Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any hints on where the next GTA game would take place?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Caliph
Ive been going through several youtube videos and came across this...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N71h-uaBw8k

If you notice halfway through the conversation, they speak about Dubai. Now I know Ive mentioned this before as an ultimate next-GTA destination and I still stand by what I say. Dubai would make for an incredible city; anyone who's been there would know what Im talking about.
ppe1700
QUOTE(Caliph @ May 27 2008, 01:26 AM) [snapback]1441842[/snapback]
Ive been going through several youtube videos and came across this...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N71h-uaBw8k

If you notice halfway through the conversation, they speak about Dubai. Now I know Ive mentioned this before as an ultimate next-GTA destination and I still stand by what I say. Dubai would make for an incredible city; anyone who's been there would know what Im talking about.

i would like to see it done in london. wink.gif
Caliph
^I personally dont mind London, anything outside America.
NIKO_BELLIC
i would prefer dubai much more.
bouncing
Dubai would introduce an obvious language barrier. And what about all the GTA-style humor (burger shot, babies-over-night, etc) -- would it still be there?
Skinny 
QUOTE(bouncing @ May 29 2008, 07:55 AM) [snapback]1442625[/snapback]
Dubai would introduce an obvious language barrier. And what about all the GTA-style humor (burger shot, babies-over-night, etc) -- would it still be there?

That's why GTA should stay in an English speaking country.
JoelManiac
Why does Australia get left out of every single game? Do it in Sydney or Surfers Paradise or something. I have been gaming for about 10 years and have seen Australia in one game PGR2.
ViceMan
As i've said before, i'm pretty confident R* will stick to the USA since they know the culture so well. Other countries have different attitudes towards different things, the US is in the public eye every day, whether it be in the news, TV shows, or other media, so it's easy for people to relate to.

That said I wouldn't mind base jumping off of R*s version of the Burj Dubai. cool.gif
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 29 2008, 09:23 AM) [snapback]1442844[/snapback]
As i've said before, i'm pretty confident R* will stick to the USA since they know the culture so well. Other countries have different attitudes towards different things, the US is in the public eye every day, whether it be in the news, TV shows, or other media, so it's easy for people to relate to.

That said I wouldn't mind base jumping off of R*s version of the Burj Dubai. cool.gif

^ Pretty much, the US is such an easy target.
Skippy Sigmatic
If they could stretch outside of the US, it would be really cool for it to take place in a South American city, namely Mexico City. That would give them room for a LOT of detail, and it would be at least a little more believable for all of the crime in the city. But I'm thinking they are going to stay in the US, and probably a different region than before. So either the south or central US. Dallas or Atlanta, maybe.

And its very possible they will make a more fictional city.

EDIT: New Orleans would allow for a lot of detail.
PabloHoneyOle
New Orleans would be great. The city has a rich history and diversity, plus the recent events of Katrina would make a great backdrop for a dark storyline. I don't know that it would work, but it's a great suggestion.

As far as Dubai, I heard narcotics were TOTALLY illegal there, like you can't even have them in your blood. I think drugs are a foundation of GTA, so I don't know...
w/cheese
some place where they could make it snow would be nice. I think thatd be kind of cool. chicago/upper midwest perhaps?
Skinny 
QUOTE(w/cheese @ May 30 2008, 11:09 AM) [snapback]1443054[/snapback]
some place where they could make it snow would be nice. I think thatd be kind of cool. chicago/upper midwest perhaps?

No, it wouldlook and feel exactly the same as Liberty.

I fail to see the big atraction with snow. We had it in SA and it was nothing special.
JoelManiac
Snow in SA??
I would actually like to see a bit but it only happened rarely like once a week.
FuddMan
Dubai would be brilliant, actually. A lot of wealthy English-speaking people migrate there to avoid paying tax. The cities look great and there are plenty of nice cars, with open highways to cruise along. I could see it working, or at least I could see it being a lot better than some other places people are suggesting... the only downside is that it's hardly infested with criminals...but then again, the ingame version doesn't have to be exactly like the real place, so it would be possible.
Caliph
^Dubai is well-known for being built on the basis of illegal money, especially in some areas. There are prostitutes, drugs, Russian Mobs, you-name-it. Also, I dont think the language barrier is a big deal since the country is full of expatriates from Britain and across the world. Moreover, Niko was speaking English with his cousin instead of his native language so I cant see why English couldnt be spoken by the main characters even if it was taking place at an Arabic setting.
Dampkring
Dubai would be an awesome location for GTA. Especially even more so now since all the construction that has happened recently. It includes the new tallest building in the world, which is still under construction. Check out this link for pictures and info on Dubai. : http://www.thetravelgallery.com/dubai.htm

Now who wouldn't want to play GTA in that city???? I KNOW I would!
w/cheese
as far as size, how does dubai compare to new york? it seems ridiculously massive..
Dampkring
QUOTE(w/cheese @ Jun 2 2008, 09:36 PM) [snapback]1444239[/snapback]
as far as size, how does dubai compare to new york? it seems ridiculously massive..

