Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: War in Bosnia and Herzegovina
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
neko_ceko
QUOTE(sparkycufc @ May 13 2008, 09:51 AM) [snapback]1434886[/snapback]
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 12 2008, 02:46 PM) [snapback]1434450[/snapback]
He is not a SERBIAN war veteran since he talks about children being killed and slaughtered in the war, SERbs were killing children in the war...so how the hell can he a serbian war veteran that means then that he was killing the children... he is either from Croatia or Bosnia, and lived through the war in Vukovar or Srebrenica..... .back in the 90s serbs slaughtered and raped young girls and killed boys...and this could be the events he is referring to...or he is a Bosnian or Croat who lived in the Bosnian or Croatian war and fought along the Bosnian or Croatian army..
Niko says that he walked into some structure and found dead kids who got their throats cut by the enemy...in the war there wasn't any throat cutting of serbian kids since the war was not in Serbia the war was in croatia and bosnia...so how can he be serbian.....

You've not been watching or listening very hard have you?

In one of the conversations he has (I think with Mrs Faustin) he talks about how he and his army colleagues lined up women and children against a wall and shot them, and how a man who has done things like he has is beyond salvation.

Also it wasn't just the Serbs who were killing women and children in that particular conflict, they were certainly the worst perpetrators of war crimes but horrible things were done by all sides, no country was innocent.

Nobody killed inoccent people in that war. ONLY SERBS

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Bellic

I think he is serb now.
sparkycufc
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 13 2008, 12:28 PM) [snapback]1434918[/snapback]
QUOTE(sparkycufc @ May 13 2008, 09:51 AM) [snapback]1434886[/snapback]
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 12 2008, 02:46 PM) [snapback]1434450[/snapback]
He is not a SERBIAN war veteran since he talks about children being killed and slaughtered in the war, SERbs were killing children in the war...so how the hell can he a serbian war veteran that means then that he was killing the children... he is either from Croatia or Bosnia, and lived through the war in Vukovar or Srebrenica..... .back in the 90s serbs slaughtered and raped young girls and killed boys...and this could be the events he is referring to...or he is a Bosnian or Croat who lived in the Bosnian or Croatian war and fought along the Bosnian or Croatian army..
Niko says that he walked into some structure and found dead kids who got their throats cut by the enemy...in the war there wasn't any throat cutting of serbian kids since the war was not in Serbia the war was in croatia and bosnia...so how can he be serbian.....

You've not been watching or listening very hard have you?

In one of the conversations he has (I think with Mrs Faustin) he talks about how he and his army colleagues lined up women and children against a wall and shot them, and how a man who has done things like he has is beyond salvation.

Also it wasn't just the Serbs who were killing women and children in that particular conflict, they were certainly the worst perpetrators of war crimes but horrible things were done by all sides, no country was innocent.

Nobody killed inoccent people in that war. ONLY SERBS

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Bellic

I think he is serb now.

In war bad things happen and people do terrible things,on both sides, to believe anything else is naive to say the least. The Serbs were much worse than their enemies but their enemies still did horrible things.

If it makes your life easier to believe otherwise then carrying on doing that.
neko_ceko
No. I live in Bosnia, I lived through that war. Serbs attacked us, we didn't attacked them, they attacked us with no good reason.

What Serbs did:
Quote from Wiki:

"The Srebrenica massacre is the largest mass murder in Europe since World War II.[7] In 2004, in an unanimous ruling on the "Prosecutor v. Krstić" case, the Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), located in The Hague, ruled that the Srebrenica massacre was genocide,[8] the Presiding Judge Theodor Meron stating:

By seeking to eliminate a part of the Bosnian Muslims [Bosniaks], the Bosnian Serb forces committed genocide. They targeted for extinction the forty thousand Bosnian Muslims living in Srebrenica, a group which was emblematic of the Bosnian Muslims in general. They stripped all the male Muslim prisoners, military and civilian, elderly and young, of their personal belongings and identification, and deliberately and methodically killed them solely on the basis of their identity.[9]"

Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

What we did:
Defended our selfs.
sparkycufc
You are either deliberately misreading what I wrote or you are burying your head in the sand with regards to what actually happened.

I'm not trying to say that the Serbs did not commit the vast majority of attrocities in the war what I am saying (and it is backed up by UN and EU reports) is that other people committed attrocities too, that's what happens in war.

Atrocities were committed by all sides and against all sectors of the population in Bosnia-Herzegovina between 1992 and 1995. But the Serb strategy of gender-selective mass executions of non-combatant men was the most severe and systematic atrocity inflicted throughout. The war in Bosnia can thus be considered both a genocide against Bosnia's Muslim population, and a gendercide against Muslim men in particular.

http://www.gendercide.org/case_bosnia.html

As I say though if it helps you to deny that anyone other than the Serbs did bad things then that's up to you.

Nec
Here are all of the posts in the GTA IV section that belong here. I will make an appropriate title for it when someone comes up with one.
Mekstizzle
May I suggest "War in Bosnia and Herzegovina"

Idunnolol

---

About Niko Bellic, why doesn't someone just tell us what language/accent he and Roman speak in?

