Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 100% Checklist - Save Your Progress
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
UPDATE

You can now share your checklist with your friends. Log into your profile and copy the link to your completion list and send/post it to whoever you want and they can see exactly what you've got left to do.

http://www.gta4.tv/completion/Psy/

ORIGINAL POST

I mentioned a few days ago that we have a 100% Checklist on the website detailing everything which needs to be completed in order to achieve full 100% completion of the game.

That in itself is a very useful resource, however as always I've tried to go one better and I now present to you, the saveable 100% checklist!

Simply register for an account using a username and password (which literally takes 5 seconds), then log in and begin checking off the objectives you've completed. Come back when you've made some progress in the game and update your list knowing exactly what else you've got to do for completion. It's that simple.

I'll be making further updates to it soon, such as allowing you to share your checklist completion with other people, however everything is working as it should, so what are you waiting for?

Get over to the 100% Completion Checklist and get registered.

Please post any comments, feedback, requests or bugs in this topic.

Enjoy.
Zen
Fantastic work as usual Psy. smile.gif
grimface1987
Great work. This is really useful!
:E.
great job...but I have a question. is there any way to tell what random peds you've already met and how many times? i can only find where it says i've met 6...but doesnt tell me who or if ive repeated any of them
Psy
Unfortunately not. You'll just have to keep checking all of their destinations and see if they show up or not.
ViceMan
It would be nice if the checklist could also calculate your % complete, just for reference. But nice work nonetheless.
DiO
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 14 2008, 07:55 AM) [snapback]1435620[/snapback]
It would be nice if the checklist could also calculate your % complete, just for reference. But nice work nonetheless.

Another 1000 lines of code later. Have fun Psy. tongue.gif
Roman
Is the checklist integrated with the forum database or do I need to create a separate account? I am just wondering since it gave me a login error so I am not sure if something is wrong with the script or I just need to register again.
Harrop
QUOTE(Roman @ May 14 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]1435652[/snapback]
Is the checklist integrated with the forum database or do I need to create a separate account? I am just wondering since it gave me a login error so I am not sure if something is wrong with the script or I just need to register again.

Just click on register and log in as usual and it will then redirect you and then log in again and it will let you amend and save it.
neko_ceko
Wow nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like this.
Good work
Psy
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 14 2008, 12:55 PM) [snapback]1435620[/snapback]

I'm considering doing this, however it won't be fully accurate because the percentage given for different objectives in the game seems to change at random. Some missions give you 0.70%, some give you 0.69, and some objectives give you 1.5%. Once I work through the game and work it all out, I might make that change, but it won't be any time soon.

QUOTE(Roman @ May 14 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]1435652[/snapback]

You need to register a new account specifically for the 100% Checklist.
Indy
Im lazy. Can there not be a button that selects all the story missions.
Psy
QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ May 14 2008, 03:16 PM) [snapback]1435685[/snapback]

There 'could' be... But all you need to do is hit tab then space, then tab then space etc till they're done. It'll take a minute if that smile.gif.
SDuffy
Excellent work, thank you smile.gif
Amis
Thankyou Psy, I really appriciate this.
Indy
QUOTE(Psy @ May 14 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1435693[/snapback]
QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ May 14 2008, 03:16 PM) [snapback]1435685[/snapback]

There 'could' be... But all you need to do is hit tab then space, then tab then space etc till they're done. It'll take a minute if that smile.gif.

Thanks, I didn't know that.
Psy
You can now share your checklist with your friends. Log into your profile and copy the link to your completion list and send/post it to whoever you want and they can see exactly what you've got left to do.

http://www.gta4.tv/completion/Psy/
ezekiel 08
When I try to go to it, it says I'm not a user?? Do I have to sign up to something else? Here's the link I'm trying to use:

http://www.gta4.tv/completion/ezekiel%2008/

Is this correct? Can someone help as I really want to use the checklist.

QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ May 14 2008, 11:46 PM) [snapback]1435685[/snapback]

I like this idea, more professional thumbup.gif .
Psy
You need to register a 100% account.

Checking/unchecking all missions would require javascript which I'm not too good with, but I'll see what I can do. If you're too lazy to click on 80 buttons when it took me about 20 hours to make that list then maybe you shouldn't be using it though.
Nec
QUOTE(Psy @ May 16 2008, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1436841[/snapback]

Checking/unchecking all missions would require javascript which I'm not too good with, but I'll see what I can do. If you're too lazy to click on 80 buttons when it took me about 20 hours to make that list then maybe you shouldn't be using it though.

Word.

I think it is cool as hell the way it is. Besides, if you use it when you start a game, rather than when you are halfway through it, it is not as much clicking at once.

The only thing I wish (still) is that it was more printer-friendly. Printing out all the images that go along with it takes a lot of ink. That, however, is a very minor and selfish want wink.gif
Psy
QUOTE(Nec @ May 16 2008, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1436872[/snapback]
QUOTE(Psy @ May 16 2008, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1436841[/snapback]

Word.