-New York State covers 141,299 km˛
-New York City's total area is 1,214.4 km˛. (414.09 km˛ of this is water and 831 km˛ is land)

-The Dubai emirate covers around 3,900.3 km˛
-Dubai City itself is roughly 35.8 km˛ (not sure the land/water ratio but it is probably pretty high considering there is a river running through it)

Dubai City, as it stands now, is way smaller than New York City. The United States is fucking huge man. Big cities! Dubai is still a baby city, too. All that shit has been built since 1990. At this rate the entire land area will be a city soon! The city itself now isn't that big in terms of area, but has a ton of stuff packed in. Wikipedia it if you're interested, it is a really fucking awesome city. Even if it is smaller in real life, it could easily be made to "feel" as big as New York City in a video game.
kingk
Maybe its gonna be in Carcer city.In the games there always talkin bout carcer city bein right next to Liberty.Maybe in the next gta they will that city or have u tavel from carcer to liberty back in forth like san andreas was with Los santos,san fierro,and las venturras
TwoFacedTanner
Dubai wouldn't be bad. Hell, it'd be better than Japan.

This picture is just amazing.

I like the atmosphere in that picture. Its bright and everything.
The next GTA could work there, but I doubt it will be.
kingk
If u think bout how GTA has ben goin .The next gta might a side story like Vice city and San Andreas with ery thing gta 4 has

and more.R* left alot out from gta 4 that previous games had.Hopefully they will bring back certain things like ownin businesses

to make money,houses with garages,car modifications,drug use,gangs and gang wars,parachutes,planes,swimmin under water,

robbin stores,etc ery thin from the previous games.
FireGod
^ I could enjoy that type city scape, I think it will be in US again,tho.
Dampkring
They have never used a "real" city name, so theoretically it can be based on any city in the world.

That being said.. just because the city isn't in America in real life doesn't mean it can't be there in the game, right? Now if they use Dubai as a model city and turn it into Dubaimerica or something just changing the name and turning it into an Americanized city, it would work, lol. They should totally use Dubai as a model city, haha!! thumbup.gif
NIGGALICIOUS
I would love to see Mexico.

Also another Vice City, but updated and modern, with swamps and ghettos. Dade county anyone??? Chevy impalas ridin on 26's, gang banging, shoot outs, etc, 4 wheelers, dirtbikes, if u dont get what I mean check this video out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vdRtJ6nJpHo&feature=related

Awesome city for next GTA game. This is just part of what would be in the game. Miami area is so diverse, and it could be made way better with 360 and ps3. Actual swamp areas, with boats and jet skis and shit. Also theres a lot of illegal drug importing, street racing, corrupt cops and everything down there. My cousin is a cop in Dade County and I been there a few times. Wouldnt want to live there. But would be an awesome game

NOLA88
NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for that reason, read the new orleans topic plz.
WaRmRock
japan..??

^^
JoelManiac
Dubai is still being built so most of it would be unbuilt buildings which would be crap.
If they were going to do another gangster one they could put it in Compton. It's mentioned in almost all 90s Hip Hop and is the most dangerous city in the US and 4th in the world.
Thrilla in Manila
New Orleans> Compton

I am willing to bet a stack of cash that the next GTA will be in America.
JoelManiac
I'm not saying i want Compton btw just thought i would add as a possibility.
Ophis-
My moneys on them doing another Vice City.... Do the maths, they didn't do LC again just as a one off.
Skinny 
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 5 2008, 08:03 PM)
Compton

Just thought I'd point out that Compton=Ganton from San Andreas.
FireGod
The next GTA will be , LosSantos.
Thrilla in Manila
Yeah it probably will be in Vice City. Like I have stated in other threads, the most proof I have on it now is that Dancehall artist Mavado (song in "Everyone's a Rat" trailer) signed a contract with Rockstar Games. Mavado is split between Miami and Jamaica (he lives in Miami but grew up in Cassava Piece) and Mavado will probably be the DJ of K-Jah or whatever station they have there. It might be Massive B since the radio station is in Jamaica and if it can reach Liberty City and Alderney it most likely can reach Vice City. I'm not sure if Massive B is based in Jamaica though. If it's in Liberty City and Alderney then it's probably local.

