Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ranking
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Swiift
What everbodys ranking here, anybody at 10 yet?

Im at 3, gosh its hard to get up! unsure.gif
Tyla
I'm at 5, takes a load of cash to level up, but if you can find a couple of decent people to play Bomb Da Base and Hangman's NOOSE with the cash will come a lot easier and you'll be shooting up ranks.
Gunther Strigoi
LVL 9 here! i Beleive im the highest on the forum.
Nec
Nope. D-O is rank 10 I think, and someone posted a topic about reaching rank 10.

As for me, I am level 2 after about 2 hours of playing ranked games.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Lvl 2, i've mostly been focusing on single player lately, i'ma go online once i kill all the pigeons
X
I just hit lvl 8... need $1,496,665 for lvl 9!! sad.gif sad.gif PSN s/n is Xstation20
Codaddy
i was at rank 2 and then in the middle of a game, when i had to go quickly, i turned off my xbox from the controller and i'm back to 1 for some reason... i still had all the clothes on and stuff but it said i was using like example, the 8/6 hat adn stuff it was quite rediculous.. anyone know if you lose a certain amount for leaving a game maybe??
Full Metal Monkey
If you get to Rank 2 you can make Lara Croft. wink.gif

I was fucking about with the clothes and accidentally made a lookalike.

Heres the setup:

Hair: 2/5
Head: 3/4
Torso: 4/4
Legs: 6/6
Glasses: 1/2
Hats: None
asthenia
I'm a rank 3. sleep.gif How do I find out how much I need for a level up? Other than what is always a really quick glimpse of the figure after a game?
X
QUOTE(Asthenia @ May 16 2008, 03:41 AM) [snapback]1436672[/snapback]
I'm a rank 3. sleep.gif How do I find out how much I need for a level up? Other than what is always a really quick glimpse of the figure after a game?

After a match (when you see your kills, time, money earned for that match along with the other players), it will should you the amount you need to rank up on the bottom left side corner
DiO
QUOTE(Nec @ May 15 2008, 02:05 PM) [snapback]1436310[/snapback]
Nope. D-O is rank 10 I think, and someone posted a topic about reaching rank 10.

Lol, wut. Rank 4. rolleyes.gif
FuddMan
2 I think. I can't be bothered with ranking up.
asthenia
QUOTE(X @ May 16 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]1436853[/snapback]

After a match (when you see your kills, time, money earned for that match along with the other players), it will should you the amount you need to rank up on the bottom left side corner

Yeah that always goes really fast for me for some stupid reason >__<

I'm a rank 4 as of today. sleep.gif
DiO
QUOTE(Asthenia @ May 16 2008, 06:42 PM) [snapback]1437028[/snapback]
QUOTE(Xš†† @ May 16 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]1436853[/snapback]

Yeah that always goes really fast for me for some stupid reason >__<

I'm a rank 4 as of today. sleep.gif

What? I though you wheren't playing it online yet.
CutThatCity
Ranked to 3 today, but I'm not overly bothered with getting to 10.
Gunther Strigoi

D-O who is that??? i know im about 1 mill till im lvl 10. If you go on nico and check xbox live leader boards for Hangmans noose im rank 19 for the most money in the world! check it if u dont beleive it. I was so thrilled today when i found out. I have a squad I met now. about 5 or 6 of my new buddies on my buddy list are in the top 20 in the world for xbox live! who wants some?
DiO
QUOTE(Gunther Strigoi @ May 17 2008, 06:09 PM) [snapback]1437378[/snapback]

D-O who is that??? i know im about 1 mill till im lvl 10. If you go on nico and check xbox live leader boards for Hangmans noose im rank 19 for the most money in the world! check it if u dont beleive it. I was so thrilled today when i found out. I have a squad I met now. about 5 or 6 of my new buddies on my buddy list are in the top 20 in the world for xbox live! who wants some?

Im D-O, and im only rank 4. rolleyes.gif
Nec
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ May 17 2008, 10:06 PM) [snapback]1437528[/snapback]
QUOTE(Gunther Strigoi @ May 17 2008, 06:09 PM) [snapback]1437378[/snapback]

Im D-O, and im only rank 14. rolleyes.gif

Hmmm....
ThePaleOgre
4 I think but I mostly play SP
bobs99
hmm to be honest when i play multiplayer i tend to go for social so i can play with my friends, so im only like a level 2.

the thing is find with this game is that ranked is ridiculous, its not even really based on who has the most skill, to et to level 10 the best thing to do is just grind bomb da base, play that for a few hours every day for a couple of weeks and youll get to level 10.

in other games you rank up and down based on if you win/ lose to them, and that just wouldnt work in gta so the system isnt bad, i just know i will never play ranked enough to get past level 5
Indy
Level 2. I've only played like 3 team deathmatches.
Swiift
100k away from level 5.

