Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rockstar Taking Piss At GTA Conspiracy Nuts?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Pyrocy
joeliswellbuff at GTAForums spotted something incredibly hilarious on the fake Liberty Tree site on the in-game internet.

In case you don't know, during the days of San Andreas, there was much speculation about the presence of myths like Bigfoot, Leatherface, and UFOs. Of course, the "hidden city" the article is referencing is the infamous Ghost Town in GTA3 which consisted of the opening cutscene being "filmed" in a hidden area behind the mountains of the map. Conspiracy nuts believed it was part of Carcer City, the ficitional setting in Manhunt but obviously is not the case.

Source: GTAForums

DiO
Whale in Middle Park? The search is on!
Zeus
Cat Shit
bobs99
has anyone seen the story that takes the piss out of peaple who blame video games for causing them to be violent?

i personally found that one the funniest, the way its written is brilliant, it really takes the piss out of jack thompson types.

lol i love the liberty tree

TwoFacedTanner
I saw that a while back, I read all of the liberty trees articles! I love em.

The whale part cracked me up because I know someone out there will see that article in the game then claim to have seen it.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Frigging brilliant, must check this out.
PhantomStranger
It takes the piss out of americans too
HB~Sauce
Rockstar does their humor very well. I know thats a very obvious statement, but there are few times that jokes and commericals come up stale or are cheesy.

neko_ceko
LOL
Rockstar rule! They have better sense of humor then most of comedians
Rayniac

Their humor and way of presenting it just superb! No other developer has ever come close to this (they don't even dare)

My favourite is the MyRoomOnline site, which spoofs MySpace.
I'm an everyday Myspace user, but their version just made me cry from laughing! It's just so spot on! :-D
Harlequiine
Haha, that's hilarious.
I loved the whale in Middle Park.
Just use your imagination.
GxZ
In addition to the Liberty Tree article, there's a whole Weazel News item about the same thing, mentioning Bigfoot amongst others. Only heard it once immediately after completing the Story.
-G
Mekstizzle
There's a Lola topic somewhere here that's already turning into a Bigfoot hunt. This time, it's personal.
Bates.
Reading this article didn't stop me from doing circles around star junction looking for Lola, but being the moron that I am I -refuse- to believe in logic and bear fact of the matter and go with my gut feeling. Packie would do the same, and packie is like, the video game Fonzie, AM I RIGHT -or- AM I RIGHT!? *puts my hand out there for a high five..waving it around*
aussie_b8ler
why are you all taking this so light heartedly. it's not a joke.

my mates, cousins, nextdoor neighbour twice removed swears he saw that whale.

he said it is only visable at 4:57 am every third monday, each leap year.

and you have to drive to the park in a certain car and have to be wearing certain clothes. can't remember which ones, i will ask him and get back to you.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(J~D @ May 19 2008, 04:25 AM) [snapback]1438123[/snapback]
why are you all taking this so light heartedly. it's not a joke.

my mates, cousins, nextdoor neighbour twice removed swears he saw that whale.

he said it is only visable at 4:57 am every third monday, each leap year.

and you have to drive to the park in a certain car and have to be wearing certain clothes. can't remember which ones, i will ask him and get back to you.

You're totally right! I've seen him 4 times (I've been playing so much GTA, 16 years have passed in game).

Here's how you can see the great Whale of Middle Park!
First, go to the Rusty Fishhook in South Alderney by the docks (I can't tell you EXACTLY which dock, you'll have to check EVERY SINGLE ONE) and by the Captain Ahab outfit. Also, buy the harpoon gun (this will come in handy later). Then, grab the tugboat in South Alderney, north of the prison. If you board the tugboat while wearing the new outfit, it will change to the whaling ship Pequod. You then must drive the ship around in circles until a whirlpool forms. After the whirlpool forms, switch to the harpoon gun and fire a harpoon into whirlpool, if you do it correctly, you will be sucked into James Cameron's Abyss where Aliens will bestow infinite GTA knowledge upon you and then transport you and your mighty ship to the lake in Middle Park. If you timed everything right to get you there at 4:57 am on the third monday of each leap year, you will see the whale.

I've heard that if you shoot the whale with the harpoon, he will appear on the wall in Playboy X's mansion (if you killed him instead of Dwayne); then Lola comes over to check out your trophy and shoves the entire whale in her ass. (Note: This last part sounds like BS to me, if anyone can confirm, please let me know!)
Iandip94
On a radio station also it talks of watching out for dinosaurs in the wilderness (another crack from SA when the biggest fakers said they saw a dinosaur in the woods!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.