If they are going to do a new city... they should base the next GTA in New Orleans. They've done like every other type of american city already... New Orleans should be next in line. They probably will stick with Liberty City, Vice City, Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas in every future Grand Theft Auto. Each one is a sequel. But I lol @ GTA IV having nothing to do GTA III though.

JoelManiac
That gives me an idea... San Fierro FTW! haha
NOLA88
in gta3 there was a hint where the next gta was gonna take place, it was at the air port on the road with all the big billboards, one of them says "see you in miami" and the next gta took place in vice city. Well i was doing the same thing today. I was driveing around the airport in gta4 looking at the billboards and one of them says "fly to Los Santos $299". So theres a good chance the next gta in in Los Santos. there were other smaller sighns on walls at the air port saying "vice city $300" and "Las Venturas $200", but the los santos sighn was the only city posted on a bill board!

And every one can rule out Europe because if you log on to any coputer in the game and click the travel button and look around and then click the travel tips button on top of page, R* posts many reasons NOT to travel to Europe! READ IT, its very interesting. Houser was hateing on his home country BIG TIME!
neko_ceko
Dude we get it, now stop spamming.
Deano23
I would love England, France or even Australia
Linkin Parkinson's
I don't know why I keep coming in this fucking section. You fans don't know what you want, let's just say they did the next GTA in Dubai or some shit. No one would buy that shit. People who speak English are the minority there. You will be the only person to buy that shit, then after playing it you will come on here and bitch and moan for the next 300 posts talking about "The fucking atmosphere is the same as LC except everyone is Indian, I thought Dubai was a great city because of all the skyscrapers and shit but you can't go in any of the skyscrapers and looking at the skyline gets boring after the first few times you see it"...

Come on do you really think GTA will be fucking set outside the USA anytime in the future? Not only will it be in the USA but it just can't be any random ass big city like Houston, Chicago, or Philadelphia because LC has the "big city" feeling... VC has the "paradise" feeling, Los Santos has the "home" feeling (for me it does, but I'm not from LA and my city doesn't resemble LA), San Fierro has the "Fun/Pleasant" feeling (for me... I fucking love SF), and Las Venturas has the "Glamorous but gritty" feeling. Each city in the GTAs are unique... what the fuck will Chicago or Detroit bring to the table? As far as I can tell, New Orleans one of the few big cities left in the USA R* can re-create that has it's own unqique atmosphere, and trust me... New Orleans is fucking unique as hell.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Linkin Parkinson @ Jul 6 2008, 12:19 PM) [snapback]1452903[/snapback]
Come on do you really think GTA will be fucking set outside the USA anytime in the future? Not only will it be in the USA but it just can't be any random ass big city like Houston, Chicago, or Philadelphia because LC has the "big city" feeling... VC has the "paradise" feeling, Los Santos has the "home" feeling (for me it does, but I'm not from LA and my city doesn't resemble LA), San Fierro has the "Fun/Pleasant" feeling (for me... I fucking love SF), and Las Venturas has the "Glamorous but gritty" feeling. Each city in the GTAs are unique... what the fuck will Chicago or Detroit bring to the table? As far as I can tell, New Orleans one of the few big cities left in the USA R* can re-create that has it's own unqique atmosphere, and trust me... New Orleans is fucking unique as hell.

Even though I feel you are a lost cause, I will show you how you should have written that.

In my opinion, Rocstar should opt to keep GTA inside the USA for a few more years. Anyway, if it's in the USA, it can't be any random metropolis like Houston, Chicago or Philledelphia. Liberty has that big city feel of New York, Vice has that tropical paradise feel, Los Santos has that ghetto feel, San Fierro has this pleasant vibe in the atmosphere, and Venturas has that glamouras yet gritty feel. Every city in the GTA universe, so far, has been completely unique, while Chicago and Detroit have nothing to bring to the table. They are completely generic. In my opinon, New Orleans is one of the only truely unique places that Rockstar could parody, trust me. New Orleans is as unique as they come.

