Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Next Main Character..
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
BASE-RACE
Now We have had a broad range of charcters. not only Race.. But personalities too. So May be a bit too soon but..

What do think the next character will be?

I for one would like to see a mexican one....because it would be hell funny if the first mission was trying to jump the border..lol but also just because they have a, well i say, different way than, Niko, Tommy and maybe R* get a second chance at making a Maybe not as rich but believable Ghetto character (C.J Pffft)

What's Your Thoughts?

p.s An irishman or scotsman would rock too!
Abbysful
I'de probably expect maybe a female character to come along since im sure R* will probably have some complaints floodin in that its sexist or sumin :S...though as for nationality maybe an Irish member of the IRA would be pretty cool, that plot device alone and can have alot of opportunities for some very large missions XD.png.
TwoFacedTanner
Women don't really commit crimes like the ones in Grand Theft Auto as much as men.
So they aren't being sexist.
BASE-RACE
Yeah not being sexist, but playing a female character would sorta Deflate my gta experience... by all means i'd play it but i'd be dissatisfied a quite a bit...

Now about the IRA idea... Forgive me for the stupid question but What is it? Irish Army?
happymess.
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ May 24 2008, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1440947[/snapback]
Women don't really commit crimes like the ones in Grand Theft Auto as much as men.
So they aren't being sexist.

Unless you're Elizabeta.

They should bring C.J back or someone lol, that would own.
BASE-RACE
I reckon that would be cool if he was a hot shot Music Exec And he became your "employer"...

And it would be hell mean if he wasn't a chicken shit anymore smile.gif
grimace619
A Latino for sure
South African too
FuddMan
If it's a woman or anyone like CJ I probably won't bother with the next game. Some people have stupid reasons for not buying or playing a game, but if you don't like the main character in a GTA game the whole thing can suck.
PhantomStranger
QUOTE(DuffMan @ May 25 2008, 10:15 PM) [snapback]1441245[/snapback]
If it's a woman or anyone like CJ I probably won't bother with the next game. Some people have stupid reasons for not buying or playing a game, but if you don't like the main character in a GTA game the whole thing can suck.

agreed, that would totally suck.

I'd go for an Irish guy, because I'm half Irish. If the black character was like Dwayne then that would be ok, but any of this gangster shit and the game would suck.
Ridikul
QUOTE(Dj Spoof @ May 25 2008, 03:30 AM) [snapback]1441153[/snapback]
I reckon that would be cool if he was a hot shot Music Exec And he became your "employer"...

And it would be hell mean if he wasn't a chicken shit anymore smile.gif

Only if we get to kill him.
NIKO_BELLIC
I think a latino would be cool.
Abbysful
QUOTE(Dj Spoof @ May 25 2008, 02:27 AM) [snapback]1441050[/snapback]
Yeah not being sexist, but playing a female character would sorta Deflate my gta experience... by all means i'd play it but i'd be dissatisfied a quite a bit...

Now about the IRA idea... Forgive me for the stupid question but What is it? Irish Army?

Yupp, stands for Irish republic army, though there more sort of a freedom fightin group than an army trying to stop the evil British and our violent ways with blowing up cars and shoving grenades in womens handbags
Skinny 
What about some crazy biker motherfucker? They haven't dug too deep into bikers in GTA games.

If he's a black dude, then he would have to be Haitian or Jamacan, none of these hip hop stereotypes (Rasta stereotypes FTW).
AfonsoAlves
Why does everyone hate CJ ?? I thought he was a decent character as all GTA's have been (bar 3)
Vegera
I think it would be cool if the next main charater was a close relation to either Tommy or CJ. But a native american would be cool too.
Koop
Cuban, just a thought.

Tony Montana anyone? :D
ViceMan
Nah, R* already did their Scarface parody in Vice City.
MIchaelF
A latino would be awesome but a girl not a good idea because most of the people that play gta games are guys.I wouldn buy it if they use a girl or someone else like CJ.
Massacre
I'd go Rasta or Cuban only if they re-do Vice City (which I'm hoping for). Right now I'm really backing a Rasta main character because I like Little Jacob and Badman ,and the music and the entire culture are great and haven't been explored as well as they could be.

