I'm willing to pay for it. These companies don't get to where they are by handing shit out for free.
The_Technician
QUOTE(ppe1700 @ May 31 2008, 02:36 AM) [snapback]1443277[/snapback]
your right, its your money you can throw it away as you please. but if everyone thought like you then brittons will continue to get raped for everything.

I'm british, but i live in Aus...and the games here are the most expensive in the world, just because peopl here are willin to pay for them. even the kiddies games are $90+...it's a ripoff. GTA was $120 when it came out, but less than 2 weeks after release it was available for $95...senseless

i'd say that over here, the DLC will cost around $20-$30...

and it had better be good...I WANT TO BE ABLE TO BUY THINGS! An Immigrant with $700,000+ is not going to be happy with the ability to buy a few weapons and clothes. i want to be able to buy cars, apartments, actual meals (not just hotdogs and soda), and other stuff that will be fun.

SA was more of a life simulator that IV is....and that was made nearly 5 years ago...
JoelManiac
We should never have to pay for DLCs IMO. Yeah sure they have to develop more things for the game but in all it's just the game maker squeezing extra $ out of you into there pocket. I have never bought a DLC or had more the 200 MS points. It will have to be a good one for me to download.
MangoPandemic
I'll end up paying for the DLC even if it costs me my soul ending up in eternal damnation. I'm terrible with money, and to get GTA IV in the first place I ended up paying £58, due to a not so pleasant mix up with Game losing all records of my preorder (despite having a receipt) and so only selling me a copy of the game when bought with the strategy guide. Boy, they saw me coming.
grimface1987
QUOTE(The_Technician @ Jun 1 2008, 02:54 PM) [snapback]1443709[/snapback]
I'm british, but i live in Aus...and the games here are the most expensive in the world, just because peopl here are willin to pay for them. even the kiddies games are $90+...it's a ripoff. GTA was $120 when it came out, but less than 2 weeks after release it was available for $95...senseless

After I'd collected my preordered copy (on release day), I saw it advertised on the net for $84 at JB HiFi and $78 at Big W! I mean, come on!
yadoso
QUOTE(TrIgGeR HaPpY @ May 28 2008, 04:28 AM) [snapback]1442344[/snapback]

Yeah, not like you need a constant stream of money to keep a corporation running. I mean, it's not like Rockstar has employees to pay, bills, taxes, development costs, advertising fees, manufacturing costs, or lawsuit costs. Nope, running an international corporation is a free ride.

Think economically, not personally.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.