I don't know why I keep coming in this fucking section. You fans don't know what you want, let's just say they did the next GTA in Dubai or some shit. No one would buy that shit. People who speak English are the minority there. You will be the only person to buy that shit, then after playing it you will come on here and bitch and moan for the next 300 posts talking about "The fucking atmosphere is the same as LC except everyone is Indian, I thought Dubai was a great city because of all the skyscrapers and shit but you can't go in any of the skyscrapers and looking at the skyline gets boring after the first few times you see it"...

Shut up. You continue to state your opinion as though it were fact. Just learn to incorporate actual facts in your post, rather than your own closed minded ignorant opinion, or get out.
Linkin Parkinson's
Thank you for rewriting my post. I'm not stating my opinion as fact, I'm being real... watch them do some shit like Dubai and everyone will say "What the fuck was I thinking"... I fucking guarantee you that shit will go down.
CavinRovi
Personaly - I would like them to go back to S.A. , ,
(Because it would never load properly on my dusty old PS2...)

,,, or as I seen someone else say - LONDON - would be pretty cool I think - Big Ben and all that.

San An' or London get my vote.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Linkin Parkinson @ Jul 7 2008, 08:40 AM) [snapback]1453061[/snapback]
I'm not stating my opinion as fact, I'm being realistic. If they do Dubai, everyone will wonder what they were thinking and question their previous mentality towards the subject. I guarentee you.

fix'd. Seriously, stop talking like that.

anarchy xyz
after lookin at some of the building projects in dubai i am now praying that it will be in dubai imagine skiing indoor in the middle of a desert in a game XD.png its be the best place and it could be as realistic as IV but because dubain in real life is so whacked and crazy it'd be the best city so far easily they should just take the 3d models of all these buildings that are in construction and build the in game versions off that and not wait for the actual buildings to be completed in real life
Linkin Parkinson's
^^^

Odds are you wouldn't be able to go inside all those buildings, so another big ass city like Dubai would be pointless.
Caliph
^Youre pointless. Imagine going at the top of a Burj Dubai replicate, arguably the tallest building in the world, 2.5 times higher than the world trade center ever was. Imagine jumping from that height and parachuting to a safe place.

If they even make one shopping mall accessible, like the one which has an indoor ski, imagine the activities you could have, not to mention other stuff like gambling, mini golf, etc. You dont need a million accessible points... One shopping mall alone could do the trick, in addition to a roof-jump from a very high building with a parachute.

Plus theres no way you can compare Dubai to NYC. NYC is boring and dull, it has a dark feeling most of the time. Dubai is literally the next-Miami. From beaches to island resorts, you-name-it, it could be the ultimate place for Rockstar to deliver a more fun experience - and believe me, many are dying for a more fun experience especially after playing GTAIV.

Not to mention the sand dunes, which could add to extra activities like dirt biking, etc.
PabloHoneyOle
^I'd like the game to set in Dubai. I can't forsee myself ever traveling there, but I'd love to explore the grandeur of the completed city captured in a videogame. They are supposed to have some of the largest skyscrapers ever, several man-made island chains (The Palm, The World, Etc.) and the previously mentioned MEGA MALL with indoor snow skiing. It would definitely be a cinematic game that would probably make GTAIV look like a joke.

I'd pick it up as long as there wasn't another Middle Eastern protagonist. No offense, Niko.
Caliph
Also regarding the language issue its not like Niko cant speak to Roman in his native language, could he? There are a million ways to get round this and, besides, its not like Dubai is Arabic at all. Its a big cosmopolitan city that Arabic is hardly spoke around there and only in local households. Most of the time its English that is widely spoken in Dubai...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Caliph @ Aug 6 2008, 11:32 AM) [snapback]1457999[/snapback]
Also regarding the language issue its not like Niko cant speak to Roman in his native language, could he? There are a million ways to get round this and, besides, its not like Dubai is Arabic at all. Its a big cosmopolitan city that Arabic is hardly spoke around there and only in local households. Most of the time its English that is widely spoken in Dubai...

I'm not worried about language issues, I just don't want to buy a game starring a camel fucker.
Caliph
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 6 2008, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1458004[/snapback]
QUOTE(Caliph @ Aug 6 2008, 11:32 AM) [snapback]1457999[/snapback]

I'm not worried about language issues, I just don't want to buy a game starring a camel fucker.

Well arent you a bitch... rolleyes.gif
And just for your information, Niko isnt a Middle Eastern anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.