Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA4 Officially Holds 2 Guiness World Records
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Pyrocy
Yeap, GTAIV is finally a record holder in the Guinness Book of World Records, breaking the previous record held by Halo 3 in overall revenue sales within the 24 hour mark of the game's launch. It also has attained another record by being the fastest selling piece of entertainment software, selling 3.6 millions on the first day as well.

In case you haven't been following, on the first day alone GTAIV raked in a hefty $310 million dollars (roughly). That is about twice as much as Halo 3's earnings on launch day which was about $170 million.

Congratulations Rockstar! Now the whole world can beat up hookers and mobsters in unison!

Source: QJ.Net
HB~Sauce
Wow, and it didn't even have the same marketing push Halo 3 did.
GTA~BOSS
that was up fuck you halo fans GTA IS OFFICALLY AND ALWAYS WILL BE BETTER THAN SHOOTIN ALIENS
Riaz Khan
Thats a huge accomplishment but Halo 3 was only available on the XBOX360, GTA 4 is available on two platforms which obviously would help in sales.
DiO
QUOTE(Riaz Khan @ May 13 2008, 06:40 PM) [snapback]1435399[/snapback]
Thats a huge accomplishment but Halo 3 was only available on the XBOX360, GTA 4 is available on two platforms which obviously would help in sales.

/\ What he said. Good job R*
GTA ShutDown
QUOTE(GTA~BOSS @ May 13 2008, 11:39 PM) [snapback]1435397[/snapback]
that was up fuck you halo fans GTA IS OFFICALLY AND ALWAYS WILL BE BETTER THAN SHOOTIN ALIENS

Calm the fuck down halo 3 and GTA Iv are both great games

§ynch
QUOTE(GTA~BOSS @ May 13 2008, 03:39 PM) [snapback]1435397[/snapback]
that was up fuck you halo fans

Is "up fuck" a new saying?
Sorry kids, adult here, trying to comprehend. cool.gif

Snake Pliskin: Got a smoke?
Nec
QUOTE(GTA~BOSS @ May 13 2008, 03:39 PM) [snapback]1435397[/snapback]

diespam.gif

I recommend an edit there.

I'll edit mine if you edit yours wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.