However, if it's set in a location with a small or nonexistant Jamaican population, I would enjoy Skinny's idea of a biker character.
BASE-RACE
it would be cool if he was a Rasta. but will there be an easy way to understand him? ( Without Subtitles)

And C.J was o.k but people don't really go for try hard gangster who's really a pussy... but he had an influence.... he made all the ghettos in N.z More ghetto lol
Mzeppelin
I really hope he's sicilian again. I want another mafia like game, or like how in Vice City you called the shots for yourself to rise to the top.
HB~Sauce
wouldn't mind a biker or a dwayne like character.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Dj Spoof @ May 28 2008, 06:25 AM) [snapback]1442181[/snapback]
it would be cool if he was a Rasta. but will there be an easy way to understand him? ( Without Subtitles)

They don't sound like that in real life...

I really hope he's sicilian again. I want another mafia like game

Yeah, they really need to dig deeper with the sicilian mafia, it's been done so may times, but never well enough.
BASE-RACE
Oh Thank lord... i love the Rasta-English but i'd faint if i had a whole games worth of it ahaha

And some how after watching the Godfather and Goodfellas, I think that if it was a sicillian Mobster, therey should make the missions more smarter.... like it don't have to be all BANG BANG! But More..... Car Bombs, Sneaking and stuff.. and if that Fails... BANG BANG!!! lol

...and They Better have some wearable trenchcoats lol
Abbysful
I'de luv another mafiosa character, mainly since al though people seem to think the mafia in gta games in done too death you never really get become part of one...Toni from LCS was cool n all just never had that much to say and you never got the feel of being a powerful capo in a large family like the leone's. So another mafia tale with the same amount of effort as gta4 would be great.
bOnEs
how about a plain 'ol american character... why does it have to be a foreigner? i'd be happy with a joe smith guy...
Dampkring
I agree that a rasta main character would be fun. Enough drinkin' it's time for some smokin!
TheAnalogKid2112
australian. first weapon would be a crocodile cock!
craniumkick
robert deniero in taxi driver IMO
Skinny 
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 3 2008, 05:09 AM) [snapback]1444131[/snapback]
i'd be happy with a joe smith guy...

Where's the fun in that?
TrIgGeR HaPpY
i want another convicted psychotic killer and drug dealer like Tommy Vercetti. Also I wouldn't mind seeing CJ again, he was cool, i don't know why people hate him, hes not like jar jar binks.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Jun 4 2008, 06:11 AM) [snapback]1444768[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 3 2008, 05:09 AM) [snapback]1444131[/snapback]
i'd be happy with a joe smith guy...

Where's the fun in that?

what would make a foreign guy funner to play? it's all about the characteristics R* creates for the characters... it doesn't matter what their background is...

i just figured they could head in the direction of some american guy who drives for a hustler or a drug dealer or something... and you join the action where he's just starting out as the driver, looking to branch out and make more money...

IDK... we're gonna have to wait a year to find out what R* is thinking...
DiO
Well if where back in Vice I'd like to see Mitch Baker as the lead.
yadoso
Dude, a bad-ass chick shooting people in a bikini. Think about it.

Also, Asian dude. Triads much needed.
Thrilla in Manila
Depending on whether the next GTA will be in New Orleans or Vice City here's what I want (hopefully they will have Haitians in Vice City this time around).

New Orleans: I don't see how they could not have a Central American or a Creole guy, their characteristics are so varied, it won't take away from the game due to stuff that "wouldn't look right on him" like Niko.

Vice City: Hopefully a future Haitian GANG LORD (whether they like it or not, there are fucking tons of Haitian and Cuban thugs in Miami) or a Hispanic dude. Hell even a good ol black dude would be good as long as they don't turn him into a coon ass nigga like plies or trick daddy, don't try to emphasize the fact he's black by giving him a thick ass accent and talking about the hood all the time.

No matter who it is, I want them to have a fucking creepy ass psychotic side. Shit that isn't shown in cutscenes but you know what's happening and the dialogue hints that you just did some fucked up shit. Have that Eddie Low type dialogue... just talk about killing men though.
TwoFacedTanner
An Arabic guy wouldnt be too bad.

