Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Router Block
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
Lee
In the last week or so, probably since the new skin but possibly unrelated, my router disconnects after loading most of the forum page. It does it every time but only on the main forum page, all sub pages, threads, profiles etc work. This occasionally happens on other sites that probably have dodgy content on anyway so I'm thinking that somewhere in the coding or in an advert or something there is some code that my router doesn't like and is blocking.

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else or if anything can be done on the site to prevent it. It didn't happen before a week ago and as I said it is only on the main forum page. It's not a big problem, just an annoyance that I have to click connect when I navigate away from that page to reconnect IE with my router.

Edit: As I suspected, it is something to do with the new skin. I've switched back to the default skin and I'm not having the problems. Anybody care to look in to this?
Sheep
What router are you using?
Lee
QUOTE( Sheep @ May 25 2008, 02:08 PM) [snapback]1441231[/snapback]
What router are you using?

It's a speedtouch 585 and my connection to the PC is through one of the wired ports. I'm guessing it's my router blocking it but it could be my firewall or anti-virus. I presume whatever it is is recognising something on the site as potentially dangerous, but only on that one page.
Sheep
Those routers are useless anyway, i got one from my ISP and it just doesnt work, whoever invented a router with vents on the bottom should be shot. Have you tried a different router?
Lee
Nope I haven't tried anything else. As I said above it's not a big problem, I'm back using the default skin at the moment and there aren't any problems. I don't want anyone to go out of their way to try and sort it out, just making people aware of the issue and maybe the people who wrote the skin will know straight away what has caused it. I can live with it, but thanks for taking an interest.
Sheep
Cant think of anything in the skin that would do that, its pretty much the same as the old one.. just different looking
Zen
Fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.