Gotta love deathmatches in the airport with just sniper rifles, its great fun!
SyPh3r
just got to a 7 today takes forever to rank up but my roomates also play to and my girlfriend so theres always some1 getting down racking up cash might take a while for that 8 tho the 8 is a million,the 9 is 2.5 million and the 10 is 5 million
Pez
rank 5 for me biggrin.gif
kuuvan
QUOTE(SyPh3r @ May 21 2008, 02:09 AM) [snapback]1439065[/snapback]
just got to a 7 today takes forever to rank up but my roomates also play to and my girlfriend so theres always some1 getting down racking up cash might take a while for that 8 tho the 8 is a million,the 9 is 2.5 million and the 10 is 5 million

just a little clarification so people wont be confused, level 8 doesnt take 1 million points to hit from level 7, to reach level 6 its 250,000 point, level 7 is also 250'000 points, level 8 is also 250,000 points. i'm level 7 atm still need 100,000 to reach level 8 here. i'm not sure what it is for level 9 and 10 tho, but judging from the above quote looks to be about 1.5 million for level 9 and 2.5 million for level 10, ewww thats gonna hurt. =/
BuffaloBills10
QUOTE(bobs99 @ May 18 2008, 09:39 AM) [snapback]1437576[/snapback]
hmm to be honest when i play multiplayer i tend to go for social so i can play with my friends, so im only like a level 2.

the thing is find with this game is that ranked is ridiculous, its not even really based on who has the most skill, to et to level 10 the best thing to do is just grind bomb da base, play that for a few hours every day for a couple of weeks and youll get to level 10.

in other games you rank up and down based on if you win/ lose to them, and that just wouldnt work in gta so the system isnt bad, i just know i will never play ranked enough to get past level 5

Agreed, its funny I'm only at level 2, I usually only play like 2 or 3 games at a time. But I often find that the higher ranked players (7,8 and up) aren't really that good at Deathmatches and races and modes like that. They usually are among the bottom of the boards at the end of the game. I think it's because most of the people ranked that high this soon are just playing the co-op stuff over and over. Nothing against that but its pretty apparent when playing that high rankings don't have much to do with skill.
rallyarne
Gunther Strigoi, you're a fucking idiot!!!
DeMiZe-420-
Im a 4star right now but in terms of stats, check my sig.. If anyone wants to challenge me to a game of car jack city i wont turn it down
NIGGALICIOUS
I was rank 4, but now I'm rank 2. Damn PS3 ranking system
RamzKilla
QUOTE(NiggaMan @ May 27 2008, 08:17 PM) [snapback]1442174[/snapback]

yea i had that problem to i was level 6 then i went back on and i was 0 then i shut it off for a day and it went back to 6 but now im 7
NIGGALICIOUS
QUOTE(RamzKilla @ May 28 2008, 03:09 AM) [snapback]1442300[/snapback]

yea i had that problem to i was level 6 then i went back on and i was 0 then i shut it off for a day and it went back to 6 but now im 7

Mine never went back up... but i still have my level 4 clothes lol
Zen
Rank 2... Unlike some of you, I end up breaking controllers after continuous play on multiplayer. tongue.gif
Lee
QUOTE(Zen @ May 28 2008, 10:30 AM) [snapback]1442357[/snapback]
Rank 2... Unlike some of you, I end up breaking controllers after continuous play on multiplayer. tongue.gif

Is that before or after the other team phones you at the start of the match so you can't hear your team mates!? For those that don't know what I'm talking about, me and Zen got done by some cheating bastards the other night!

On topic: I'm a 2 at the moment but only need about 5k to get my level 3.
RamzKilla
QUOTE(NiggaMan @ May 28 2008, 03:21 AM) [snapback]1442301[/snapback]
QUOTE(RamzKilla @ May 28 2008, 03:09 AM) [snapback]1442300[/snapback]

Mine never went back up... but i still have my level 4 clothes lol

mine went back today now im level 2 i still have all my clothes and all and my ranks on the Network in the start menu has 2 of me1 say im level 7 rank 59 overall for deal breaker and the other one says im level 7 but im like 7289 overall for deal breaker and when i play now im level 2
asthenia
I'm hoping to get to Level 5 today, only about 30k left.
GLC
QUOTE(OG-LEGEND @ Sep 23 2008, 04:07 AM) [snapback]1465884[/snapback]
QUOTE(Niko Vance @ May 15 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]1436248[/snapback]

plzz i was a level 8 and i had shit stats i was working my way up iwas in the top 300 player fo team death and i have a new account OG-LEGEND i got to level 2 in one game my average kill rate per match in 130 i have played 9 games and iam level 4 and i am ranked 83 overall in the world and for you dum shits who lose there stats just fucking turn off ur ps3 a couple of times it has happened to me and number of times and i got my start back soo shut up u fuck heads

nice four month bump....
firebird999
i'm at 4. whenever i try to go into a ranked game they boot me before it even loads. i swear, i've only gone in one once in the past 2 months.
bOnEs
well, since it was bumped rolleyes.gif... i am 50k away from level 7... hopefully in a months (or so) time, i can be at level 8... i DO wanna at least achieve that so when i join matches, they see my shiny bronze star laugh.gif... because, i am sure that once i reach 7, my star is gonna look like i am at level 1, just because they are frikin hard to see...
ViceMan
QUOTE(GLC @ Sep 23 2008, 07:53 AM) [snapback]1465900[/snapback]
QUOTE(OG-LEGEND @ Sep 23 2008, 04:07 AM) [snapback]1465884[/snapback]
QUOTE(Niko Vance @ May 15 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]1436248[/snapback]

plzz i was a level 8 and i had shit stats i was working my way up iwas in the top 300 player fo team death and i have a new account OG-LEGEND i got to level 2 in one game my average kill rate per match in 130 i have played 9 games and iam level 4 and i am ranked 83 overall in the world and for you dum shits who lose there stats just fucking turn off ur ps3 a couple of times it has happened to me and number of times and i got my start back soo shut up u fuck heads

nice four month bump....