QUOTE(Skinny. @ May 28 2008, 03:00 AM) [snapback]1442334[/snapback]

Some do.
Skinny 
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 8 2008, 04:38 PM) [snapback]1446140[/snapback]
An Arabic guy wouldnt be too bad.

QUOTE(Skinny. @ May 28 2008, 03:00 AM) [snapback]1442334[/snapback]

Some do.

Well, obviously they would avoid using someone with such a thick accent as the voice over.
JoelManiac
Why does everyone worry about being able to understand the characters? Little Jacob wasn't the easiest to understand neither was that guy that is with him in one of the earlier missions.
Thrilla in Manila
Badman> GTA Legacy even Jamaicans don't know what the fuck he's saying (well the Jamaicans I know)

I'm still going with what I said. Fuck an Arabian protagonist.
MyLittleFriend
It would be cool if the next protagonist was Jamaican or Irish. If he were Irish, he may be able to help Packie and Gerry out with taking over the underworld again, and break Gerry out of prison. If he were Jamaican, he could help Badman and Little Jacob with drug dealing and stuff.
devilsnumber
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid @ Jun 3 2008, 07:54 AM) [snapback]1444185[/snapback]

dude dont be so racist im from australia and ive never seen a real crocodile or a kangaroo for that matter [ besides tv ].... why dont we make him some retarded american guy that builds citys entirely made for fine gentlemangs [ san francisco ] and says caller and coller exactly the same... wanker!
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(devilsnumber @ Jun 8 2008, 09:07 PM) [snapback]1446327[/snapback]

dude dont be so racist im from australia and ive never seen a real crocodile or a kangaroo for that matter [ besides tv ].... why dont we make him some retarded american guy that builds citys entirely made for fine gentlemangs [ san francisco ] and says caller and coller exactly the same... wanker!

For real? Damn.
We see Crocs all over the place here, but not Kangaroos obviously.
And whats wrong with saying caller and collar...I'm guessing you meant collar, as in shirt collar.
Because Coller to my knowledge is a French term.

And don't get the idea I'm flaming or trolling or whatever.
JoelManiac
QUOTE(devilsnumber @ Jun 9 2008, 12:07 PM) [snapback]1446327[/snapback]

I have never seen a croc either but i have seen lots of Roos.
Skinny 
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 9 2008, 12:35 PM) [snapback]1446337[/snapback]
And whats wrong with saying caller and collar...I'm guessing you meant collar, as in shirt collar.

He was saying that when Americans say Caller and Coller (yes, shirt coller) it sounds the same.

The only time I've ever seen a Kangaroo is when I was in the country. Some very small towns have kangaroos on the beaches and sometimes you see them at the park if it's near the outskirts, but you never see kangaroos walking around the street.

Fuck an Arabian protagonist.

I guess that's true since Rockstar won't really be able to pick as much fun at that race and culture.
Thrilla in Manila
Yeah, I mean they didn't really pick that much "fun" at wherever Niko was from, neither did they pick fun at any of the past protagonists. Why would you have an Arabian protagonist anyway? Alot of people were reluctant to get GTA because the main character was Russian/Serbian/Creation/Ukranian/A Check... until they saw that it was only a gimmick and he was not that much different from any of the other protagonists besides the accent and a few minor parts of the storyline.

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid @ Jun 2 2008, 10:24 PM) [snapback]1444185[/snapback]

SIG QUOTED!!!!
DiO
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Jun 9 2008, 07:29 PM) [snapback]1446560[/snapback]
Yeah, I mean they didn't really pick that much "fun" at wherever Niko was from,

They kinda did when no one knew where the fuck he was from.
neko_ceko
Maybe an Asian or something
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(devilsnumber @ Jun 8 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]1446327[/snapback]

It was just a little joke from a makemebad video http://youtube.com/watch?v=iorioBK_0QE lol sorry to offend you I like Australians
NIGGALICIOUS
I want to be mexican
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid @ Jun 16 2008, 09:59 AM) [snapback]1448367[/snapback]
QUOTE(devilsnumber @ Jun 8 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]1446327[/snapback]

It was just a little joke from a makemebad video http://youtube.com/watch?v=iorioBK_0QE lol sorry to offend you I like Australians

This kid got epic fail'd on AOTS for the second time today. What with his videos being not funny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.