I think it is cool as hell the way it is. Besides, if you use it when you start a game, rather than when you are halfway through it, it is not as much clicking at once.

The only thing I wish (still) is that it was more printer-friendly. Printing out all the images that go along with it takes a lot of ink. That, however, is a very minor and selfish want wink.gif

You not tried highlighting the actual checklist and just printing selection?

A printer friendly version wouldn't be too hard to make (for the empty list). Can't really do one for the customized list without it taking a long time.
ezekiel 08
QUOTE(Psy @ May 17 2008, 02:17 AM) [snapback]1436841[/snapback]

Yeah, just figgured it out, cheers anyways!

QUOTE(Nec @ May 17 2008, 03:14 AM) [snapback]1436872[/snapback]
Besides, if you use it when you start a game, rather than when you are halfway through it, it is not as much clicking at once.

I'm sure most people here started the game when it came out and have done most of the missions so I doubt that everyone is going to start a new game just to use the list.

And we (us dump non coders) don't know the process behind making a checklist and don't understand the difficulties on Javascript. If I did, I wouldn't have mentioned any "check all missions" button. You do an awesome job Psy, good luck with the 360 captures wink.gif .
Nec
QUOTE(Psy @ May 16 2008, 12:28 PM) [snapback]1436922[/snapback]
You not tried highlighting the actual checklist and just printing selection?

A printer friendly version wouldn't be too hard to make (for the empty list). Can't really do one for the customized list without it taking a long time.

Didn't want to work and highlighted the pics too. Might be browser(s) or printer or a combination thereof. This new printer has a web to page option for IE, and it couldn't keep the pics out either. It is probably just my retarded computer or a user malfunction tongue.gif
Psy
http://www.gta4.tv/psy/100percent.php should do it for you then. Not an official release btw... Just use it for printing.
Nec
Thanks, Psy, you are awesome smile.gif Hot off the press!
unit2651
Hey Psy

thats cool stupid.gif

whats your favorite thing to do on gta 4?
logan97
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 14 2008, 06:46 AM) [snapback]1435670[/snapback]
Wow nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like this.
Good work

in GTA san andreas is two player free roam splitscreen?
Brandts
QUOTE(Psy @ May 14 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1435671[/snapback]

I'm considering doing this, however it won't be fully accurate because the percentage given for different objectives in the game seems to change at random. Some missions give you 0.70%, some give you 0.69, and some objectives give you 1.5%. Once I work through the game and work it all out, I might make that change, but it won't be any time soon.

I'm working on a calculator like this. I figured out that the percentage for each mission is calculated like this: %=number of story missions * 60 / 85. This number has got to be rounded up to 2 decimales. This is because for completing all the story missions is calculated 60% and GTA IV counts for the whole story mode 85 missions (i've got no idea why it counts with 85 missions while the story mode contains 87 missions. Maybe the missions from "A Dish Served Cold OR If The Price Is Right" and "Out Of Commission OR A Revenger's Tragedy" aren't counted because only 2 of them can be played???)

This formule worked perfect for me untill about 60 missions. From then on the game counted an lower percentage then my formula. I've got no idea why this is. I'm still working on that but i'm stuck at the moment. Is there anybody who wants to help me with this problem??
Psy
QUOTE(Brandts @ May 22 2008, 09:31 AM) [snapback]1439698[/snapback]

I'm working on a calculator like this. I figured out that the percentage for each mission is calculated like this: %=number of story missions * 60 / 85. This number has got to be rounded up to 2 decimales. This is because for completing all the story missions is calculated 60% and GTA IV counts for the whole story mode 85 missions (i've got no idea why it counts with 85 missions while the story mode contains 87 missions. Maybe the missions from "A Dish Served Cold OR If The Price Is Right" and "Out Of Commission OR A Revenger's Tragedy" aren't counted because only 2 of them can be played???)

This formule worked perfect for me untill about 60 missions. From then on the game counted an lower percentage then my formula. I've got no idea why this is. I'm still working on that but i'm stuck at the moment. Is there anybody who wants to help me with this problem??

I've been playing through the game writing down the percentage you get for every objective. I'm about 30% through so far, and the percent per mission is variable, so I don't really think there's any kind of formula which will calculate your exact percentage.
Brandts
QUOTE(Psy @ May 22 2008, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1439834[/snapback]
QUOTE(Brandts @ May 22 2008, 09:31 AM) [snapback]1439698[/snapback]

I've been playing through the game writing down the percentage you get for every objective. I'm about 30% through so far, and the percent per mission is variable, so I don't really think there's any kind of formula which will calculate your exact percentage.

Would you mind giving me what you've got so far? I've studied math a couple years so if there is a way to calculate it, I think I can find it. If I've got something I will give it to you so that you can use it for your site wink.gif
Brandts
Never mind. I think that I've allready figured out how it's calculated. I just have to test one thing when I'm finished with working to be sure. Thanks anyway...

Edit:
I just checked and I was right. Now I know how to calculate your progress wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.