I know there aint no Universal Slavic Language/Accent
neko_ceko
About Niko: >_>
Just wanted to say, someone post a video to "Niko is Serb" topic, so I can hear his accent. So I can see where is he from >_>
TwoFacedTanner
Roman said something about his english not being as good as his Serbian or something at the beginning of the game, when he is picking up Niko.
neko_ceko
Yea i know, but post it in Niko is Serbian topic-
§ynch
QUOTE(sparkycufc @ May 13 2008, 08:22 AM) [snapback]1435113[/snapback]
You are either deliberately misreading what I wrote or you are burying your head in the sand with regards to what actually happened.

I'm not trying to say that the Serbs did not commit the vast majority of attrocities in the war what I am saying
(and it is backed up by UN and EU reports) is that other people committed attrocities too, that's what happens in war.

Atrocities were committed by all sides and against all sectors of the population in Bosnia-Herzegovina between 1992 and 1995. But the Serb strategy of gender-selective mass executions of non-combatant men was the most severe and systematic atrocity inflicted throughout. The war in Bosnia can thus be considered both a genocide against Bosnia's Muslim population, and a gendercide against Muslim men in particular.

http://www.gendercide.org/case_bosnia.html

As I say though if it helps you to deny that anyone other than the Serbs did bad things then that's up to you.

Have to agree.
neko_ceko
EU and UN suck balls in working there job...
§ynch
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 13 2008, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1435343[/snapback]
EU and UN suck balls in working there job...

Every service and support mechanism, especially government, sucks to a certain degree.

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.

We had Bosnian refugees come into Redwood City, California, in the mid 90's.

They had nothing but pure horror stories, as any of the refugees that flee here.

I.E; Vietnamese, etc., it's all the same, whether right or wrong, resulting in innocent casualties.

It's as Sparky stated.

neko_ceko
QUOTE(§ynch @ May 13 2008, 11:50 PM) [snapback]1435372[/snapback]
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.

Yes, it can, but it all comes back in few minutes. Its not true, wikipedia can not be edited by anyone. They check every edited article.

And Bosnian war was biggest massacre since WW2.
Marneyo Juano
Neko, with all due respect, you're saying that only serbs have done war crimes in that conflict only because you're from Bosnia, I'm positive that if you were from Serbia, you'd claim that you had no other choice and they attacked you first but nobody reported abut that and you HAD to fight back, or some shit.
You live in one of the discussed countries, so your opinion is obviously subjective.
neko_ceko
Whatever
Serbs are fucking fascist, they are same like fucking nazis (they are nazis)

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...750C0A963958260
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 13 2008, 02:59 PM) [snapback]1435004[/snapback]
No. I live in Bosnia, I lived through that war. Serbs attacked us, we didn't attacked them, they attacked us with no good reason.
Without immersing myself any further in this thread, I have to be suspicious of any statement to this effect.
neko_ceko
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ May 14 2008, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1435885[/snapback]
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 13 2008, 02:59 PM) [snapback]1435004[/snapback]
Without immersing myself any further in this thread, I have to be suspicious of any statement to this effect.

English?
Oh never mind.
neko_ceko
No no say it
Fine. It seems too black and white to be true. I'm aware of the war crimes, though not the whole cause-and-effect of it, but I don't think such a black and white statement can ever be entirely true.
neko_ceko
They attacked us just because we asked for independence from stupid Yugoslavia, which became shit the moment when Tito died.
Serbs are retarded
They started Word War 1, and World War 2 started because of WWI, so in a way they started WWII too
Marneyo Juano
On 28 June 1914, Gavrilo Princip, a Bosnian Serb student, shot and killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne in Sarajevo. Princip was a member of Young Bosnia, a group whose aims included the unification of the South Slavs and independence from Austria-Hungary. The assassination in Sarajevo set into motion a series of fast-moving events that eventually escalated into full-scale war.[6] Austria-Hungary demanded action by Serbia to punish those responsible and, when Austria-Hungary deemed Serbia had not complied, declared war.

The way it seems, a bosnian killed Ferdinand, and Serbia were the ones who refused to start a massacre and hunt down all those resposible, that's when a chain reaction was set off.
neko_ceko
Nope.
That guy was fucking Serb who was living in Sarajevo. he is Serb
Marneyo Juano
What was the organization's name? YOUNG BOSNIA
All taken from wikipedia which is, according to you, a reliable source.
Yeah I must say, that's how my knowledge of the situation runs.
Caliph
Ah crap, I thought Niko was Bosnian all this time long.
neko_ceko
"Young Bosnia (Serbo-Croat: Млада Босна / Mlada Bosna) is a term that came into use in the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes after World War I to refer to individuals, groups and organizations who favored the violent destruction of Austria-Hungary to make way for unification of the south Slavs with Serbia, the formation of Yugoslavia, or the creation of some other Slavic state."

It haves nothing to do with bosnia.
Caliph
^What I learned in highschool is that Bosnia refers to the Bosniak people, the majority of whom are Muslim.
neko_ceko
Not really.
Its fucking complicated.
Before war, all people who were living in Bosnia were Bosnians.
Then Serbs came, killed half of our people, took half of our country, and then we are Bosniaks.

Map

The blue part is the part they took from us, its still in Bosnia, but its called "Republika Srpska" which means Serb Republic, and Bosnian Serbs and Serbs live there. The other parts is Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Bosniaks live there. Who are mostly muslims, but not all.
Mostly on the south side, Bosnian Croats and Croats live.
That is the reason why we have 3 fucking presidents.

And did you saw:
Young Bosnia (Serbo-Croat: Млада Босна / Mlada Bosna) is a term that came into use in the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.