Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA4.TV Presents: Free Mode Stunting
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
Download the high quality video (104 MB, WMV only)!

[youtube]462SuWfwo9M[/youtube]

We've also added 8 new screenshots to the image gallery, most are high definition screencaps from the trailer. Check 'em out!

Zen
Our day out at bowling and Perseus were...interesting tongue.gif
nirvanafrik
LOOL crazy stuff
FuddMan
That was awesome (Y) Stunting was hilarious biggrin.gif
ezekiel 08
Mmm, lots of free roam shit but not so many stunts :-(. Is it just me or is Stunting WAY harder in GTA4 that Vice City? SA was harder than VC as the NRG was much heavier and harder to launch. I find in IV that you can't spin the bike nearly as well as you used to be able to (eg, hard to do 360's, 720's etc). Me and a friend are trying to scope out some nice jumps to record, like getting onto rooftops and the such, the standard 'ramp' jumps are boring to hit, and to watch someone else hit.

Psy, if I'm ever on when you are and you wanna try anything out, just send me a message on XBL. If I'm not farming money on the old NOOSE'y, I'll jump in party mode.

And a tip for encoding (not that you need it tongue.gif), you recorded in HD (16:9) and then encoded in 4:3. For a better picture (on youtube), record in 4:3 SD or letterbox you 16:9 HD to keep the aspect ratio A-OKAY. Do you use Sony Vegas?

And I love the intro song "Eye of the Storm" by BFMV, kick ass album. You should use "Waking the Daemon" in your next video, i LOVE that song! Or check out Power Quest, awesome Power Metal band from the UK... blush.gif .

EDIT: My bad, I didn't watch the credits the 1st time; you DID use "Waking the Daemon", sick!

Oh, you should try getting hit by the chopper when your on an NRG, even better than just getting hit :-).
Skippy Sigmatic
Should have crouched at the end of that ramp, that probably would have sent you as far as the car because the car would be applying force to a larger surface area. Just an idea.
Pyrocy
In case anyone is curious, I was the one in the video who was spinning the truck on it's side.

Hey Psymon, next vid you should use the Swing of Death glitch. Hours of fun.
Nec
Well done! That was a lot of fun. I look forward to doing it again laugh.gif
Pez
Waw, really kool, looks very fun! biggrin.gif
asthenia
QUOTE(PyroHazard @ May 26 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]1441696[/snapback]
In case anyone is curious, I was the one in the video who was spinning the truck on it's side.

Hey Psymon, next vid you should use the Swing of Death glitch. Hours of fun.

I got AmericanHistoryX'd by the Swing of Death.
Jammydodgerman
Some of the the most hilarious times ive had on gta4, great vid!
Lee
Was very fun to mess about with you guys, I'm defo up for some more this week. It was great when there were a few of us going for that jump and psy managed to drive past the alley way just at the time we were hitting it so you hit the side of psys van. Think I was the only one that made it past, just missed his back end. I then tried doing a back flip on the bike only my bike got stuck upside down half way through the jump and I landed on my head with my bike on top of me, lol.

Great capturing aswell Psy, you should do more.
FuddMan
QUOTE(Lee @ May 26 2008, 10:32 PM) [snapback]1441769[/snapback]
Was very fun to mess about with you guys, I'm defo up for some more this week. It was great when there were a few of us going for that jump and psy managed to drive past the alley way just at the time we were hitting it so you hit the side of psys van. Think I was the only one that made it past, just missed his back end. I then tried doing a back flip on the bike only my bike got stuck upside down half way through the jump and I landed on my head with my bike on top of me, lol.

Oh man that was great! We would never have been able to plan that XD.png
HB~Sauce
I'm missing out on this kind of stuff? Damn!

Loved the vid.
Jasonhh
That was some good helicopter stunts, never seen anyone get lanuched that far before, lol
Psy
QUOTE(ezekiel 08 @ May 26 2008, 06:10 PM) [snapback]1441681[/snapback]
Mmm, lots of free roam shit but not so many stunts :-(. Is it just me or is Stunting WAY harder in GTA4 that Vice City? SA was harder than VC as the NRG was much heavier and harder to launch. I find in IV that you can't spin the bike nearly as well as you used to be able to (eg, hard to do 360's, 720's etc). Me and a friend are trying to scope out some nice jumps to record, like getting onto rooftops and the such, the standard 'ramp' jumps are boring to hit, and to watch someone else hit.

Psy, if I'm ever on when you are and you wanna try anything out, just send me a message on XBL. If I'm not farming money on the old NOOSE'y, I'll jump in party mode.

