Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trojan warning
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
Nec
Seems the old postcard.org trojan is on the loose again. Report as spam, phishing scam, and/or delete. Just a heads up.

The postcard is a LIE!

ETA: This is NOT from a news source, but from my guy, who has been getting them all day long today. NOT old news.
Styl
*resists the urge to make a sly remark*

I actually dled a trojan the other day. First time I've had a virus in awhile. Felt kinda good too....

o_O

I got it from citruswire, I knew it was a fake file but i tried it anyway. Avg caught onto its little games though, and has since been banished from my computer.

Ok I just had to do it...

In America, you download trojan. In soviet union trojan downloads you!

And also isn't it funny how when you download a trojan and get a virus, but IRL you use a trojan to prevent viruses?

Hehe.

Wow, I believe this has been one of my most epic posts to date.
-spyder-
^Is citruswire the program who made Limewire, because i heard something about a new program from them

And yeah i was on limewire the other day downloading something, i thought it was a virus by the tell of its name because on there now if you type something in the search bar, a file always turns up with exactly the same title as what you searched for, but anyways my AVG scanned it and by no surprise it was a trojan

But with emails i never hardly at all get any spam or false/fake emails at all.
Styl
Nah I meant limewire, but for some reason I thought that word wasn't allowed on here.
Nec
Silly sly Styl happy.gif

Mentioning Limewire itself is allowed since it is a legitimate program, it is telling people to use it to download illegal stuff that isn't allowed. It is kind of hard to do that, but Limewire can be used for legitimate purposes.
Styl
Yeah thats what I thought. On another forum I go on for music production, its not allowed. Makes sense tho....

I have nothing better to do than to post sly remarks on the netz. I have no life.

smile.gif
-spyder-
QUOTE(Styl @ May 15 2008, 06:37 PM) [snapback]1436296[/snapback]
Nah I meant limewire, but for some reason I thought that word wasn't allowed on here.

Lol ok
psychÝ
QUOTE(Nec @ May 15 2008, 06:57 PM) [snapback]1436303[/snapback]
Silly sly Styl happy.gif

Mentioning Limewire itself is allowed since it is a legitimate program, it is telling people to use it to download illegal stuff that isn't allowed. It is kind of hard to do that, but Limewire can be used for legitimate purposes.

I don't think anyone has ever used Limewire for a legitimate purpose.

I fail to see the relevance of this topic as new Trojans and viruses are created everyday, if you aren't an idiot you will never realise though.
Nec
QUOTE(psychÝ @ May 15 2008, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1436434[/snapback]
QUOTE(Nec @ May 15 2008, 06:57 PM) [snapback]1436303[/snapback]
Silly sly Styl happy.gif

I don't think anyone has ever used Limewire for a legitimate purpose.

I fail to see the relevance of this topic as new Trojans and viruses are created everyday, if you aren't an idiot you will never realise though.

If it was new, I wouldn't have mentioned it. This started in 2005, and hasn't been around for a long time. Also, it shows as coming from a legitimate site. Spam filter and anti-virus did not catch it, that is a good enough reason for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.