Nice flaming from him too. I'm still at level 5, been there for quite some time now, I don't play enough to rank up, but then again, I don't give a toss about my rank anyway, nor do I care about the new clothing.
GLC
i've been at 4 for about a month now, i only play free roam....
DuPz0r
I've never really cared much for ranks, just achieving new lame outfits isn't exactly motivating.

I am level 7 though...
bOnEs
the coolest outfit i got was when i reached level 4 i think... the green camo pants with timberland boots... and the red/brown vest combo... and of course i have the black head so i can say stuff like, "whats poppin' playa?" or "eat a dick, clown..." but, the clothing really is a joke... i don't even pay attention to what other people are wearing anyways... the only time i do is when i spot a zombie...

but yea, i don't care about rankings either... i just want a bronze star so it feels like i've accomplished something online laugh.gif..
DiO
I'm level 8. I will never get higher than that. Not going to even try.
bOnEs
QUOTE(OG-LEGEND @ Sep 24 2008, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1466164[/snapback]
man its easy to level up its doesnt take long u just have to be good like me sooo tell me how many matches did it take for u to get to ur level everbody

are you kidding me?! it takes forever... most of us don't play 6 hours a day/7 days a week... i'm lucky if i can log 10 hours a week playing GTA offline and online... so, it's gonna take a lot of "deal breaker" missions to get to 8... although, i am only 15k away from reaching level 7 so, i am not too far off...
bOnEs
QUOTE(OG-LEGEND @ Sep 25 2008, 06:40 PM) [snapback]1466281[/snapback]
QUOTE(turd burglar @ Sep 25 2008, 04:22 PM) [snapback]1466223[/snapback]
QUOTE(OG-LEGEND @ Sep 24 2008, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1466164[/snapback]
man its easy to level up its doesnt take long u just have to be good like me sooo tell me how many matches did it take for u to get to ur level everbody

are you kidding me?! it takes forever... most of us don't play 6 hours a day/7 days a week... i'm lucky if i can log 10 hours a week playing GTA offline and online... so, it's gonna take a lot of "deal breaker" missions to get to 8... although, i am only 15k away from reaching level 7 so, i am not too far off...

how many games has it taken u to get to level 7 or 8 and whats ur avrage score

not sure what my average score is but, i'm ranked somewhere around 500 and it's taken roughly 130 games to get that far... but, i've also played a lot of other modes like GTA race, some bomb da bases, and the other modes sprinkled in and about as well, which helps out tremendously because my friend from work has played deal breaker about 300 times and is only ranked 8... but, i've been playing online ever since about a month after release... and i took a months hiatus in between to complete a 100% file...

so yea, it's taken a long time to get to this point...
HongKongPhooey
FOR REAL OG?!? Your so incredible man
bOnEs
QUOTE(OG-LEGEND @ Sep 25 2008, 08:12 PM) [snapback]1466288[/snapback]
ok bro i am ranked 83 overall i average 130 to 140 kills a match i made a new account i know all the top deathmatches and team deathmatches

130 to 140 kills a match... lol, bullshit!! you wont even kill 140 people in 5 matches....
HongKongPhooey
lol i beat most people. but i never bragged or lied, thats the point im making. Now grow up kid or fuck off because no one wants to hear it
bOnEs
QUOTE(OG-LEGEND @ Sep 25 2008, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1466304[/snapback]
QUOTE(HongKongPhooey @ Sep 26 2008, 02:05 AM) [snapback]1466301[/snapback]
FOR REAL OG?!? Your so incredible man

U FUCKIN WAIT CUNT I AM GETTING MY PS3 SOON AND WE WILL SE HOW GOOD U REALLY ARE OK FUCK HEAD

Save your breath, no one gives a shit - Duff

wow, someone sure takes themselves too seriously... lighten up man... it's just a game...

btw, i am now at level 7... and i think i might reach level 8 sooner than i thought since i only need $250,000 to do so... hell, that's a couple weeks worth of DB'in a few hours, a few times a week... that's definately doo'able...

sorry about ignoring you last night phooey... i saw your invite but, i had just started playing with my friend from work... and when we play, we usually play alone because, it keeps the idiots out who try to blow you up at jimmy's mansion... and it gives us the chance to play the mission at our own pace and take our own routes... we hate having to rush through it super fast because we are competing with other people... we like to slow the flow biggrin.gif...
HongKongPhooey
its ok i invited you on accident lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.