Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't access any Microsoft Pages...wtf
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
R3D_WUD
K... nothing related to Microsoft works on Firefox/IE, any pages with which I have to sign in my msn passport, ie: Hotmail, Xbox LIVE etc. My msn doesn't work, I can't upload my game profile for playing any games... I have formatted my computer and still nothing is fixed...

I have all the newest updates etc. I have no f**king clue what to do...
Pieface
Use IE? As Microsoft kinda created IE something has to work on it.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Piefascist @ May 18 2008, 06:19 PM) [snapback]1437722[/snapback]

He said it doesn't work on either, i'm not sure what the problem is unless you have some how block cookies from a specific URL or host server owned by Microsoft, unless you mean you can't load the page at all?

Need more details really.
FrankCastle
I took a look at the MSN help page and found some info you can try.
I noticed that it doesn't allow me to link you to the exact page. So from the page that opens, the second to last option along the left is what you want to click on (Why can't I sign in?).
Windows live ID help
R3D_WUD
QUOTE(psychÝ @ May 18 2008, 05:52 PM) [snapback]1437753[/snapback]
QUOTE(Piefascist @ May 18 2008, 06:19 PM) [snapback]1437722[/snapback]

He said it doesn't work on either, i'm not sure what the problem is unless you have some how block cookies from a specific URL or host server owned by Microsoft, unless you mean you can't load the page at all?

Need more details really.

Yeah, It'll load Microsoft pages that do not have log in fields, anytime I try to access my .NET passport It just doesn't load.

Thanks for the replies, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Yeah, that "Windows Live ID Help" wouldn't even load, Firefox nor IE loads anything related to Microsoft exception to the homepage. :S
FrankCastle
You can't sign in to a website or service
If you can't sign in to a website or service with your Windows Live ID, make sure that you have configured your browser to allow cookies (A small text file, created by a website, that stores information on your computer) .
To configure your browser to allow cookies:
In Windows Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Privacy tab, and then click Advanced.
Select the Override automatic cookie handling check box.
If you're using a shared computer, select the Always allow session cookies check box.

ĖorĖ

If you're using a private computer, under First-party Cookies, click Accept.

Click OK, and then click OK again.
If you can't sign in after configuring your browser to allow cookies, try the following:

Make sure that the correct domain (A group of computers and devices on a network that are administered with common rules and procedures. The domain name is the part of your e-mail address after the @ sign, such as hotmail.com.) name is typed in the Windows Live ID box.
Check that the Windows Live network isn't temporarily out of service.
Check that the website or service that you want to sign in to has the Windows Live symbol.
Make sure that you typed your password correctly. Passwords are case sensitive (Capable of distinguishing between uppercase [capital] and lowercase [small] letters. For example, A is different from a. If information is case sensitive, it must be typed with the required capitalization.) . If you've forgotten your password, try to reset it. For more information, see Reset your password.
Notes
To sign out of a Windows Live website, click Sign Out. If you're unable to sign out of a Windows Live website, try deleting all the cookies from your computer. To do this, open the Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options. Click Delete Cookies, and then click OK.
If you've already signed in to a Windows Live website and you click the Back button on your browser to take you back to the sign-in page, you may be required to sign in to the Windows Live website again.
Your Windows Live ID may become unavailable if haven't used the account for more than a year. For more information about how to sign up for new credentials, see Create a Windows Live ID.
Multiple attempts at signing in with the incorrect password might cause your account to become blocked. If your account becomes blocked, you will be asked to Match the characters in the picture and sign in again.
If you reset your password or question and secret answer (A question and secret answer is a feature that allows you to choose a question from a select list and enter your personal answer to that question. In the event that you forget your password, you can verify your identity by providing Windows Live with some limited profile information and the correct answer to your secret question) at approximately the same time that you began experiencing sign-in issues, you must allow for the reset to take affect. Please wait 10 minutes before trying to sign in again.
Related topic
Sign in to Windows Live using a Windows Live ID

,IS_Windows Live ID and Account Management , , eformqaf , pleh_deen_ningis , plehdievil , PPCtSnOut , PPSlhlpd , PPSlhlpd_1 , QAF , regnessem_kniljorp , retnec_liam_kniljorp expire expiration inactive inactivity unused too many incorrect sign-in attempts tries try block 890088 926048 error message 81000303 incorrect sign-in name invalid validate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.