Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA IV Smashes Online Gaming Record in the U.K.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Mattay
PlusNet, a U.K. based ISP, released information that Grand Theft Auto IV had stolen the online gaming record.

Neil Armstrong (PlusNet's products director) sounded very enthusiastic as he described the overwhelming broadband usage.

QUOTE(Neil Armstrong)
"The demand to play Grand Theft Auto IV online has been absolutely phenomenal. Our broadband usage figures have gone through the roof as customers’ battle it out on the streets of Liberty City."

Armstrong also said that the day after GTA IV's release, PlusNet had the busiest two hours of gaming in the United Kingdom.

QUOTE(Neil Armstrong)
"Gaming accounted for approximately 7.6 percent of all downloads in that hour – we'd normally expect to see between 3.5 percent and 5 percent by gaming around that time of day."

Thank you to Telegraph.co.uk for this wonderful bit of information.
Zeus
Pretty obvious that would happen tbh. I'd like to see what Rockstar come up with next to better GTA IV.
Randomly Insane
haha sweet news...

I'd like to see R* do another Smugglers Run.. anyone remember that from the early days of PS2?
TriBaL26
I remember seeing it a lot but never got it, what was it about?
Mekstizzle
Smugglers Run was fun. Think of it as Midnight Club, except in a massive countryside wilderness/desert where you had to go cross country to smuggle shit and avoid the cops etc.. it was one of the earliest PS2 games (as was Midnight Club) and it was pretty awesome. They're working on Midnight Club: Los Angeles, which looks fucking awesome. The Smugglers Run series was never as successful as MC, so I doubt they're gonna make a PS3/360 version
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.