Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3 online solution (It worked for me and others too)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
kendalbren
Hi. If like me you've been suffering from the "The connection with one or more player has been lost" message, follow this. It worked for me and lots of others too. I'm no whizz kid or anything. I just know it works. I now have no problem connecting to the Multiplayer option first time, every time.

I wrote this description on my blog to explain everything step by step.

I hope it helps some of you out.

Cheers.
TheAnalogKid2112
Thank you so much man! I hope it works. I'll try it tomorrow.
shabbagaz
Is the PPPoE user name and password just your normal ISP username and password you use to log into your ISP's website (e.g. for account settings etc).

I've tried that but it doesn't work.
kendalbren
Did you receive a message saying your PPPoE username and password was incorrect? If so, you have 3 choices:

1. Try the default - username: broadband1 password: password (case sensitive)
2. Google the name of your ISP with "PPoE" and see what you can dig up
3. Call your ISP and ask them what your PPoE username and password is. They'll tell you quickly I'd have thought.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers.
shabbagaz
What i've found out by googling is that my ISP (Virgin Media) doesn't use PPPoe.

Can't see them giving me a username and password for it if they don't even use it. unsure.gif
TheAnalogKid2112
I used my correct PPPoE and all this junk and it doesn't work. It failed on obtain IP address. Any suggestions? I do have a wireless connection..
shabbagaz
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid @ May 22 2008, 04:44 AM) [snapback]1439648[/snapback]
I used my correct PPPoE and all this junk and it doesn't work. It failed on obtain IP address. Any suggestions? I do have a wireless connection..

I have wireless too and still suffering from the same problems.

Can anyone say whether having a wired connection wil be better? Or offer a solution that works?
bouncing
In most cases, you shouldn't be setting up your ISP's PPPoE over your PS3. That's something that handled by your router.
gamesjunkie
I have tried setting up a wireless connection many a time over the past week ever since i got the PS3 and it just will not work. It always fails to obtain and IP address and to be honest I am getting sort of sick even trying to get a connection on there.

Nothing ever goes right.! unsure.gif
shabbagaz
Can noone come up with a credible solution that actually works? Its beginning to really wind me up now and in a way i've paid for a game that doesn't fully function properly.

Why are some people, like myself, having problems but others aren't?
nicksizzy
QUOTE(shabbagaz @ Jun 7 2008, 12:28 PM) [snapback]1445944[/snapback]
Can noone come up with a credible solution that actually works? Its beginning to really wind me up now and in a way i've paid for a game that doesn't fully function properly.

this works 100%-all you are trying to do is get nat type 1 , because somehow for a lot of people that's the only way they can play online.Here is a video on how to do this , it worked for me and a lot of people. The only thing you have to find out is the pppoe username and password which you use for logging on to the internet with your router or modem.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU&feature=related[/youtube]
shabbagaz
QUOTE(nicksizzy @ Jun 10 2008, 01:39 AM) [snapback]1446604[/snapback]
QUOTE(shabbagaz @ Jun 7 2008, 12:28 PM) [snapback]1445944[/snapback]

this works 100%-all you are trying to do is get nat type 1 , because somehow for a lot of people that's the only way they can play online.Here is a video on how to do this , it worked for me and a lot of people. The only thing you have to find out is the pppoe username and password which you use for logging on to the internet with your router or modem.

But my ISP doesn't use/offer PPPoe.

Any other way of solving the problem?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.