Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stone Temple Pilots
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
DonkeyTits
The Stone Temple Pilots just got back together/went on tour.. They were split up for some years, the lead singer stayed busy in the group Velvet Revolver, producing a bunch of big hits, but now they're back. I just got a bunch of tickets, me and some friends are going to see them at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, California.

I like a lot of their songs, their favorite being the one below my sig vvvv

Granted, a bunch of their songs are definitely soft rock, and the lead singer, scott weiland, has had many problems (drugs, alcohol, looking like a fem), but they're bound to still put on a good show. I'd like to see them before they go downhill even more and/or breakup again.
bOnEs
i've always liked STP... i still listen to purple and core all the time...

it's cool to hear that they are back together... two of my favorites are back to together now... STP and rage against the machine... ohh happy day!!
Hardcore Ottoman
Awesome. I need to see when they come by me.
Kamahl
i like STP but does that mean there will be no more Velvet Revolver or what???
DonkeyTits
Yea. From what I heard; Scott, Slash and what's-his-bucket weren't getting along well. I heard they basically just stopped talking to each other. Oh well.
HB~Sauce
I didn't really like Velvet Revolver but STP's older stuff seems alright.

As for scott wieland, shows you how bad heroin can fuck you up.
killing machine
STP is awesome. i must say its kind of funny that when there songs came out in the 90's they were overshadowed by other bands and never talked about that much and know that there back together everyone comes out and says there an STP fan.
Hardcore Ottoman
Buckethead is hard to like from what I've heard. He's a weird motherfucker.
bOnEs
QUOTE(killing machine @ May 21 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]1439635[/snapback]
STP is awesome. i must say its kind of funny that when there songs came out in the 90's they were overshadowed by other bands and never talked about that much and know that there back together everyone comes out and says there an STP fan.

back in the early 90's, to me, they were just as big as RATM, soundgarden, alice in chains, pearl jam, red hot chili peppers, and nirvana... i grew up to the early 90's music... that music was my shit back in the days of school...
Hardcore Ottoman
Kim Thayil from Soundgarden is in a collab band called Ascend. It's heavy shit that evolved from grunge on to drone. Czech it out. "Ample Fire Within" is their current album if that helps.
mgc2372
cool,i was a big STP fan in the early nineties as well.i even own the talk show cd,but i've kind of moved on to different music nowadays.scott weiland has had his problems with drugs and i'm surprised he is still with us.we lost some good ones in the 90's because of that crap.
DonkeyTits
Just got back from the concert. It was AMAZING! I didn't have high expectations going in (members are getting old, washed-up I figured) but holy shit. They put on a great show. Everyone, especially Scott, was fullllll of energy. They played all their hits. They were on from about 9:20 until 11:08. My buddy who I went with was just as impressed with the show. Definitely glad I went to that.
TheAnalogKid2112
Vasoline.
jev
Why did Scott Weiland cross the road?
To do some heroin lolololol

Sorry for the bad joke... I'm not a huge fan of STP but I prefer their music to VR who I thought were awful, so yeah its pretty cool they're back together.
Handsome B Wonderful
The only STP album i still listen to is "Tiny Music...Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop ". Go figure. Maybe it's the glam feel to it. The rest pop up on my mp3 player every now and then. The last album was pretty lame. Actually, Velvet Revolver and Audioslave: None more lame.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.