Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Garage
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
vvLMAOvv
While looking for "flying rats" tonight I found a mansion with a two car garage that opened up and allowed me to pull my car inside (like the garages in San Andres). Weird thing is, this is the only garage I've found in the whole map, it isn't a safehouse, and it has nothing to do with anything in the storyline (I've completed the storyline so I know you can't earn it as a safehouse that way). If you're intrested in locating it; it's on the first island (extreme north). It's two blocks, maybe three blocks down, right in the middle of the north island. There is also a mansion (different mansion: north of the mansion with the 2 car garage [spoiler]and just below the warehouse where you meet Demetri on the last mission to kill him[/spoiler]) with a helicoptor pad and a Mavrick that always spawns there. Anyone know about this? locked.gif
Connect
Big mansions in Alderney all have garages which open up, also one has a Maverick in its backyard. I noticed it while watching the TV show "I'm Rich". happy.gif

I first found the open garages at [spoiler]Gambetti's[/spoiler] house
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Connect @ May 18 2008, 11:00 PM) [snapback]1438060[/snapback]
Big mansions in Alderney all have garages which open up, also one has a Maverick in its backyard. I noticed it while watching the TV show "I'm Rich". happy.gif

I first found the open garages at [spoiler]Gambetti's[/spoiler] house

I think you mean [spoiler]Pegorino's[/spoiler].
Jesseeast
Cool, do the car's stay there though?
mattyg
Ya can we save them there???
NIGGALICIOUS
I tried to save a Moonbeam there lol. When I came back the garage was empty. sad.gif Dammit. You can still save cars at the first safehouse that was burned down, even though you can't save the game there.
jackdaddy2008
Could be that the mansions with garages were originally designed for use a safe houses for later in the game before Rockstar ditched the idea, it might be that this is a left over glitch, especially as you can't save your cars there and they are all empty.

I miss owning your own car garage/showroom.
crazyturkey
QUOTE(NiggaMan @ May 19 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]1438191[/snapback]
I tried to save a Moonbeam there lol. When I came back the garage was empty. sad.gif Dammit. You can still save cars at the first safehouse that was burned down, even though you can't save the game there.

You can also save your vehicles in Playboy Xs place before finishing his missions or [spoiler]Even if you dont kill him[/spoiler]
Jasonhh
At Pegorinos house, the garage opens if you use his car parked put front
Pieface
QUOTE(Jasonhh @ May 21 2008, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1438965[/snapback]

The garage has always opened for me wink.gif. No real point to it though.
bobs99
QUOTE(vvLMAOvv @ May 19 2008, 04:20 AM) [snapback]1438044[/snapback]
While looking for "flying rats" tonight I found a mansion with a two car garage that opened up and allowed me to pull my car inside (like the garages in San Andres). Weird thing is, this is the only garage I've found in the whole map, it isn't a safehouse, and it has nothing to do with anything in the storyline (I've completed the storyline so I know you can't earn it as a safehouse that way). If you're intrested in locating it; it's on the first island (extreme north). It's two blocks, maybe three blocks down, right in the middle of the north island. There is also a mansion (different mansion: north of the mansion with the 2 car garage [spoiler]and just below the warehouse where you meet Demetri on the last mission to kill him[/spoiler]) with a helicoptor pad and a Mavrick that always spawns there. Anyone know about this? locked.gif

in the online co op mission deal breaker you start the mission in a house's garage nd finish the mission by driving into that garage

u sure it isnt just there for that and realism?

GTA~BOSS
yea i don't remember any heli pad by the docks in broker except brucie's
ENVi3
QUOTE(Piefascist @ May 21 2008, 02:38 PM) [snapback]1439358[/snapback]
QUOTE(Jasonhh @ May 21 2008, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1438965[/snapback]

The garage has always opened for me wink.gif . No real point to it though.
well, sometimes he had other cars parked in there. and i dont really like the Cognisenti that he usually has parked outside.
GTA~BOSS
QUOTE(bobs99 @ May 21 2008, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1439367[/snapback]
QUOTE(vvLMAOvv @ May 19 2008, 04:20 AM) [snapback]1438044[/snapback]

in the online co op mission deal breaker you start the mission in a house's garage nd finish the mission by driving into that garage

u sure it isnt just there for that and realism?

hey i can't find what your talkin bout only one in aldreney right Click here to view the SnapMapand put a point on yours in broker
vvLMAOvv
hey i can't find what your talkin bout only one in aldreney right Click here to view the SnapMapand put a point on yours in broker
[/quote]

Here you go man.Helicoptor
DuPz0r
I wonder why they did this with the mansions. It really teases us knowing the garage idea was added, but then scrapped. I think there was a lot of idea's put into gta4 in the early stages, but a lot of things got scrapped.

I have a video of the garage doors opening somewhere, I'll try and find it.

Found it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d62o4NubFDs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.