And a tip for encoding (not that you need it tongue.gif), you recorded in HD (16:9) and then encoded in 4:3. For a better picture (on youtube), record in 4:3 SD or letterbox you 16:9 HD to keep the aspect ratio A-OKAY. Do you use Sony Vegas?

And I love the intro song "Eye of the Storm" by BFMV, kick ass album. You should use "Waking the Daemon" in your next video, i LOVE that song! Or check out Power Quest, awesome Power Metal band from the UK... blush.gif .

EDIT: My bad, I didn't watch the credits the 1st time; you DID use "Waking the Daemon", sick!

Oh, you should try getting hit by the chopper when your on an NRG, even better than just getting hit :-).

It was youtube that compressed the video to 4:3. The only thing that really looks any different is the radar so I'm not too bothered. I'll be releasing the full 1280x720 or whatever video in a zip on the site soon.

We tried jumping cars/bikes into helicopter blades and it works, but we never got good enough results to warrant putting them in the video.

Cheers for all of the feedback though.

QUOTE(DuffMan @ May 26 2008, 11:23 PM) [snapback]1441787[/snapback]

Haha, that was a good laugh, but the best bit was where I parked the van right over the jump and you (Lee... I think) drove straight into the side of it at about 200 MPH and died.
DiO
QUOTE(ezekiel 08 @ May 26 2008, 01:10 PM) [snapback]1441681[/snapback]

Who gives a rats ass about spining. You can flip IV. In the last GTA's could couldn't flip on bikes.

edit

Once you get the RRoD, play on PS3 with Me, Ast and Bino.
Lee
QUOTE(Psy @ May 26 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]1441806[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ May 26 2008, 11:23 PM) [snapback]1441787[/snapback]

Haha, that was a good laugh, but the best bit was where I parked the van right over the jump and you (Lee... I think) drove straight into the side of it at about 200 MPH and died.

LOL, yep that was me. I got up some amazing speed that time aswell. Good laughs.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Wow, never a dull moment with you guys. Sorta makes me wish I had a mic.
DiO
QUOTE(Imbrium @ May 26 2008, 08:02 PM) [snapback]1441834[/snapback]

Well, you could start by not ignoring my invites. sad.gif
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ May 27 2008, 01:54 AM) [snapback]1441848[/snapback]
QUOTE(Imbrium @ May 26 2008, 08:02 PM) [snapback]1441834[/snapback]

Well, you could start by not ignoring my invites. sad.gif

I'll have a game with you as soon as I'm at 100%, promise. smile.gif

*goes back to sniping pigeons
Hardcore Ottoman
If I actually had some time I would be up for hanging out but I have shit on my plate for the whole summer. Awesome video Psy. I never knew about that swing set before!
GutsAndGlory
what are you using to capture video?
DelinQuent
Most of you dont know me but psy and pyro may remember me from the old gfcc days. Great video guys, if you ever want another person to mess around with just shoot me a message on xbl at delinquentisdq and I'd be glad to play.
CutThatCity
That was pretty awesome
Psy
QUOTE(GutsAndGlory @ May 27 2008, 03:30 AM) [snapback]1441901[/snapback]

Intensity Pro: http://blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/
neko_ceko
Wow nice.
Pro stunters lol
ezekiel 08
QUOTE(Psy @ May 27 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]1441987[/snapback]
QUOTE(GutsAndGlory @ May 27 2008, 03:30 AM) [snapback]1441901[/snapback]

Intensity Pro: http://blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

That is one sweet card :-). I have a HDMI 360 (and another, older one!) so this would be perfect for when I built my uber l33t PC! Thanks for the link.

I'm making a stunt vid at the moment, mostly just bike stunts and some crazy swing set "jumps". Will only be short, not 8 minutes like my Vice City one (see it here cool.gif .
ENVi3
you guys look like you know how to have fun smile.gif
rctfan1556
Lmao! That was awesome and hilarious. Nice work guys! laugh.gif
k1n9y
This is the sort of thing i like to do on free roam. just pissing about together is alot of fun.

if there is anyone on here who is into the same, add me on xbox live, my user name is K1N9Y

thanks
Muted Bass Fish
Whens the next time you all are planning on doing something like this?
FuddMan
We haven't actually done any stunting for quite a while so it's hard to say. You're on my friends list though so I'll invite you if we start one up.
Muted Bass Fish
well for some reason it keeps saying ive been kicked off the server probly because the first time i tried to join it booted me off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.