Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why do I get killeD?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
RAHUL
In deathmatch I had a ak 47 serveral times and some noob killed me with the tec 9! Happend lots of times, am I missing somthing here coz when I am aim I dont get a target lock on? Is somthing offf in my settingS? Any help will be appreciated..
PhantomStranger
We have Tec 9's? wink.gif It's probably just lag.
TwoFacedTanner
Or a headshot.
aussie_b8ler
make sure you crouch, because it increases your aim greatly.
RAHUL
i swear either the game has bugs, or sum people are soo geeks and play multiplayer all fcukin day...
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(RAHUL @ May 24 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]1441108[/snapback]
i swear either the game has bugs, or sum people are soo geeks and play multiplayer all fcukin day...

That is a major problem. Yeah. haha
Makes the game shit to play.
SyPh3r
i find that problems lots of times but like he said if your in crouch it increases your aim also what i like to do which works awesome is instead of unloading with your rifle or machine cun tap it like ur shooting a pistol and every bullet hits that way
DiO
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ May 24 2008, 11:08 PM) [snapback]1441086[/snapback]
Or a headshot.

QUOTE(J~D @ May 24 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]1441093[/snapback]
make sure you crouch, because it increases your aim greatly.

Pretty much this. /\

AK is pretty acurate but it does have some recoil. Whatch it if your shooting from a distance and holding down the trigger. Try bursts, crouch and aim for the head. If it was close range, the Micro Uzi is more effective than the AK. It has a higher rate of fire.
aussie_b8ler
i take it that i am "he".

yeah that is a good point. short controlled bursts with automatic weapons is a smart tactic. also, zoom in while aiming (click R3 on ps3, not too sure for 360) and aim for the head, or if you are not too confident aim for the chest. sometimes you get lucky and hit their head anyway.

also, sorry to state the obviouse, but take cover. don't just run into a gunfight, chances are you will be killed pretty quickly. find a good vantage point and pick of the enimies one by one using all of the previously mentioned tactics.

i just noticed that my post counter is on the devil's number. i better make another post quick.

much better
Pieface
^No Fanboysim wink.gif

And maybe you just suck, that could be it really, Im pretty crappy at this game but I don't care, heck I haven't played GTA4 since like the 5 May.
BikerMatt13
QUOTE(J~D @ May 25 2008, 06:17 AM) [snapback]1441120[/snapback]

yeah that is a good point. short controlled bursts with automatic weapons is a smart tactic. also, zoom in while aiming (click R3 on ps3, not too sure for 360) and aim for the head, or if you are not too confident aim for the chest. sometimes you get lucky and hit their head anyway.

also, sorry to state the obviouse, but take cover. don't just run into a gunfight, chances are you will be killed pretty quickly. find a good vantage point and pick of the enimies one by one using all of the previously mentioned tactics.

i just noticed that my post counter is on the devil's number. i better make another post quick.

much better

I was like "hes no where near 666, o wait a second...."
braveheartofg
QUOTE(BikerMatt13 @ May 25 2008, 11:19 PM) [snapback]1441414[/snapback]

much better

Ditto except I didn't get to the "o wait a second" stage , explain!
NIGGALICIOUS
Well in Deathmatch I'm usually not bothered to go around to find a weapon, especially when there are 10 or so people online and as soon as you get a weapon you usually get shot anyways... so I use the pistol. I've killed a lot of other players who were using more powerful weapons. The trick is to take cover and aim for the head. And its always fun to hear a newb go "Thats not right I shot him with my ak!!! how did he kill me with a pistol" lol

Good times ahhhhh 1 player on IV after story is pathetic but damn you gotta love online!!!

ONLINE FTW

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!! I actually yell this everytime I get a headshot. pisses the newbs off biggrin.gif
aussie_b8ler
QUOTE(braveheartofg @ May 26 2008, 12:02 AM) [snapback]1441426[/snapback]

much better

my post count was 360, as in x-box 360.

get it now.

it was a joke, which was not picked up.

i didn't mean anything by it.
rafrules
lololol oh and for the top post u said it wasn't auto aiming. This isn't a glitch make sure before u start a match to check to see if auto aim is allowed or disallowed because everyone has it different! smile.gif
Ophis-
QUOTE(J~D @ May 26 2008, 08:53 AM) [snapback]1441535[/snapback]
QUOTE(braveheartofg @ May 26 2008, 12:02 AM) [snapback]1441426[/snapback]

much better

my post count was 360, as in x-box 360.

get it now.

it was a joke, which was not picked up.

i didn't mean anything by it.

I lol'd

As for the topic... yes, aim better and eventually its all good.

Does anybody else find there is a delayed death sometimes? i get killed split second after shot. So i can get around the corner sometimes then fall and die. weird.
JosephLive93
SMG's have a better rate of fire, but they don't have the as much range as an AK47 or an M4 so if they were up close they have a better chance of killing you.
DiO
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Jun 5 2008, 07:23 AM) [snapback]1445271[/snapback]
Does anybody else find there is a delayed death sometimes? i get killed split second after shot. So i can get around the corner sometimes then fall and die. weird.

Yah, it like they're still alive for a split second after you shoot them down. I like it. Its kinda brutal.
asthenia
False hope ftw, I love it when that happens, to me or anyone else.
Linkin Parkinson's
My first time playing online in a deathmatch I got hit like 3 times with an smg and I fucking died... yet when I have an AK I have to aim and shoot for like 3 fucking hours and wait for his heal to go down, they weren't wearing armor either
Ejay1000
QUOTE(LuxAeterna @ Jun 6 2008, 12:38 AM) [snapback]1445473[/snapback]
False hope ftw, I love it when that happens, to me or anyone else.

Why? Yes it may seem cool, then you realize all this shows is a poor sync, which ruins the game and tends to turn it in a hunt for someone with a worse connection than you. Forget rankings they mean nothing once people know the basic "tricks"it's ALL down to connection quality.False hope alright, of a level playing field.BTW my connection is good and I do fine ,it just don't taste so sweet when you know you've got half a second on the guy before he even moves.
JoelManiac
I first played deathmatch today and it was stupid. I had full armour and an AK-47. I sat there shooting someone and there health went down very very slowly. While i take two shots with a pistol or something and I'm dead. Wont be playing it again. Just races.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.